Valhalla
Kuszczak
Calderon Greer Upson Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
Buckley Lopez Orlandi
Ulloa​
Subs: Ankergren, El-Abd, Dicker, Crofts, LuaLua, Barnes, Barker

You?

Isn't Barker up in court next week? ??? Or have I got the dates wrong?

Kuszczak
Calderon Greer Upson Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
Buckley David Orlandi
Ulloa
Subs: Ankers, El-Abd, Vicente, Dicker, Crofts, LuaLua, Barnes

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think it will be similar to the teams he started with at Middlesbrough and Peterborough with the aim of keeping it tight for the first half. People need to remember, given the results against Palace this season, that a draw at Selhurst would be a great result.

This would mean Bridcutt, Crofts and Hammond all start, the back 5 picks itself if all are fit and then Lopez, Ulloa and Orlandi as the front 3. We would then unleash Buckley and/or LuaLua on them in the second half when legs are tired. It wouldn't surprise me if he started with one of Buckley, LuaLua or Barnes instead of Crofts though.

For the home game, I imagine he will start with both Buckley and LuaLua given the success it brought in the league game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think it will be similar to the teams he started with at Middlesbrough and Peterborough with the aim of keeping it tight for the first half. People need to remember, given the results against Palace this season, that a draw at Selhurst would be a great result.

This would mean Bridcutt, Crofts and Hammond all start, the back 5 picks itself if all are fit and then Lopez, Ulloa and Orlandi as the front 3. We would then unleash Buckley and/or LuaLua on them in the second half when legs are tired. It wouldn't surprise me if he started with one of Buckley, LuaLua or Barnes instead of Crofts though.

For the home game, I imagine he will start with both Buckley and LuaLua given the success it brought in the league game.

All of this makes sense, until the suggestion that Barnes WON'T be playing. He will. But will it be for Dave or Orlandi? Personally, I like him, but I wouldn't pick him over either of our flairniacs, or the midfield trio of hardmen.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Going to have to double up on Zaha, so Barnes will play on the left wing, chance that Orlandi will play right instead of Buckley but I doubt it.

There will be a surprise somewhere, could well be Painter at left back due to an unfit Bridge?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
All of this makes sense, until the suggestion that Barnes WON'T be playing. He will. But will it be for Dave or Orlandi? Personally, I like him, but I wouldn't pick him over either of our flairniacs, or the midfield trio of hardmen.

I would think Barnes would replace Crofts in the team. Having three central midfielders and Barnes would be asking to be pushed back. Lopez would then drop back to the midfield three where he has been very effective this season.

Either way, given our bench at Peterborough, it is amazing the depth we have in the squad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very harsh on Orlandi. I think Orlandi would have played yesterday if Gus didn't intend to start with him in the play offs.

I agree harsh but we have a lot of good players. At Selhurst it will be a proper battle and I think Barnes would be useful for that. Plus he scored goals. Perhaps Orlandi for Barnes, close to call.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuszczak

Calderon~Matthew Upson~Greer~Wayne Bridge

Bridcutt

Spanish Dave~Hammond~Orlandi

Ulloa~Barnes​

Subs: Ankergren, El-Abd, Crofts, Vicente, Buckley, Dicker, Lualua

Tight away, more expansive at home.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I agree harsh but we have a lot of good players. At Selhurst it will be a proper battle and I think Barnes would be useful for that. Plus he scored goals. Perhaps Orlandi for Barnes, close to call.

It does show the options we have available. If everyone is fit, there are going to be good players to come off the bench and change the game if needed.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It does show the options we have available. If everyone is fit, there are going to be good players to come off the bench and change the game if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here