Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Monday (if none of the injuries return)

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Agree with your comments about Rosenior and Bong, but I think it's simply resolved by:

-------------------- Stockdale -------------------
Bruno ----- Greer ----- Dunk ----- Bong
Rosenior - Kayal - Crofts/Towell - Skalak
-------------- Murphy ----------------------------
-------------------- Baldock ---------------------

Remember Bruno and Rosenior had a good partnership for a few games at the start of the season down the right. This formation will also provide us with defensive solidity for the start of the game, and will give the option of bringing Wilson, KLL and A.N.Other on in the second half if we need to (that's if our remaining first choice starters haven't gone off with injuries by that stage).

Baldock isn't an out out striker, he needs someone else up there with him.. However I don't think Wilson and him link up well together...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with your comments about Rosenior and Bong, but I think it's simply resolved by:

-------------------- Stockdale -------------------
Bruno ----- Greer ----- Dunk ----- Bong
Rosenior - Kayal - Crofts/Towell - Skalak
-------------- Murphy ----------------------------
-------------------- Baldock ---------------------

Remember Bruno and Rosenior had a good partnership for a few games at the start of the season down the right. This formation will also provide us with defensive solidity for the start of the game, and will give the option of bringing Wilson, KLL and A.N.Other on in the second half if we need to (that's if our remaining first choice starters haven't gone off with injuries by that stage).

Good shout this, although suspect it'll be Wilson not Murphy

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'd go...

Stockdale

Bruno Greer Dunk Bong

Rosenior Kayal

Skalak Murphy LuaLua

Baldock

Not far off. Though I'd prefer Towell instead of Lua Lua. I'd opt for a 4-2-1-2-1 'double diamond' and give Lua Lua the last 25 minutes against some tired legs. Towell can sit between Kayal and Rosenior, joining both Skalak and Murphy when they push forward. Appreciate this has an experimental feel to it, but given the gravity of the selection situation, we have no choice but to be bold. I'm stunned anyone would start with Crofts, who has looked a pale shadow of the combative midfielder who Albion fans like to remember. Albion need to play with pace and purpose, neither of which suit a 2016 Andrew Crofts. I'd line up Holla and Wilson for replacements, along with Lua Lua, though of course all will depend on the score.

PS: Anyone remember 'Double Diamond?!' Let's hope it's our celebration drink....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really hope not. You either play Baldock or Wilson I think - they just don't work well together. I'd start with Baldock I think.

I agree with you, but just think that's how CH will start.......I'd start Balders, ask him to ruin the defence all over the place for an hour and then maybe bring Wilson on depending on what's going on.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What do people think the subs will be to tonight - may have some surprises perhaps

Maenpaa, Calderon, Crofts, Rosenior/Lua Lua, Tilly, Hambo

Could be an important part especially late on if we are defending or going for it

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Baldock isn't an out out striker, he needs someone else up there with him.. However I don't think Wilson and him link up well together...

I agree about Baldock, and remember Sami over-testing the hypothesis that he is one. But there really doesn't seem to be too many other options. If we start with Baldock and Wilson up-front (which worked well against Reading home, badly against MK Dons away), that really leaves us with no option to bring a striker on, and when one of them (we're looking at you, Wilson) tires, then what do we do?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Why?

Fair enough

Lolz

I'm not suggesting Holla is a dynamo, set to terrify the life out of the opposition. But if we have to bring a tank on the pitch (and let's face it, we're hardly blessed with options) then Holla still looks more mobile than Crofts. Think turning circle of a caravan against a juggernault.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Jiri Skalak corners and free kicks on a sixpence
then to be replaced with KLL to run them and get into the S/W area and cause them some damage
run at them and force them to take you down
its shite or bust I am afaid
fight, fight, fight

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here