Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Reading

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
We still have another couple of days for players to injure themselves in training, whilst playing with their kids, or by tripping on a kerb whilst on route to Tesco, so I wouldn't like to count too many chickens.

But I'll have a go with

TK
Ward
Upson
Greer
Bruno
Spanish Dave
Andrews (working on the basis that Ince isn't fit)
Stephens
Lingard
Ulloa
Buckley (or March, either would do me if fit)

The bench, well, whoever's left. Brezovan, LuaLua, March/Buckley, Dunk, Calderon, JFC, AN Other.

:wink: Snigger....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Stop it...the game he won MoM he was consistently good.

Mellotron...my old nemesis :lol:

I thought he was consistently average in the Wigan, and other than 1 cross since he's hardly bowled be over with his quality.

This is a fued that is destined to run for eternity :catfight:

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
----------Koosh-------------
Bruno - Upson - Greer - Ward
--Lopez--Stephens--JFC----
------Lingard--March-------
----------Ulloa-------------

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
While we're on team selection, was Kaz injured on Saturday? Thought it was odd he didn't even feature on the bench, when Buckley and March had both been nursing injuries ... ?

Did a stadium tour on monday, saw a piece of paper on the side outside the changing rooms near the massage tables.
It was entitled 'Urine test results'. A particular player was marked up in red on this form.

Please note I am not making unfounded allegations, merely saying what I saw.
I would also probably guess that it would probably be to do with levels of hydration rather than anything else.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Our problem all season has been a severe and crippling lack of pace, this formation is another perfect example of hoping to pass our way through a top end Championship team, it simply won't happen, we have no drive or cutting edge. If we play 1 fats attacker (Lingard) it's all too obvious where our attacks our going to come from. For that team to morph into Oscar's 4-3-3 it requires SLopez to be an attacker/winger, a role he simply does not have the legs to fulfill.

Spot on DFM. I'm really hoping Orlandi is fit. He will provide the quality we need without the Slopez (love that BTW!) drawbacks.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kuszczak

Bruno~Greer~Upson~Ward

Stephens~Ince~Orlandi

Buckley~Ulloa~Lingard

This looks right to me, provided Ince and Orlandi are fit. Otherwise, they should be replaced by Andrews and Slopez IMHO.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We still have another couple of days for players to injure themselves in training, whilst playing with their kids, or by tripping on a kerb whilst on route to Tesco, so I wouldn't like to count too many chickens.

But I'll have a go with

TK
Ward
Upson
Greer
Bruno
Spanish Dave
Andrews (working on the basis that Ince isn't fit)
Stephens
Lingard
Ulloa
Buckley (or March, either would do me if fit)

The bench, well, whoever's left. Brezovan, LuaLua, March/Buckley, Dunk, Calderon, JFC, AN Other.

Spot on Edna, with Orlandi -- if fit -- replacing AN Other, if not SD*2.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Do you think he's been particulalry good?

He didn't look bad but didn't do too much in his first few games, I thought he was very poor against Wigan.

I don't think he's set the world on fire since his arrival, but I've seen enough to think he's a good buy. He really gets around the pitch, finds space, is quite dynamic, and can time his runs well, particularly in to the penalty box. I'd be interested to hear your view come the end of the season (when I might have revised mine).

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
-------------------- Kuszscak ------------------
Bruno --------- Greer --- Upson -------- Ward
--------- Stephens -- Ince -- Andrews --------
David -------------- Ulloa ------------- Lingard

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't think he's set the world on fire since his arrival, but I've seen enough to think he's a good buy. He really gets around the pitch, finds space, is quite dynamic, and can time his runs well, particularly in to the penalty box. I'd be interested to hear your view come the end of the season (when I might have revised mine).

I'm not writing him off and obviously i'd rather he was superb between now an dthe end of the season. However based on what i've seen, he does run a round a lot but doesn't much to any great effect anywhere, and while he does get in some decent positions he's missed those opportunities.

I hope he get's good but as this the first player we've spent on for while (that wasn't a development squad signing) he seems a bit limited.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry- why's that a triple whammy?

Ince, Orlandi I get. Are you trying to say that Stephens being fit would be a bad thing? Strange.

I was going to make a similar point until I scrolled down a bit further and noticed that the ever wise Edna had beaten me to it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He can be very frustrating granted, but can you not see those hints of his majestic form from last season coming back recently? Or is it just me?

No, it's not just you.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Just checked the club website and Ince has resumed full training today and will be in the squad for Saturday. Good news (with a bit of relief thrown in for good measure)!

:clap::clap:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just checked the club website and Ince has resumed full training today and will be in the squad for Saturday. Good news (with a bit of relief thrown in for good measure)!

:clap::clap:

It makes the team look soooo much stronger with Rohan in there.

Stumpy Tim

This is what I'd like to see:

Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ Upson ~ Ward
Lopez~ Ince ~ Stephens
Buckley ~ Ulloa ~ Lingard

Bench: Brezovan, Calderon, Dunk, Andrews, JFC, Rodriguez, Lualua

Lopez is a better central midfielder than Orlandi in my opinion, and rarely loses possession. If Orlandi is fit I would swap him for Buckley

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Good that Ince is fit. Andrews probably had his two best (and only good?) games against Reading this year, if he does play hopefully he's got a hold on their midfield.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Buckley's not ready for a start yet I don't think. Awful couple of substitute appearances recently. I'd have March ahead of him at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here