Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Hull

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hulls team has got to be worth about 30M. They must have one of the best squads ever at championship level. Diame, Dawson, huddlestone akpom, and a 10M Uruguayan international upfront. This is gonna be a test and a half.

Have you seen the £10m player play? One of the worst signings all time, complete donkey.

Norwichs squad last year was far better.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Hull have a fantastic squad, but Charlton showed they can be beaten. Rosenior or possibly Bruno are the only players likely to lose their spot with Murphy coming in.

This game will be won on the strength and timing of the substitutions. Whichever manager gets it right will take the points

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Same starting line up for me. I think I Uwe/Greer is our best cb pairing at the moment. I like Uwe. I'd probably have Elvis on the bench rather than BZ - more options if necessary. But whatever CH knows much more about football than me and I trust him

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is how Hull set up in a 4-4-2. http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959269/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Charlton-Hull

They will do what the Albion did at Ipswich, play Elmo in front of their £3.5 million right back. They will be able to double up on Kaz.

CH will have ot think this one out rather than match like-for-like ???

A big test for the Albion, CH and for Hull City as well. In past Hull sides Elmo pushes up too far leaving a gap. Not that we would want Elmo pushing up as his crosses, even the ones from deep are dangerous. Bruce has been around a bit and will be tactically acute. Curtis Davies coming up for corners might be a problem. Forster-Caskey bottled it at the far post at their ground last time out.

Altogether, I would be strong on possession for this game. It might be difficult as Huddlestone and Meyler are no mugs at Championship standard in the centre of their midfield. Got to be a banker 1-1 draw if both teams set up as 4-4-2. I would not be surprised if CH makes one change to the starting XI.
??? I'd predict a draw but not because both teams go 442

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Addenda: memory coming back of our last two encounters in the FA Cup. Different players on both sides, but the midfield battle for possession was particularly fierce (more than any other game) and surprisingly legal (not that many fouls).

I think keeping possession and gaining possession has been one of our strong points in the last two seasons. That and interceptions.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Really can't believe some are suggesting dropping Greer for Dunk. Greer has been solid every game he has played so far this season. Greer and Uwe is our best partnership.

--------------- Stockdale --------------
Bruno --- Greer --- Uwe --- Bong
Murphy - Stephens - Kayal - LuaLua
--------- Hemed -- Baldock ----------

i would not be suprised or mind to see Rosenoir in there though.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Roll on Saturday

Really can't believe some are suggesting dropping Greer for Dunk. Greer has been solid every game he has played so far this season. Greer and Uwe is our best partnership.

--------------- Stockdale --------------
Bruno --- Greer --- Uwe --- Bong
Murphy - Stephens - Kayal - LuaLua
--------- Hemed -- Baldock ----------

i would not be suprised or mind to see Rosenoir in there though.

I think the suggestion is valid after the defence went to sleep against Blackburn. Not necessarily one that I agree with but one that went through my mind.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959292/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2015-2016-Brighton-Hull

One thing that'll will be best if GG does not play tonight!

Best balance would be Uwe or Dunk with Greer. I think (unless instructed not to) Uwe and Dunk would tend to go for the same ball.

This might be even the case (to a lesser extent*) with Zamora and Hemed. (*Zamora tended to play deeper with QPR and Hmeed seems suited to the roving target man.)

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Bruce has been around a bit and will be tactically acute.

That's what I thought about McCarthy 2 weeks ago, but Ipswich just weren't at the races first half.

If Brighton can put their stamp on the game, not let Hull have any good time on the ball and craft out some chances of our own, I don't see why we can't get a win.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's what I thought about McCarthy 2 weeks ago, but Ipswich just weren't at the races first half.

If Brighton can put their stamp on the game, not let Hull have any good time on the ball and craft out some chances of our own, I don't see why we can't get a win.

Same here. I think we will have to keep possession a bit better for this game. I would not be surprised if Rohan Ince starts.

I missed the first half against Ipswich (a result of the Shoreham air crash) and the rest of the game seemed the same as usual, rather even.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Hunemeier
Bong

Rosenior to score against his old club
Kayal
Stephens
Lua Lua

Hemmed
Baldock

subs : Maenpaa, Greer, Ince, JFC, Murphy, Elvis, Zamora

regrets : leaving March and Goldson out

I think a yellow for Kaz would mean he'd be banned vs Rotherham ? ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What I would like to see happen more is the wingers swapping more often during a game. If KLL is getting no joy because they are doubling up on the left then swap with Rosenior for periods. Keep them unsettled. It would also mean that if we are having problems with Elmohamady then Rosenior would be of more help to Bong than KLL Problem with KLL is that if he gets hemmed in too often then he gets frustrated which, for a player on 4 bookings, is not a good thing!

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Yes I know it's ages away, but I'm missing the football already.

Stockdale

Bruno-Hunemeier-Greer-Bong

Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-Lualua

Baldock-Hemed​

Subs: Maenpaa, Dunk, Zamora, Murphy, Manu, Ince, March

Look at that subs bench!

Completely with you on this one, GG has earned his place and deserves to be there

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Hunemeier
Bong

LuaLua (Manu to come on for last 20)
Kayal
Stephens
Rosenior (Murphy on for last 30 if chasing the game)

Hemed (Zamora on for last 20)
Baldock

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Hunemeier
Bong

LuaLua (Manu to come on for last 20)
Kayal
Stephens
Rosenior (Murphy on for last 30 if chasing the game)

Hemed (Zamora on for last 20)
Baldock

I love it when you work out your substitutions even before the game ;-) xxx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here