Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Burnley

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I cant understand people putting Liam at right midfield, and I am a great admirer of him playing there, we need to get at them from the off not let them take the lead and then bring him on to stem any fight back.

I'm sure you spent about a month telling us all how he should never play left back as was needed right midfied?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I cant understand people putting Liam at right midfield, and I am a great admirer of him playing there, we need to get at them from the off not let them take the lead and then bring him on to stem any fight back.

Then I can't understand you wanting to drop him for bong ?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I can see that getting Bong back as LB and having Liam as potential RM is a great option especially for when we need to set up as a more solid formation in away games or tough home games such as Burnley. However, I can't see CH putting Bong back in, first game after injury, against Burnley who would pose a real threat to him. Yes, lets get him back in but not for a crucial game when he may not be up to the pace of such an intense game.
For me, Baldock and Hemed up front with Knockaert as RM. Let them worry about our formation, not the other way around. Wilson to come on to replace a tiring Baldock or Hemed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm sure you spent about a month telling us all how he should never play left back as was needed right midfied?

Then I can't understand you wanting to drop him for bong ?

Bong is without doubt the best left back at the club so if fit shoiuld play. LR is a very good defensive right sided midfield player and will be a must away at Birmingham but at home to Burnley we need to take the game to them and attack them. Then keep LR to bring on to shore up 3 points. replacing perhaps Knockhaert or Murphy

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Rosenior has been immense at left back, bong has played half a dozen games for us, and during that time we conceded way more goals than when Liam is at left back....

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Rosenior has been immense at left back, bong has played half a dozen games for us, and during that time we conceded way more goals than when Liam is at left back....

Bong played more than 6 games and was part of our great form at the start of the season. I don't remember it being the way you describe. Do you have the stats to back up your view?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think if Bong is fit, match fit then he should play. He offers more going forward and if we want to win this league this is a game that we probably need to win. both have a part to play in the rest of the season. I feel more than I have facts to support, that we are better placed than at any time this season, t hat we have a squad mostly fit, options and good ones at that in most areas of the pitch and that some at least of our rivals are starting to wilt under the pressure...

This will probably be a prelude to 6 defeats in a row now..:clap:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bong played more than 6 games and was part of our great form at the start of the season. I don't remember it being the way you describe. Do you have the stats to back up your view?

Unbeaten w/ Bong starting

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 22.34.28.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 08.47.53.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 21.34.54.png

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Are you sure?

Adequate, got away with it was my analysis.

I would pick him as right midfield. Left full back and it is a disaster waiting to happen.

CH knows the full back role, so we can trust him.

But Rosenoir against Birmingham away and he would be in for a torrid time. That's a tricky fixture even if Bong plays.

Burnley away, and do Arfield and Boyd play on the left or right?

It makes a bit weird for the opposition,. Confident that now winger in the world would get past Bruno, the opposition will attack on the right.

Last edited:

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong

Murphy
Kayal
Stephens
Rosenior

Hemed
Baldock

Came up with this lineup as I'm not sure how fast is Michael Keane (he's only 22), but Ben Mee should be quite tough to get past.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could happily go with a few of the variations on here, sure CH and team will set us up right. Great to have the choice between strong options in many positions.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Are you sure?

I would pick him as right midfield. Left full back and it is a disaster waiting to happen.

But Rosenoir against Birmingham away and he would be in for a torrid time. That's a tricky fixture even if Bong plays.

It makes a bit weird for the opposition,. Confident that now winger in the world would get past Bruno, the opposition will attack on the right.[/QUOT

Honestly... you think Rosenior has just been " adequate "......?

We have not lost a game since his return to left back and conceded 1 goal from a set peice in 6 games.... literally what more can the man do ?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Are you sure?

It makes a bit weird for the opposition,. Confident that now winger in the world would get past Bruno, the opposition will attack on the right.[/QUOT

Honestly... you think Rosenior has just been " adequate "......?

We have not lost a game since his return to left back and conceded 1 goal from a set peice in 6 games.... literally what more can the man do ?

Laughable, isn't it?

Liam has been fantastic at left back since his return.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Stockdale
Bruno-Dunk-Goldson-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Murphy
Hemed-Baldock​

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bong played 13 league games before injury. We conceded 10 goals in that time, in my opinion an outstanding effort by the defence and team at the time there is no doubting that.

Since Liams recall following injury we have conceded 1 goal in 6 games...

Just baffles me how people can even question his ability as a left back, its no suprise to me his return has coincided with our return to form as a side.

I see the merits of bringing Bong back in i really do, escpecially against a side like Burnley to give us a bit more stability in midfield with Liam and I would do it for this 1 game..
As much as changing the back 4 currently is a bad idea...

But the suggestion to just remove Liam form the side and put him on the bench is laughable given his performances since his return.

Would people drop Hemed currently if we had a better striker retuning from injury who has not played for months given Hemeds form ?...... NO !

You simply have to reward those players that are playing well by picking them otherwise what is the point, you earn the position in the side and until a time as you either need a rest or your form drops you keep it.

Neither of which apply to Rosenior.

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Bong played 13 league games before injury. We conceded 10 goals in that time, in my opinion an outstanding effort by the defence and team at the time there is no doubting that.

Since Liams recall following injury we have conceded 1 goal in 6 games...

Just baffles me how people can even question his ability as a left back, its no suprise to me his return has coincided with our return to form as a side.

I see the merits of bringing Bong back in i really do, escpecially against a side like Burnley to give us a bit more stability in midfield and I would do it for this 1 game..

But the suggestion to just remove Liam form the side and put him on the bench is laughable given his performances since his return.

Would people drop Hemed currently if we had a better striker retuning from injury who has not played for months given Hemeds form ?...... NO !

Can't argue with any of that...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The more I think about it the more i hate the idea of changing the back 4 even for 1 game they are performing so well.

We are literally nailed on to get a play off spot, lets just go for it, keep the performing back 4 in place and play 2 natural wingers, now is the time to be brave.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Hemed
Wilson

Subs :
Maenpaa
Bong
Greer
Sidwell
Lua Lua
Skalak
Zamora

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I know the game is still a fair bit of time away, but would be interested to hear peoples views.

We've struggled to get wins against the top sides this season, with Hull (H) and Ipswich (A) our only victories against the top 8. Having said that we have only lost to Middlesbrough (H), Ipswich (H) (both injury ridden) and Cardiff (A). For me, it's a careful balancing act, it's a game which we can't afford to lose (imo) but a win would give us a huge boost for the rest of the season.

I would go with a somewhat defensive starting line up of..

------------------------Stockdale----------------------------

Bruno-----------Dunk-----------Goldson-----------Bong

Rosenior-------Kayal---------Stephens----------Murphy

------------------Hemed--------Baldock---------------------

But with the likes of Wilson, LuaLua, Knockaert, Skalak on the bench we could change things up.
Also the team I would go with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here