Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team to play Brentford

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
last few games he has looked poor IMO, give forster a chance (our top goalscorer that is..)

Mate come on, you've never liked him. Is it because of what happened at Brentford?

For me he's worked his arse off the last few games in a very tough role with little to no support. Done very well. Start him and Forster together up top and watch the goals flow.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The 4-5-1 was a great breakthrough for us on the road, but it does not work at home for two reasons:

1. Visiting teams set themselves up differently, in this case specifically to address the Lua Lua & Bennett threat - these two blokes are no longer new news, smart managers set themselves up to close out their space and their threat.

2. Quite simply, Withdean is a narrow pitch, and closing out their space to operate is therefore much easier.

So, their threat is limited, and they become a dual luxury we can't afford in that situation.

442 at home, 451 on the road.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
During MA first spell as manager teams came to Withdean hoping for a point now they come expecting 3 and are disappointed not to get them. The fear of the unknown has gone.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
No goals scored in the last two games & we are playing one of the meanest teams tonight in defence.

Play the same system and it will only be 0-0 at best.

4-4-2 please Gus.

Forster & the new boy up front.
Murray on the bench.

Can't agree.

Murray has not been lacking in effort or skill in the last few games - just support.

Murray and Forster up front in a 4-4-2 for me.

Can't agree.

Murray has not been lacking in effort or skill in the last few games - just support.

Murray and Forster up front in a 4-4-2 for me.

I would certainly start with Forster plus 1. Murray has been too light weight by himself and the refs are wising up to his antics of falling over too easily which is costing him when he is actually fouled.

I don't see a problem with giving him a rest and this would then be a major incentive to the other 2 to come up with the goods - it's about time someone up front did

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I would certainly start with Forster plus 1. Murray has been too light weight by himself and the refs are wising up to his antics of falling over too easily which is costing him when he is actually fouled.

I don't see a problem with giving him a rest and this would then be a major incentive to the other 2 to come up with the goods - it's about time someone up front did

I don't strongly disgaree with that but I think Murray should be given at least this chance with someone upfront with him. If that doesn't work then fine, 'rest' him.

I agree about his falling over but it works both ways and he has been given little protection by refs in recent games.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I'd accommodate Forster by resting Bennett - his form has dropped off lately. Calderon can still give us some attacking options on the right. The rest of the team as before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here