Team GB WILL Compete In Football At London 2012.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Agreement has been reached for players from England, Scotland, Wales and NI to be eligible.

18 player squad, 15 u23s and 3 over 23s permitted. :thumbsup:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm quite excited about this, despite our dire international team. It should be interesting, were all the tickets sold out for this event?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm quite excited about this, despite our dire international team. It should be interesting, were all the tickets sold out for this event?

I seem to recall reading that football was one of the sports which still had tickets available in the ballot for those who got sod all the first time around.

From what I remember there are tons of tickets still available for all the games bar the mens final at wembley.

Glad they have finally seen sense, as now the usual England flops can be backed up by the likes of Bale!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
According to the Torygraph last week..........

In the meantime, unlucky applicants for the first ballot will have the chance to buy some of the 2.3m tickets to be offered from June 24 on a first come, first served basis. Of these, 1.7m are for football events.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Looking forward to this one, hope they play in all white, or maybe blue shorts, and have 3 lions on there shirt.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How on Earth can they make the decision at this late stage, given that all the games are already timetabled in and a number of tickets sold. Does this mean they'll kick another team out of the competition?

Who will be the manager?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Have they said what the quota of nations will be? As in does it have to be split evenly between the nations who make up team GB? Or a minimum of, for arguments sake, 2 from each country?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't think anyone asked the Scottish FA though!

Scottish Football Association president George Peat told the Press Association: "I am absolutely astounded that they have put out this statement. I know nothing about any such agreement and we want nothing to do with this tournament."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given that the Olympic football tournament runs from 25th July to the 11th August, how many clubs / managers are going to want their players tied up with this throughout a large chunk of their pre-season, given that its ALSO coming straight off the back of the European Championship Finals ? The start of the 2012-13 season is on 18th August, so that'll give them a week back with their clubs before it all starts again.

Looks like some players won't be getting a summer break at all after this season. Wenger is going to throw an eppy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Any thoughts on Manager.

I would really like Sir Alex with Pearce as his number 2

i think he said he'd do it if asked too.

Dont expect a first class team put out, with the Euro 2012 the month before and new season a few weeks later, it'll kids and stiffs.

So Beckham is sure to play...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports