Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs QPR

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know it might look a bit overly attacking, but what we've been doing all season clearly isn't working and will not get us the goals to get in the play-offs. For me, tomorrow is a must-win match. If we continue to fail to win home games a gap will soon open up and our season will be over. With so many grim northern away games coming up that I never feel confident about, it is essential we get three points tomorrow. I've watched a lot of QPR this season and they're not very good. Four defenders, Ince to look after Morrison and Stephens to play a withdrawn passing role should be enough cover against a team with no fit strikers in any sort of form. That leaves us with four players (Buckley, March, Lingard and Ulloa) to win us the match. It's not dissimilar to the balance of a lot of the top teams (i.e. Chelsea play our formation with four attacking players in it). I'm fed up of having only two players with any skill or pace that is likely to worry the other team. We should be looking to include four.

I fully agree with all that you have said.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Kuszczak

Cald.
Dunk
Upson
Ward

Andrews.
JFC.
Lopez.
Ince.
Bruno.

Ulloa

Subs: Clown,Buckley, Lua Lua, Stephens, Lingard, March,

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I don't want to see Lopez, I don't want to see Forster-Caskey and I don't want to see Andrews. That goes for tomorrow, Saturday, the rest of the season and all of the time I have left on this planet.

I do want to see Lingard, Stephens, Buckley, Kazenga, March, Ince and Orlandi, so let's choose the midfield from them.

Kuszczak

Bruno
Dunk
Upson
Ward

Stephens
Ince
March

Buckley
Ulloa
Lingard

I'm backing this, with the only possible replacement being Orlandi (if fit) for March. I'd bring on March for second half to pin them back. Absolutely agree with never seeing Lopez again. Please NEVER. He simply lacks the right level of intensity and application for these big games. Maybe last season (Palace and others) - but not this time. Andrews and JFC are worth a place on the bench, but neither has shown enough in recent weeks to warrant a starting place.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'm backing this, with the only possible replacement being Orlandi (if fit) for March. I'd bring on March for second half to pin them back. Absolutely agree with never seeing Lopez again. Please NEVER. He simply lacks the right level of intensity and application for these big games. Maybe last season (Palace and others) - but not this time. Andrews and JFC are worth a place on the bench, but neither has shown enough in recent weeks to warrant a starting place.

Lopez has actually preformed well in the 'big games'. Leicester and Hull being prime examples. I agree we need to try another approach though. March / Orlandi instead of Dave seems the most likely.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
What i'd like:

_____________________Tomas
Bruno..............Dunk....................Upson.......................Ward

____________Andrews.........Ince.............Lingard

_____________March...............Ulloa..............Buckley

What Oscar will probably do:

...............................Casper (give Tomas a rest)
...........................Bruno Calde Andrews Ince Upson Dunk Ward
----------------------------Lopez JFC Stephens

----------------------------------- Ulloa

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't want to see Lopez, I don't want to see Forster-Caskey and I don't want to see Andrews. That goes for tomorrow, Saturday, the rest of the season and all of the time I have left on this planet.

I do want to see Lingard, Stephens, Buckley, Kazenga, March, Ince and Orlandi, so let's choose the midfield from them.

Kuszczak

Bruno
Dunk
Upson
Ward

Stephens
Ince
March

Buckley
Ulloa
Lingard

I would love to see this line up but expect to get to the match and my enthusiasm be immediately dampened when I see another defensive line up picked by Oscar.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Kusz

Bruno
Dunk
Upson
Ward

Ince

Buckley
Stephens (been passed fit)
March

Lingard
Ulloa

===

Is how I'd go. Kaz to come on if needed.

What I THINK Oscar will do - the same as above except Andrews in for one of Buckley or March.

Good choice but I think you are right in saying OG will play Andrews for March as defensive insurance. Is Stephens defo ok then? Thought he was doubtful.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
As long as we set up with pace and dont start with Lopez or Andrews then I am happy.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven

Kuszczak
Calderon - Dunk - Upson - Ward
Lopez - Ince
Buckley - Lingard - March
Ulloa

Subs
Brezovan, Chicksen, Bruno, JFC, LuaLua, Rodriguez, Obika

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I know it might look a bit overly attacking, but what we've been doing all season clearly isn't working and will not get us the goals to get in the play-offs. For me, tomorrow is a must-win match. If we continue to fail to win home games a gap will soon open up and our season will be over. With so many grim northern away games coming up that I never feel confident about, it is essential we get three points tomorrow. I've watched a lot of QPR this season and they're not very good. Four defenders, Ince to look after Morrison and Stephens to play a withdrawn passing role should be enough cover against a team with no fit strikers in any sort of form. That leaves us with four players (Buckley, March, Lingard and Ulloa) to win us the match. It's not dissimilar to the balance of a lot of the top teams (i.e. Chelsea play our formation with four attacking players in it). I'm fed up of having only two players with any skill or pace that is likely to worry the other team. We should be looking to include four.

Absolutely this.

Too many dropped points at home will cost us.

Back five picks itself, then

Ince
Stephens

March or if fit Orlandi.
Buckley
Lingard

Ulloa

IF Spanish Dave has to play put him in central midfield in front of Stephens and Ince, not out wide.

Then Two from Buckley, Lingard, Orlandi and March.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Thirteen games to go, we're not going to get relegated, so wouldn't it be nice to see an attacking team tomorrow? Instead of three wingers on the bench, play one or even two of them from the start and maybe, just maybe, two up front. Who knows, we might even score two goals. The club needs to be looking ahead to next season and potential season ticket sales. Based on what we've had to endure recently they won't be in great demand!
How about? PIG,
Bruno, Dunk, Upson, Ward
Buckley, Ince, Stephens, March
Lingard, Ulloa

Subs- Brezovan, Calderon, Lopez, Rodriguez, Andrews, Lua-Lua, Obika
At least we might attack with that line-up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here