Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Oxford

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Wouldnt expect to see Maenpaa as he will be needed Saturday more likely to start with Ankergren I think that either NM or DS will be on the bench.

Maenpaa played in the last game against Colchester, so I can't see why he wouldn't play tomorrow. Half the team you named will be needed on the bench Saturday.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So I reckon the team will be:

Maenpaa
Hunt White BFG Adekugbe
Murphy Norwood Ince Lua Lua
Baldock Manu

Although if BFG is playing tomorrow, does that rule him out for Sat? Or is he fit enough to play two games in quick succession after being out for so long out?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Maenpaa
Hunt White BFG Adekugbe
Baldock Manu

Although if BFG is playing tomorrow, does that rule him out for Sat? Or is he fit enough to play two games in quick succession after being out for so long out?
That looks like the selection.

I assume Danny Holla will be helicoptering between teams in the Netherlands this week trying to arrange his exit move.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Maenpaa
Hunt White BFG Adekugbe
Baldock Manu

BFG will play an hour, then Ince will drop in to CB.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Hemed start, again with the aim of withdrawing him after an hour.

Looking forward to a new ground!

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I think we should start Stockdale. He had a shocker at Reading and need match sharpness, if he drops another clanger Maenpaa in for Newcastle.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think we should start Stockdale. He had a shocker at Reading and need match sharpness, if he drops another clanger Maenpaa in for Newcastle.

Other than one miss kick what did he do wrong?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Maenpaa
Hunt-White-Hunemeier-Adekugbe
Murphy-Ince-Norwood-Lualua
Hemed-Manu

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The first goal should never have gone in from that angle. Really poor.

The 2nd was poor defending but still could have saved it if positioned better.

He did nothing wrong on either goal

I only saw it on the Ch 5 show and thought that and obviously I wasnt the only one. I have spoken with my sons who both went Saturday and they agreed the 1st goal was ridiculous he shouldnt have been caught out by that free kick and the 2nd was Bongs fault but he could have been positioned better in case.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I only saw it on the Ch 5 show and thought that and obviously I wasnt the only one. I have spoken with my sons who both went Saturday and they agreed the 1st goal was ridiculous he shouldnt have been caught out by that free kick and the 2nd was Bongs fault but he could have been positioned better in case.
If the first goal didn't take a deflection then it was poor goalkeeping. If it did take even the smallest deflection off a defender then there was little he could do. Can't blame him for the 2nd. Should have done better to stop the cross and had someone closer to McShane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here