Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ted Lasso sacked by Leeds

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Not happening at saints then. What a mess at Leeds and saints. Everton must be laughing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It does clarify things on here. I don't know about anyone else, but I was never sure whether to post the news of him signing for Saints here (although it is about him losing the leeds job, it digressed to cover his replacement) or on the nathan jones thread (since that became about the saints managerial vacancy, too).

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Jesse Marsch played for Chicago Fire FC but I didn't feel any kind of special feeling about him at that time.

He grew up in the area between Milwaukee & Chicago in Racine, WI which is also on Lake Michigan. It's the city north of Kenosha where the kid, Kyle Rittenhouse, with the AR rifle shot 2 rioters because he could and the people of Wisconsin decided it was self defence and Kyle faked a cry in court.

Jesse did spend 14 years with DC United after leaving the CFFC.

Good luck. Marsch will need it.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Talks broke down over length of contract:

Wonder how long he wanted? And how long there were willing to offer?
He was looking for four years, they offered him until half time against Chelsea on Saturday.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
that was a TV show that had second season syndrome.
Yeah. The first series was absolutely brilliant. The second was still alright but a couple of ridiculous episodes. That one with the other coach having a day of adventures was pointless.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The incompetence and lack of planning at these bottom-feeder clubs this season is hilarious.

We didn't even plan to bin our manager, but when he gave us the finger and f***ed off to fill his trousers, we had a replacement with his feet under the desk within a couple of weeks. The goons at Leeds and Stains have been staring down the barrel for half the season, yet had NOBODY in the frame to take over when they pulled the trigger.

How not to run a PL football club.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The incompetence and lack of planning at these bottom-feeder clubs this season is hilarious.

We didn't even plan to bin our manager, but when he gave us the finger and f***ed off to fill his trousers, we had a replacement with his feet under the desk within a couple of weeks. The goons at Leeds and Stains have been staring down the barrel for half the season, yet had NOBODY in the frame to take over when they pulled the trigger.

Succession planning is king. Never even heard of it prior to the last few years. I imagine it’s a big thing in business

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Succession planning is king. Never even heard of it prior to the last few years. I imagine it’s a big thing in business
Yep……in my last place I had plans for every senior role, not just the immediate (internal) successor but things like names of those potentially capable in 1-3 years and what development they would need to be ready. If there was a role where there wasn‘t a potential replacement we documented how things would be organised pending recruitment. All departments were the same……

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep……in my last place I had plans for every senior role, not just the immediate (internal) successor but things like names of those potentially capable in 1-3 years and what development they would need to be ready. If there was a role where there wasn‘t a potential replacement we documented how things would be organised pending recruitment. All departments were the same……
And yet many multimillion pound football clubs haven’t the foggiest what they’re doing. Mental

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse

Or they did have candidates, but forgot to ask them (or themselves) if they would realistically be interested…

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Javi Garcia hahahaha

Scrapping the bottom of a very deep barrel

Championship beckons
Kept them up and took them to an FA cup final. Not a bad appointment IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here