Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Oxford

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
He did nothing wrong on either goal

I was right behind the goal , and the first goal was terrible goalkeeping ,should never score direct from where the free kick was taken from.
I thought he looked shaky against Forest as well , espically when dealing with crosses .
Should of kept the Finn in goal looked very assured when he played last week

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The first goal should never have gone in from that angle. Really poor.

The 2nd was poor defending but still could have saved it if positioned better.

The first goal was poor defending but Stockdale was mainly at fault but to say he could have done anything about the second is ridiculously harsh. It was never a foul but we turned off defensively.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was right behind the goal , and the first goal was terrible goalkeeping ,should never score direct from where the free kick was taken from.
I thought he looked shaky against Forest as well , espically when dealing with crosses .

You have been waiting to criticise Stockdale for age, haven't you? I remember your constant harsh criticisms of Stockdale in his first season. You must have been gutted that he was so good last season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maenpaa

Hunt
White
Hunemeier
Adekugbe

Murphy
Norwood
Ince
LuaLua

Baldock
Elvis

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The first goal was poor defending but Stockdale was mainly at fault but to say he could have done anything about the second is ridiculously harsh. It was never a foul but we turned off defensively.

As I said, the 2nd goal was mainly on Bong and the failure to close down McShane but if you watch the replay Stockdale gets his legs tangled and could have got a lot closer if his positioning was better.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

But he didn't score direct ?

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Think Holla will play with Norwood. Lua Lua is a deffo as is Manu. Defence picks itself or at least the ones who will not play pick themselves if that makes sense. Only question marks are goalkeeper, winger and striker.

How did Murphy do on saturday? If good then maybe he will start at Newcastle.
I reckon front six will be:
LuaLua Norwood Holla Murphy
Manu Baldock

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am beginning to like Baldock. As long as he is not the out and out striker. He seems to have gained a yard of pace from last season.

I would tempted to partner him with Hemed for this game. Then who to leave out, Manu or Ince? Still no place for Holla?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Not taking this competition seriously then - as usual.

Please feel free to bounce in the unlikely event of a win................................

That's a good mix of fringe first team players, with a slight bit of experience, and some youth for good measure! Should be an interesting match tonight :)
Did Stephens make the bench? :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here