Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Sheffield United (if there's anyone still fit)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Verbruggen

Veltman van Hecke Webster Igor

Baleba Hinshelwood

Buonanotte Lallana Barrington/Baker-Boaitey

Ferguson

Adingra, Fati, Pedro, Mitoma and Gross need a rest after Thursday, but would have to be on the bench. Probably too early to start Moder. Shame we can't play both goalkeepers ...
I think Hinshelwood deserves another go,... at Villa he was exposed by a general team malfunction... but to me, his touch looked good, I think he is a prospect.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Steele

Veltman van Hecke Webster Igor

Baleba Dahoud

Buonanotte Fati Mitoma

Ferguson
I think it'll be something like this, though I really think Mitoma could use a break.

We are down to the bare bones as a dodgy, jowly old pr|ck might say

Badger Bum

Jan 29, 2016
I’m not sure we can rest too many, to be honest. Some of them are 20/21 years old. Stick them an ice tub for a couple of days, they’ll be fine.

Against Fulham it looked a bit like we had 3 at the back. We could see a repeat of that.

Steele

JPVH
Webster
Igor

Gross
Gilmour
Baleba
Mitoma
Lallana

Ferguson
Buonenotte

I have no idea how this works in practice, but that’s not my problem. I liked seeing Buonenotte through the middle more than out wide, he seems to play with more purpose there.
This …. definitely play Buonenotte through the middle

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not played left back since my days in Lewes League Division 12 forty years ago, but I'm willing to give it a go :thumbsup:

*EDIT* Wages might be a problem tho
Have we ever seen something like the following injury update?

Injuries:
Dunk (Groin), Pedro (Thigh), THPP (Gout), Mellotron (Gout, Possible Kidney Stones)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
From the BBC predictions - would be justice for the Prosser the Tosser match against this lot in Steve Coppell's first game (not that I hold a grudge, obviously).

Screenshot_20231110_160311_BBC Sport.jpg

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Please don't play Buonanotte - Sheff Utd too physical for him.
I see what you mean but we really don't have enough with the 3 further injuries. He might be good to get us a penalty or two with his pace against their more, shall we say, robust approach!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Have a look around the staff, the offices, hospitality etc. and play whoever we find. What about:

Kuipers
Calderon Weir Greer Butters
Crofts Sidwell Mullery (c)
De Zerbi
Zamora Aspinall
Mullers to score the winner after an Aspinall dive, then get himself sent off, giving the full double Vs to the away fans as he departs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So many leaving Fati out!? Has to start surely.

Don’t want any inexperienced kids in personally with a 2 week break coming up thankfully. Huge if we win this one…!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
So many leaving Fati out!? Has to start surely.

Don’t want any inexperienced kids in personally with a 2 week break coming up thankfully. Huge if we win this one…!
If as RdZ says, this is the most important game of the season, hopefully that means going for strongest side.
That means, assuming Dunk not fit:

Igor and van Hecke in defence with Veltman. I can see Gross playing that 'false" fullback position he often does when asked to play there, with Igor shifting across and Mitoma dropping back as necessary.
Then, I would think Gilmore and Baleba in midfield , as I suspect they will target us there. Mitoma, Adingra, Fati and Ferguson up front.

i would have Pedro ready to come on Second Half if things not working out for Fergie.
The bench in terms of game changers is starting to look much weaker than it was at the start of the season, having lost Welbeck, March and Enciso.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
-------------------Verbruggen
---------Webster -- Van Hecke -- Igor
Veltman -------------------------Adingra
-------------Gilmour ---Baleba
------------------Lallana
---------------Pedro---Fati

Gross and Mitoma in the red zone I reckon of games played, so come out of the side.
Adingra asked to play a wing back role

On the hour ....
Dahoud for Lallana
Buonanotte for Pedro
Ferguson for Fati

If Dunk is out might even see a new name on the bench. McConville perhaps

Just got to get through this one, lick our wounds and rest up for a couple of weeks and hopefully have one or two back after the internationals
The way it's looking, not too many will be away on international duty ?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Steele

Gross
Veltman
Webster
Igor

Baleba
Gilmour

Lallana
Hinshelwood
Andringa

Ferguson

60 minute subs: Mitoma, Pedro, Fati

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
De Zerbi looks at the crowd and randomly points a finger.....

You, you, and you, that one, you, not you, him, her, her, you, that one hiding behind his bottle top, and you.

Everyone else are potential subs to be chosen at random sometime around the 67th minute (except for the West Stand Upper because they won't be able to get down on time).

Shirts (Sheffield Utd) v Skins.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Why is everyone seemingly panicking so much over this match?

Sheffield United are plum bottom of the table, scored 9 goals and conceded 30 in 11 games and only got their first win of the season last week through a dodgy penalty which should not have been given, against Wolves-who-are-rubbish. Their other 10 games have produced 9 losses and 1 draw.

:shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why is everyone seemingly panicking so much over this match?

Sheffield United are plum bottom of the table, scored 9 goals and conceded 30 in 11 games and only got their first win of the season last week through a dodgy penalty which should not have been given, against Wolves-who-are-rubbish. Their other 10 games have produced 9 losses and 1 draw.

:shrug:
Injuries, worrying mentality where we think we always balls it up (as all fans do of their club tbf) and off the back of our European game. Also, we are so unpredictable at times. They nearly won at spurs who were top etc etc - no easy games and don’t want to underestimate anyone in this league. Wish I had your confidence of course!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here