Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Leicester (fa cup)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's the FA Cup. Remember ? that wonderful competition that we all used to love and don't want to be mothballed by the money men.

Play the strongest team available. The only caveat being that if players are deemed in need of an absolute rest then that should happen.

But the selection should be based on it being another league game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We’ve more than enough fit players in the first team squad to put out a strong team for this. Certainly no need to dip into the u23s. Welbeck , Tau, Moder, lallana, Karbo, Alzate, Walton, Connolly, Veltman could do with the game time. Lamptey can’t be far off back too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On the pitifully few glimpses we've seen, PT looks like a bit of a real live-wire. On the loads we've seen of Maupay? Not so much IMHO

Very keen l grant you, (as is Andy Zeqiri), but we don't know yet what either have to offer talent wise. Maupay on the other hand, although going through a very lean spell at the moment, does have quality, you don't become a bad player overnight.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We’ve more than enough fit players in the first team squad to put out a strong team for this. Certainly no need to dip into the u23s. Welbeck , Tau, Moder, lallana, Karbo, Alzate, Walton, Connolly, Veltman could do with the game time. Lamptey can’t be far off back too.

Yep.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

8 internationals there and that’s not including Lamptey who is potentially the best from that list.

A spine with Welbeck and Lallana at the core will give any team in the Country a good game.

Players like Biss, Webster, Groß, Maupay & Tross need to be focused on Villa imho.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
We are 10 points off relegation and the best midfield in our history. Who knows what the future will bring but this season we have one of the best chances we have ever had to win a cup. I'd say go for it, and play a strong side. The future might well be even better than now, but who knows. Lets give it a good go this season.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Currently it's a numbers game and as much as I hate squad rotation I can see the need to rest a couple of players, however within that it will give Potter the opportunity to have a look at the new players and give the fringe players an opportunity to stake a claim in the first team.
How close are Lamptey and Propper to returning they could become key in the final months of the season.
For me it highlights the strength of the squad and the tough decisions Potter needs to make to keep everyone happy.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
———————-Walton——————
———Veltman—Dunk—-Burn———
Alzate———————-——Karbowicz
—————Lallana—Moder—————
Tau——————————-—Izquierdo
———————Welbeck——————-

Subs
Steele or McGill
Tanimowo
White
Pröpper
Jenks
Groß
Khadra
Connolly
Zeqiri

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sanchez
White-Dunk-Burn
Alzate-Propper-Moder-Karbownik
Khadra-Connolly-Tau​

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Mike Dean will be referee for our cup game on Wednesday. He's revealed him and his family received death threats following his decision to send off Soucek.

As a result he has requested not to officiate next weekend but will still be doing our cup game.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Walton in for the cup games, with debuts to a few of the new (well, recalled) players. Otherwise I’d play as many players who feel they don’t need a rest. I won’t second guess who needs a rest!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Andy Naylor thinks the team could look like this...

"Walton; Veltman, White, Dunk, Burn; Lallana, Propper (if fit), Alzate; Tau, Welbeck, Connolly.
Moder and Karbownik in the mix for first appearances, Zeqiri likely to feature too, with a couple of U23s among the subs (from McGill, Jenks, Weir, Khadra)."

there's a press conference at 1.30pm today where Potter will give us updates on fitness and might hint at line up.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1358750060037763076

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here