Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams you like to see do well

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Family ties Middlesborough and Arsenal, Liverpool when people generally supported an English team in Europe.

Brighton, but only when they're in the lower leagues. Don't like youse lot anywhere near as much when you're in the same division as Spurs (who i support). I used to love going to away games with my Brighton supporting mates, it was a lot of fun back when you were dreadful. And i've seen you play home games in four different grounds now!
Other than that, my highland league side Clachnacuddin, and St Pauli as well

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Anyone playing Aston Villa, Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley, Everton, Leeds, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Salford City & Wrexham!
I’d be interested, up to a point, in your reasons why some of these random teams have rubbed you up the wrong way! Not sure of the logic as to why you’d dislike both Birmingham and both Sheffield teams, for example, unless you liked their rivals or just disliked those cities? Oh and 0/10 for not answering the question but twisting it round to another question, a career in politics awaits (just not in Sheffield or Birmingham).

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Oh and 0/10 for not answering the question but twisting it round to another question, a career in politics awaits (just not in Sheffield or Birmingham).
“Anyone have any teams they are rooting for this season?”
The above is the question asked

Id be interested, up to a point why when I suggested any teams playing….. you thought I wasn’t answering the question 🤔

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Liverpool - spent five wonderful years living there and loved it - and of course, as a student I was very appreciative that Liverpool had two university students in the team at the time!

These days, my 'support' (or interest, rather) is with the teams where our loanees are playing (providing they're appreciative of them, of course - so that rules out Stoke and Aberdeen!)

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
“Anyone have any teams they are rooting for this season?”
The above is the question asked

Id be interested, up to a point why when I suggested any teams playing….. you thought I wasn’t answering the question 🤔
Definitely a politician in the making, asking a question you already know the answer to.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bradford (Park Avenue). I have a bit of a soft spot for all the ex-League clubs, but Bradford are my special team. Seen them a few times, and I should see them a few more as they always win when I go!

St Pauli for foreign team.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
How about Everton?
Everton too. I have a good story about the Everton team bus in 1966 as it made its way across London after the cup final. Liverpool were the glamour team of the two though and have been far more high profile for most of my footballing life. I'm going to Goodison for the Albion match, probably for the last time. Haven't been for quite a few years.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I’ve always liked Liverpool: the city and its civic buildings, the music, the football, the people. And latterly, as the most realistic obstacle to City. But thought it best not to mention them as some people on here get a bit irrational when the L word crops up.
You'd be hard pressed to find a Liverpool fan with any connections to the city of liverpool

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Charlton and Plymouth like a fair few others.

Then for family reasons, Southampton, Charlton (again), Brentford and West Ham. I don't actually mind Leeds for this reason either, although that one is always funny when they are shite.

I never minded Leeds at all, going back to Lorimer, Madeley, Bremner. A soft spot as one of my grandad’s came from W Yorkshire. Hard to hate Bielsa.

My mild dislike came with tw@ts like Cooper and Ayling, then when some gobshites appeared on nsc (in 2021?). Soon all banned after rubbish trolling.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
For me it would be Willem II.

Dutch side that have produced a good number of young talents, most notably Sami Hyypia, Virgil Van Dijk and Frenkie De Jong.

Randomly picked them as my team in an FM save I did with friends a decade ago and since then have followed them closely.

Hope to get over there for one of their games one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here