Team GB WILL Compete In Football At London 2012.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
can we take it as read that whatever team TEAM GB put out will be a bit shit and we'll be better off watching the archery?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I heard Gus was interested in managing.........

I reckon the Welsh, Scottish and NI FA's are going to have a hard time convincing players not to play. They won't be allowed to punish them for competing and the exposure they'll get from being part of the team will be worth millions to them.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Robbie Keane? just a though but someone who can actually score a goal =/

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Scotland have some good youngsters coming through Tom Cairney, Leigh Griffiths, James Forrest & Chris Maguire could all potentially be included.
Wales have Bale, Ramsey, Gunter, Matthews who are all good players, Hodson of Watford & perhaps McQuoid look like the only Northern Ireland players i'd consider.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Scotland have some good youngsters coming through Tom Cairney, Leigh Griffiths, James Forrest & Chris Maguire could all potentially be included.
Wales have Bale, Ramsey, Gunter, Matthews who are all good players, Hodson of Watford & perhaps McQuoid look like the only Northern Ireland players i'd consider.

I've never heard of Tom Cairney but I don't think the Scotland Under 21s are much worse than the England Under 21s. Jordan Henderson, £20m my arse.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
great_britain_2_20110621_1775568227.png

great_britain_20110621_1497784734.png

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
To be honest, it will be good to get some of the Welsh/Scots into the mix after the piss-poor bottle job at the U21 Champs. Might get a bit more humility in the camp, where the main topic of conversation (or sign language) is who has the most Ferraris or who has/hasnt shagged Imogen Thomas.

Oh and Walter Smith will be in charge, trust me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports