Ince

March
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Wilson

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How about sticking with The Unbeatables?

Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - Calderon
March - Stephens - Kayal - Murphy
Wilson - Zamora​

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
What about playing either Uwe or Lewis Dunk at left-back? They both appear to be mobile enough and can pass the ball, both look to be more mobile than Calderon.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't get all this suicide rubbish playing 4-4-2...This is our system that has made us unbeaten and trying a new formation is suicide in my opinion.
We have pace and creativity and I hope CH continues with his winning mentality and formation rather than a poyet type approach that will more than likely blow up for sure.

This is our system and this is how we play and we look to score from the 1st minute end of....forget derbies game plan and to be fair they look quiet lethargic and slow at times.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No need to change, although you could go with Hemed and Wilson with Bobby coming off the bench. But wouldn't change anything if I am honest.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Uwe
Calderon

March
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Hemed
Wilson

no reason to change the 4-4-2 that has worked so well. Only changes I would make is Uwe in for Dunk who makes far too many mistakes and I fear will cost us the game (Uwe and Greer are better, so should both play ahead of him IMO) and Hemed for Bobby, think we need Bobby off the bench this time, especially after a tough 102 minutes on Saturday. Would be tempted to start VLP ahead of Murphy too but would rather keep Solly on the right with the form he's in and not sure if VLP plays on the left so stick with Murphy.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
No worries people Chris will sort it out for Saturday it is Derby who should be worrying!

1e73c0ec733c1b879d3f2e4928bbebca.jpg Wilson to score!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Being reported by DCFC that Scott Carson (GK shortlisted for Champ November Player of the Month) has not trained all week and will not be available, so Lee Grant likely to continue in goal.

PG

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Being reported by DCFC that Scott Carson (GK shortlisted for Champ November Player of the Month) has not trained all week and will not be available, so Lee Grant likely to continue in goal.

PG

Bit of a shame, looks very average to me, Camp much better IMO,

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'd play Chicksen LB for the simple reason he's a natural LB with pace and Calde, as much as I love him, is a RB without pace. Ince will crucify him. Whoever plays LW will need to work hard to help out defensively down that flank, whoever plays there.

I'd probably leave it unchanged for the rest of the team - using Wilson's pace (along with March & Murphy) to stretch Derby down the flanks and in behind, creating pockets of space for Bobby & the midfield.

Would be understandable if CH went 451 with Crofts/Ince in for Wilson, but it'd be a negative move and this season he's generally made some brave selections. We're worrying about them because of our lack of depth at full back - but let them worry about us too going forward. The best form of defence is attack.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd play Chicksen LB for the simple reason he's a natural LB with pace and Calde, as much as I love him, is a RB without pace. Ince will crucify him. Whoever plays LW will need to work hard to help out defensively down that flank, whoever plays there.

I'd probably leave it unchanged for the rest of the team - using Wilson's pace (along with March & Murphy) to stretch Derby down the flanks and in behind, creating pockets of space for Bobby & the midfield.

Would be understandable if CH went 451 with Crofts/Ince in for Wilson, but it'd be a negative move and this season he's generally made some brave selections. We're worrying about them because of our lack of depth at full back - but let them worry about us too going forward. The best form of defence is attack.
Ince is useless at the moment. Calderon won't let us down.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Derby have Thorne, Butterfield (or Bryson) and B Johnson in midfield. All right foooters (not checked).

Anyone think with just Kayal and Stephens as central midfield we would get outnumbered?

This is compounded by having a right footer at left back who would tend to pass inside to the midfield rather than down the line?

We could move the ball more quickly and be expansive with Kayal probably a bit quicker than the Derby three (negated if Bryson plays) but could we keep this up for the whole game?

Normally, I woud play this one with one winger and an extra midfielder, but without an overlapping left back, this might not work.

Top of the table and Derby should do the worrying, but our injury situation and our record against Derby (w/o a left back and even with a left back last season) says that to replace Jamie Murphy with a midfielder could be prudent? The choice is the out of match practice Rohan Ince or the lightweight but left footed Forster-Caskey as Crofts won't be match fit if he is fit enough to play at all.

Will CH think outside the box? One alternative is to put Bruno in midfield and the unknown Goldson at right back. Alas, Bruno would be missed at right back.

I think there will be changes but still with four a the back. Hemed and Wilson could start together and Bobby Z could be scheduled to come on at 66 minutes.

In the home match last season we sacrificed the midfield. I wasn't too happy about that, but we won.

The Derby danger is predicted to come from Christie overlapping at right back. Russell may be prefered by them to Tom Ince. Tom Ince is left footed (to check) so if he plays on the right will be inverted and will cut inside to shoot, or pass from deeper. This means our left back (on his right foot) would not be so compromised when defending only when passing out of defence.

I wish the match was on TV as the commentary is not going to give us much of a clue, although WA does quite well.

Checked: Tom Ince is strongly left footed as is Johnny Russell.

Who Scored have Derby down as Very Strong down the wings.

This left footed bias means we might very get away with it if we can prevent Christie overlapping, say by playing Solly March on the left wing ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here