Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams you like to see do well

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
After reading the thread about Wednesday and Reading's struggle it got me thinking about teams I am rooting for at the moment across the lower leagues.

Ipswich town.
Good support, a rich history but haven't graced the top flight for over 20 years. I remember their first season back in the early naughties where they incredibly reached Europe only to flop and go back down and not been back since. Happy to see they are in a great position to go up this season.

Preston.
In my mind they've always been a big club but not been in the top flight for over 60 years, I would to see them come up.

Bradford City.
A big conurbation who's fans turn up in numbers but seems like they are constantly rewarded with mediocrity on the pitch. Would love for them to climb the leagues.

Anyone have any teams they are rooting for this season?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ipswich Town…..bollox to them

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 99

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Agree with Ipswich & Preston - would like to see these two historic clubs return to the Premier League.

Always would love to see AFC Wimbledon make it back to the top division... but it's not looking too likely at the moment.

Aside from that, been following Worthing last few seasons... Hinsh is doing a great job. Through to the first round of FA Cup for the first time in decades, and looking good for another possible promotion.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
In no particular order — Shrewsbury, Huddersfield, AFC Wimbledon, Plymouth, Barnsley, and a few more that I’ll not mention. I’ve lived in a lot of different places, including overseas, and have always watched the local teams. I keep tabs on all of them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In no particular order — Shrewsbury, Huddersfield, AFC Wimbledon, Plymouth, Barnsley, and a few more that I’ll not mention. I’ve lived in a lot of different places, including overseas, and have always watched the local teams. I keep tabs on all of them.
Ah overseas teams, I did not they counted.

Detroit City
St Pauli
Frankfurt
Melbourne Victory
USG
Caen FC

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Wycombe Wanderers.

Lived in Wycombe for a few years and my daughter was born there.

They also allowed us to have our "sit it" when we were protesting for Falmer

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Coventry, was at Uni there but also last few years they seem to have gone through similar problems to what we've suffered over the years

This will also be a controversial one, but due to family connections I like to see Portsmouth do well

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Coventry, was at Uni there but also last few years they seem to have gone through similar problems to what we've suffered over the years

This will also be a controversial one, but due to family connections I like to see Portsmouth do well
Not controversial. We all have family connections (several Spurs and Celtic fans in my family, including STH). When much younger, I visited Sheffield regularly for nearly 2 years and my then-girlfriend was a Wednesday fan. Saw them dozens of times but thought it best not to include them on my list. The fact is, as I’ve got older, I find myself really strongly disliking fewer and fewer clubs. Chelsea will always be an exception, and recently, Newcastle. All the others, I can live with.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Crewe, because my mate Joe (RIP) used to go to every game, home and away, every season.
Nantwich Town, because they are only 500 yards down the road, and a good afternoon out.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm such a fan of Hollywood...Salford & Wrexham

USG are genuinely my second team.

Beyond that my interest is in our loan players and seeing them succeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here