Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Derby

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If Crofts was fit I would sacrifice a winger (Murphy) to give us a more combative midfield.
I could make a case for JFC on the same basis (he was on top form on loan at MKD after all).
The alternative of using VLP's pace to stop their fullback getting forward is a good option.
Just depends how Chris feels more comfortable and how he thinks Derby will respond to seeing Charlton rip our defence a new one :lolol: You would normally expect them to adopt a fairly measured approach but if they go for the jugular from the outset then Van La Parra's pace ahead of Murphy could be a useful weapon.

For me, Derby and more specifically Chris Martin have always caused us problems defensively in the past couple of seasons. I don't expect that to change on Saturday. So for me, instead of sacrificing a winger and playing Crofts/Ince to cover for Calde I'd use VLP to try and prevent their right back making overlapping runs. I think we have the attacking force this time to hurt Derby in the 4-4-2 system and think sacrificing a winger would be too defensive, if we went a goal down we would struggle to get back in the game. It's an interesting conundrum for Hughton

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Not sure why everyone (myself included) is so worried about this one. They are the home side and the pressure is on them to make up the ground...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agreed but I wish there was an alternative to Calderon.

cg229-2638378_231x264.jpg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Completely depends on who is fit but I think given the choice CH will go for a more combative midfield with Murphy dropping to bench and Crofts/Ince coming in but guess they not fit so team probably picks itself. I think he will continue with Dunk.

I agree. From Hughton's post match comments, it is clear he meant to do that at Burnley but then lost Crofts and Ince quite late on to injury/illness so had to change. I imagine he will do that again.

We're going to need to manage Zamora next week too. Realistically he won't start three games in eight days so I'd be tempted to rest him at Derby and start him against QPR as I'm sure he'd be keen to score there. Also, with Hemed having got his goal now, I'm hopeful he'll go on a run again and there's plenty of pace with Wilson and March either side of him.

Defensively, I'd be tempted to bring in Hunnemeier for Dunk to make us a bit more solid.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I agree. From Hughton's post match comments, it is clear he meant to do that at Burnley but then lost Crofts and Ince quite late on to injury/illness so had to change. I imagine he will do that again.

We're going to need to manage Zamora next week too. Realistically he won't start three games in eight days so I'd be tempted to rest him at Derby and start him against QPR as I'm sure he'd be keen to score there. Also, with Hemed having got his goal now, I'm hopeful he'll go on a run again and there's plenty of pace with Wilson and March either side of him.

Defensively, I'd be tempted to bring in Hunnemeier for Dunk to make us a bit more solid.

Yeah I'd agree with all of that.

Uwe in for Dunk
Crofts in for Murphy
Hemed in for BZ

= Nil Nil

= still unbeaten

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forest fans, AMEX, opening day :

'He made the sheep cry, he made the sheep cry, Bobby Zamora, he made the sheep cry'.

More of the same please, another last minute Zamora winner.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

If we are going to change at the back I would rather Uwe for Greer seen as its Martin they are up against. Our 2 best headers and strongest defenders are Dunk and Uwe

Cant see him messing around with the defence anymore than he has too though, think it will be the same side, maybe Crofts for Murphy if fit.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Derby's wingers have not been producing so far this season and most of their play is started with Thorne in midfield, if we give him time he will ruin us, if we don't give him time on the ball them we are half way there. Stick to our own game plan is what i would do but keeping Thorne quiet is a must.

I reckon we will go and get a result there. March is going to rip then a new one and you no Bobby is going to score and i fancy Hemed to get another as well, i've not even mentioned Wilson, Kayal, Stephens, Bruno.

I say F*ck Derby, they need yo be prepared for us.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I don't think Calderon offers much anymore sadly, he wasn't actually tested at all on Saturday as all Charlton's play came down the left, but simply don't think he will be able to cope with the pace of Ince/Weimann. I would start Chicksen and make sure whoever plays LW for us doubles up to help him. Chicksen can also carry the ball forwards, whereas Calde, on the left anyway, can only seem to play the ball back inside ti Dunk. Difficult to call as to whether we should continue with the 4-4-2 or perhaps be more conservative, glad I'm not in charge but would opt for the latter:

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Chicksen
Stephens Ince Kayal
Wilson Zamora March​

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
In their last 5 they've lost 1 (Forest) and drawn 1 (Wed) and only scored in 3 of those 5 games.

They don't always score and they can be beaten. As top of the league we should be going there looking to exploit that. We've played plenty of matches this year against teams who were ment to end our unbeaten run but none have succeeded. We should play our own way and to our strengths and put Derby to the test.

They play with 2 strong strikers who are a handful similar to Hemed, but I'm confident we can keep them quiet and take a draw or maybe sneak a win

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Calderon
March Kayal Stephens Murphy
Hemed Wilson

Subs: Maenpaa Chicksen Uwe VLP Crofts Manu Zamora

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Look at it as 3 tough games in 8 days so the pack will have to be shuffled a bit differently to keep players fresh.

CH said TH was rested on Sat, so he will be back, possibly BZ will start at QPR.

Wilson did enough to be picked from start, probably in all 3 games.

Worried about Calde but seem to recall CH implying he would get a run of games after Brum. Again can see Chicksen getting a run v QPR.

Hun will get a start over 3 games, GG will miss at least one, agree with posters here that say Hun better bet for Derby.

It is then down to Kayal, Stephens, March plus one. Problem with Crofts or Ince starting is that it takes width away with 3 central midfielders. Ok at end of games to hang on to leads but not from start. Think CH will go with VLP from start in at least one of the games, likely to be him or Murphy. Crofts/Ince option more likely against QPR if Kayal/Stephens needs rest.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Of all the months to not have Rosenior available, now is very much the worst case scenario.

Irrespective as the where he'd play, I'd feel so much happier if he were on the pitch.

Since the transfer window shut your posts have been a revelation welcome back.

Very much agreed. Hopefully though we can cope without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here