Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Reading

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Personally I'm very disappointed to see us having to start with sLopez and Andrews again. I know others feel very differently about them, but for me they have added very little to the teams cause this season.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Sorry- why's that a triple whammy?

Ince, Orlandi I get. Are you trying to say that Stephens being fit would be a bad thing? Strange.

Yes. It was a joke.

(I don't think he's awful but he'd the last person I would put in the team from actual squad bar Obika and Agustein)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes. It was a joke.

(I don't think he's awful but he'd the last person I would put in the team from actual squad bar Obika and Agustein)

Wow. Opinions are funny things.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
While we're on team selection, was Kaz injured on Saturday? Thought it was odd he didn't even feature on the bench, when Buckley and March had both been nursing injuries ... ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you think he's been particulalry good?

He didn't look bad but didn't do too much in his first few games, I thought he was very poor against Wigan.

I didn't think anybody was particularly poor against Wigan really.

Don't think Stephens has quite fired yet, and he missed a couple of decent chances against Wigan, which is annoying when you think about it. But I do think he's improved a little each game, and I'm certain in my mind he offers more than JFC, who is still giving me nightmares over his unfortunate display at Hull.

Stephens I do feel will come good, a la Conway perhaps. I'd pick him over what few alternatives we currently have left, at any rate.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
While we're on team selection, was Kaz injured on Saturday? Thought it was odd he didn't even feature on the bench, when Buckley and March had both been nursing injuries ... ?

He tweeted to someone that he wasn't injured. Then hastily deleted it...

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
He can be very frustrating granted, but can you not see those hints of his majestic form from last season coming back recently? Or is it just me?

No it's not just you. Though his abysmal performance at Watford nearly dissuaded me for life, we sorely miss his set-piece delivery and quality of pass/cross when he is not on the pitch.

Taking March as an (unfair) example, he is great to watch, but his delivery into the box has been woeful. Equally Kaz's is erratic at best.

Yes SD is frustrating when it comes to the more workmanlike aspects of Football, but for sheer quality in possession he has to play.

My team for Reading assuming Ince is not fit would be:

4-1-4-1

----------Koosh-------------
Bruno - Upson - Greer - Ward
---------Andrews-----------
SD---Stephens--JFC--Lingard
----------Ulloa--------------

Which easily morphs into OG's 4-3-3 if required.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No it's not just you. Though his abysmal performance at Watford nearly dissuaded me for life, we sorely miss his set-piece delivery and quality of pass/cross when he is not on the pitch.

Taking March as an (unfair) example, he is great to watch, but his delivery into the box has been woeful. Equally Kaz's is erratic at best.

Yes SD is frustrating when it comes to the more workmanlike aspects of Football, but for sheer quality in possession he has to play.

My team for Reading assuming Ince is not fit would be:

4-1-4-1

----------Koosh-------------
Bruno - Upson - Greer - Ward
---------Andrews-----------
SD---Stephens--JFC--Lingard
----------Ulloa--------------

Which easily morphs into OG's 4-3-3 if required.

Our problem all season has been a severe and crippling lack of pace, this formation is another perfect example of hoping to pass our way through a top end Championship team, it simply won't happen, we have no drive or cutting edge. If we play 1 fats attacker (Lingard) it's all too obvious where our attacks our going to come from. For that team to morph into Oscar's 4-3-3 it requires SLopez to be an attacker/winger, a role he simply does not have the legs to fulfill.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
GK) Kuszczak

RB) Bruno
CB) Greer
CB) Upson
LB) Ward

CM) Stephens
CM) Andrews (unless Ince is fit)

RAM) Lopez
AM) Lingard
LAM) March / Orlandi

CF) Ulloa

Subs:
Walton
Dunk
Calderon
JFC / Andrews
LuaLua
Buckley
Rodriguez

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He can be very frustrating granted, but can you not see those hints of his majestic form from last season coming back recently? Or is it just me?

I've seen 1 or 2 moments of brilliance from him this entire season, but he hasn't been a patch on the the player we watched last season. I know we have a difference of opinions but I thought he was very average against Wigan, apart from 1 glorious cross he was anonymous against Hull, I didn't get to the Millwall game but other than scoring the penalty the only time his name was mentioned was because he'd bottled a challenge or given the ball away. He's been too much of a luxury and a passenger in a team that is in need of pace, we can't afford to have him strolling around on the off chance that he might get a free kick or cross on target.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally I would go

Kusz

Bruno Greer Upson Ward

Andrews (if Ince not fit)

Dave - Stephens - March/Buckley/LuaLua

Lingard

Ulloa

===

That way you have pace on one side and quality on the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here