Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Benetiz did it to us with Newcastle with the Diame fluke goal

I’m sure Eddie has done it as well

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Burnley, Everton, Newcastle (Brentford?): its almost as if its just the shithouse teams.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don’t understand why every away team who wins the toss doesn’t do it. If the home team want to kick towards their own fans in the second half and you have the opportunity to stop them doing it then why wouldn’t you?
Exactly my thinking. Didn’t do them much good yesterday, though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Teams have every right to do it, if it's their preference!
Of course.

Always surprised that more isn't made of Newcastle's slope though. It's around 6ft from end to end

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I don’t mind the teams doing it but the the mental thing is where they take 3k away fans and swap for 30k home fans, it makes no sense.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I think nowadays the players have grown out of any worries about any consequences whe it happens. Try anything you like type of attitude. It probably used to affect them but there is a completely different way of looking at it now.
UTA

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
So it's happened 24 times in the 287 games at the Amex so far and yes, weirdly, a couple of teams do seem to favour it (Burnley, Leeds and Newcastle 3 times. Only 1 of them winning in those 9 games). Our record is still very good when teams try it even though it just feels wrong when it happens. Of the 23 goals the oppo have scored, only 8 of them have come in the 1st half when kicking towards their own fans, so no big advantage seemingly gained. Curse of the commentator for the next time it happens I'm sure, but we've never lost on a Saturday when it's occurred.:cool:
Here is the record of the times it's happened.

1693816364189.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So it's happened 24 times in the 287 games at the Amex so far and yes, weirdly, a couple of teams do seem to favour it (Burnley, Leeds and Newcastle 3 times. Only 1 of them winning in those 9 games). Our record is still very good when teams try it even though it just feels wrong when it happens. Of the 23 goals the oppo have scored, only 8 of them have come in the 1st half when kicking towards their own fans, so no big advantage seemingly gained. Curse of the commentator for the next time it happens I'm sure, but we've never lost on a Saturday when it's occurred.:cool:

View attachment 165996
Amazing stattage. Take a bow. :bowdown:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Think Bournemouth did it last season as well if I remember Karou's last minute winner in front of the away end correctly, so didn't work then.
That was funny, I was sat in the East stand that day, their fans looked like they had the last bit of wind squeezed out of them, quite funny some of the expressions on their faces, made me chuckle all the way home.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
is there something here about the pre match sprinklers as well? At wolves they definitely seemed to over-water the half they were playing into and not the one they were defending both before the game and at half time.

Not that it did them any good lol

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

View attachment 165996
That's incredible. How did you know this??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

View attachment 165996
There's a lot of shithousery on that list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here