Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Monday (if none of the injuries return)

sabre

Nov 30, 2015
I thought Towell made a real case for his inclusion in the starting line-up on Monday.

Towell will work incredibly hard for the cause....and his line-breaking runs from midfield could make the difference...we need overloads in attack

:guns:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are all pre guessing CH thoughts but I think he will go with 2 of those 3 and start with Baldock and Wilson although some have mentioned a debut for Bjordal as he is 6ft 4in so could hold the ball up a la Hemed.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Have you forgotten Rosenior ?

Crofts will definately be in the 18.

Rea is indeed available.

Rosenior, damn I had forgotten him!
I guess Crofts will be however I can't see him remaining here next season and would be nice to see someone else be given the opportunity to warm the bench

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We are all pre guessing CH thoughts but I think he will go with 2 of those 3 and start with Baldock and Wilson although some have mentioned a debut for Bjordal as he is 6ft 4in so could hold the ball up a la Hemed.

Henrik Bjordal is a 19 year old, 5'10", 10 stone winger.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

Is it not Hambo that is 6'4? - sorry to be pedantic!

EDIT: just looked it him up on wiki and it appears he has already played a game for us and scored 100 goals! He must be nailed on to start

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having never seen him play, is he anywhere near ready? Or likely to be thrown in the mix?

He's barely played even for the DS, as he's been injured most of the season, so nobody would really know.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I cannot believe as many are suggesting that we will start with Skalak, Murphy and Lua Lua 2 out of the 3 but not all of them.

I do agree that we should only play two of them - I just don't see that Lua Lua has added anything to this team since returning. It's such a shame as he was unplayable at the beginning of the season, but now looks like the game is passing him by.

The thing that really annoys me is that for the part of the season that cost us automatic promotion, our biggest problem was left back - we lost both Rosenior AND Bong in successive weeks to long term injury. Now that's the one area we are overloaded with options. It is ridiculous to think in this injury nightmare that unless Bruno plays midfield, we are going to end up putting Bong on the bench.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
David Stockdale

Bruno
Gordon Greer
Lewis Dunk
Liam Rosenior

Jiri Skalek
Beram Kayal
Richie Towell
Jamie Murphy

Sam Baldock
James Wilson

Subs: Niki Maenpaa, Inigo Calderon, Gaetan Bong, Andrew Crofts, Danny Holla, Kazenga Lua Lua, Elvis Manu.

I can't see us changing shape when 4-4-2 has worked for us all season, or using a Development Squad player to fill the bench.
I'm not sure Bong will be fit enough to play 2 games in 4 days after not playing for 7 months.
Only real option off the bench is KLL.
That's the hand we have been dealt. Let's get on with it and upset the odds.

Stumpy Tim

I do agree that we should only play two of them - I just don't see that Lua Lua has added anything to this team since returning. It's such a shame as he was unplayable at the beginning of the season, but now looks like the game is passing him by.

The thing that really annoys me is that for the part of the season that cost us automatic promotion, our biggest problem was left back - we lost both Rosenior AND Bong in successive weeks to long term injury. Now that's the one area we are overloaded with options. It is ridiculous to think in this injury nightmare that unless Bruno plays midfield, we are going to end up putting Bong on the bench.
Bong started on Friday, and Rosenior was on the bench. I think they'll both play this time

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agree with your comments about Rosenior and Bong, but I think it's simply resolved by:

-------------------- Stockdale -------------------
Bruno ----- Greer ----- Dunk ----- Bong
Rosenior - Kayal - Crofts/Towell - Skalak
-------------- Murphy ----------------------------
-------------------- Baldock ---------------------

Remember Bruno and Rosenior had a good partnership for a few games at the start of the season down the right. This formation will also provide us with defensive solidity for the start of the game, and will give the option of bringing Wilson, KLL and A.N.Other on in the second half if we need to (that's if our remaining first choice starters haven't gone off with injuries by that stage).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here