Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Burnley

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Get you with all your fancy accents and things!

No fancy accents in the starting XI.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959018

Dunk, Bong and Rosenoir are crucial.

Vokes is very good in the air and Andre Gray is quick. Bong will be our only left footer.

A litle bit dubious of putting Lualua in a fulcrum position behind Hemed. Zamora, Skalák, Wilson, Baldock, Knockaert could do as well? All have their plusses and minuses. Lualua or Skalák for me.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I bet none of you can guess the Burnley team. :lolol:

Heaton
Darikwa, Mee, Keane, S Ward
Boyd, D Jones, Barton, Arfield
Vokes Gray​

Subs: Robinson, Tarkowski, Lowton, Kightly, Hennings (or Jutkiewicz?), Taylor? Marney?

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale

Bruno
Bong ( although I really really do not want to change the back 4 )
Dunk
Goldson

Rosenior
Kayal
Stephens
Knockaert

Wilson
Hemed

Jan 10, 2014
Heaton
Darikwa, Duff, Keane, S Ward
Boyd, D Jones, Barton, Arfield
Vokes Gray​

Mee ???

No the team will be the same as it has been for the last three months, bar two games where Keane thought it was 1996 with concussion.

Heaton
Lowton
Keane
Mee
Ward
Barton
Jones
Boyd
Arfield
Vokes
Gray

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No the team will be the same as it has been for the last three months, bar two games where Keane thought it was 1996 with concussion.

Heaton
Lowton
Keane
Mee
Ward
Barton
Jones
Boyd
Arfield
Vokes
Gray

I got the exact team eventually (except I had Lowton on the bench). Not sure about the subs?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant understand people putting Liam at right midfield, and I am a great admirer of him playing there, we need to get at them from the off not let them take the lead and then bring him on to stem any fight back.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno Goldson Dunk Rosenior
Knockaert Stephens Kayal Murphy
Hemed Wilson​

Subs
Maenpaa, Greer, Bong, Sidwell, LuaLua, Skalak, Zamora

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Like for like comparison

Heaton v Stockdale
Lowton v Bruno
Keane v Goldson
Mee v Dunk
Ward v Bong
Barton v Stephens
Jones v Kayal
Boyd v Murphy
Arfield v Rosenoir
Vokes v Hemed (Both have 40% chance of goal in 90 minutes)
Gray v Baldock/Zamora or another (Gray & Zamora have 70% chance of goal in 90 minutes) Lualua 40%, Baldock 20%, Wilson 40%.

NB; Boyd is left-footed and Arfield right footed although they swop wings.

So Boyd v Knockaert, Arfield v Murphy matches better.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I cant understand people putting Liam at right midfield, and I am a great admirer of him playing there, we need to get at them from the off not let them take the lead and then bring him on to stem any fight back.

I see your point. But substitutes take time to get up to the pace of the game, and it is easier to pull Rosenoir back then disrupting the rythmn of the game by making changes.

The partner to Hemed has the job of getting at them. Who is his best partner (against the better sides)? All have plusses and minuses. I think Lualua has the best chance of getting at them from the off.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I know the game is still a fair bit of time away, but would be interested to hear peoples views.

We've struggled to get wins against the top sides this season, with Hull (H) and Ipswich (A) our only victories against the top 8. Having said that we have only lost to Middlesbrough (H), Ipswich (H) (both injury ridden) and Cardiff (A). For me, it's a careful balancing act, it's a game which we can't afford to lose (imo) but a win would give us a huge boost for the rest of the season.

I would go with a somewhat defensive starting line up of..

------------------------Stockdale----------------------------

Bruno-----------Dunk-----------Goldson-----------Bong

Rosenior-------Kayal---------Stephens----------Murphy

------------------Hemed--------Baldock---------------------

But with the likes of Wilson, LuaLua, Knockaert, Skalak on the bench we could change things up.

This is what I'm expecting the line up to be

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Skalak? I want to like him, I really do. He's a Czech full international FFS, and shows signs of flairtastic-ness. However, other than the cross for Hemed's goal, which was sublime, I've seen very little that's really impressed me. He's also a straight red card waiting to happen - he's pretty volatile.

He will come good ! Give him time to settle, could come good just at the right time. Would love it if he scored the winner at Boro to send us to the prem ! Cult hero in the making !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here