Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teams representing more than one town...

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Redbridge is a borough of London, it gets confusing as Dagenham merged with Redbridge Forest, who originally resulted from a merger between Walthamstow and Ilford. The Redbridge in the FA Cup changed their name to Redbridge a couple of years ago, from Ford United, essentially the works team from the Dagenham factory. Phew.

Thank you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
i dunno if you are just being sarcastic, but it comes from the stanley pub, which is on stanley street which is in accrington

I thought they were sponsored by (Greg) Stanley knives and their pwopper hard boys carried them about in the 70's

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They are still a professional football club though.

I was trying to think of a Scottish club who don't share their name with the place they play, can't remember their name but sure that they play in Fife.

i think thres a few in Scotland. Rangers and Celtic for a start. im sure Greenock Morton pre-pended the town's name only recently. Someone mentioned Hibernian above. Im sure theres no town or place called Queen of the South.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Gravesend and Northfleet who changed their name to Ebbsfleet.

Not sure I am 100% correct but Ebbsfleet is not a current town but the name of a proposed development and the new international Eurostar station,

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Plymouth Argyle.

The Argyle is a bit of a bastardisation,but that's excused if you've been to Plymouth.

Two different countries,too.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Herbert Chapman seized the opportunity to re-locate to Highbury in around 1913, much to the annoyancer of the board of Tottenham Hotspur.

Why would H Chapman relocate Arsenal to highbury whilst he was manager of Leeds City? He had no association with Arsenal till 1925.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Manchester United ? They represent 100s of cities world wide (except Manchester)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Hmmm, my first thought was "does Barnham Seagull understand the question?"

But, yes, I guess they can claim to represent ALL the towns in the county?

That was my thinking that they represent the county of Notts and all those within it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here