Team For Huddersfield

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
For me one of the most interesting team selections Oscar has to make so far this season....

With Greer, Kuszczak and Buckley likely to be available for selection, Ulloa making his return at Middlesborough and with Conway returning to Cardiff there will certainly be at least one change this Saturday.

For me I can only see him making the two changes Lua Lua to replace Conway and Kuszczak to replace Brezovan.

-------------------------- Kuszczak -------------------------
Bruno ---------- El Abd ----------- Upson ----------- Ward
David ------------------- Bridcutt ----------------- Lua Lua
------------- Crofts --------------------- Ince --------------
-------------------------- Barnes ----------------------------

Fancy this, but would like to see Kemy instead of Spanish. He looks as if he has got himself fit and with a run of games could be a real bonus.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Definetly more options now. I don't think he'll make any changes to the starting line up but the bench is going to be so strong in the last quarter when Oscar does shake things up. It's getting exciting again.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
That was because he hadn't recovered from a knock he picked up against Burnley. The injury should be healed so I'd hope he'd be fit enough to play an hour or so.

I'd go:

Kuszscak

Bruno
El-Abd
Upson
Ward

Bridcutt
Ince
Agustien

Buckley
Ulloa
Lua Lua

Subs:

Brez
Greer
Calderon
Crofts
Lopez
Barnes
Lita

I like this team......just maybe a bit too early for Ulloa & Agustien to start though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lua was putting in mom performances before his injury so deserves the nod .

Kemy looked the only decent option v Barnsley so is knocking on the door .

Great options . Looking forward to Saturday

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
----------------------pig
Bruno----el abd--------Upson-------ward
-----------------ince--bridcutt
Barnes------------crofts-------------Lua Lua
----------------------ulloa

Brez
Calderon
Andrews
David
Agustein
Buckley
Lita

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Is Vaughan back? I haven't seen anything to suggest either way. He's a real threat and will keep our CB's (whoever they are) fully occupied. Bridcutt will hopefully put in a stellar performance

from Argus:

Captain and central defender Peter Clarke is already on Huddersfield’s casualty list but Robins could welcome back 12-goal striker James Vaughan.
The former Everton trainee, on target when Town were beaten 4-1 at The Amex last season, was rested from the Reading defeat due to a bruised ankle bone.
Robins said: “At one stage it looked as though it might become a longer-term problem but it hasn’t turned out that way and he may be available for Brighton.”

I rate Vaughan, it would be a real bonus if he wasn't available.
PG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fancy this, but would like to see Kemy instead of Spanish. He looks as if he has got himself fit and with a run of games could be a real bonus.

I want to see Kemy play more too, but not sure that wide right is his position. Crofts is just one booking away from a suspension, so with five games in fifteen days, this is likely to materialise. Hopefully, this will mean that Kemy starts, and also comes off the bench for a few games. I thought he looked highly impressive against Barnsley. Really looking forward to seeing how Oscar uses the squad over the next five games.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
from Argus:

Captain and central defender Peter Clarke is already on Huddersfield’s casualty list but Robins could welcome back 12-goal striker James Vaughan.
The former Everton trainee, on target when Town were beaten 4-1 at The Amex last season, was rested from the Reading defeat due to a bruised ankle bone.
Robins said: “At one stage it looked as though it might become a longer-term problem but it hasn’t turned out that way and he may be available for Brighton.”

I rate Vaughan, it would be a real bonus if he wasn't available.
PG
Adam will sort that ankle out for him.

:thumbsup:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'd keep the same team, with Kaz in for Conway and (if fit) PIG for Sexy Pete. El-Abd deserves his place for now and use Buckley as an impact sub for Lopez in the 2nd half. Ulloa to have a half hour off the bench, let's not rush him.

I'm not surprised so many would drop Barnes (marmite man and peopke desperate to see Leo back), but surprised so many would leave Crofts out, arguably our best player this season along with Upson & Ince. We'll need his energy and bravery against a packed midfield.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think- assuming that both are fit- that if we're bringing a winger in as a straight swap for Conway, then LuaLua deserves a go ahead of Buckley.

Not sure why, as neither have ripped up any trees for a little while, but I just think LuaLua is closer to what we need at present. Even if he doesn't always seem to be as effective when he starts a game as opposed to coming off the bench, curiously.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We're going to miss Conway big time as KLL is great as an inpact sub and can relieve the pressure on our defence later on in games but playing him from the off then I have my doubts. If Buckley isn't fit then can't see anyone from the bench who can come on and change the game as orlandi is still out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think- assuming that both are fit- that if we're bringing a winger in as a straight swap for Conway, then LuaLua deserves a go ahead of Buckley.

Not sure why, as neither have ripped up any trees for a little while, but I just think LuaLua is closer to what we need at present. Even if he doesn't always seem to be as effective when he starts a game as opposed to coming off the bench, curiously.

Lua Lua was tearing up defences before he had to have that op! After Ulloa, he's been the player I've been looking forward to seeing back the most.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
For me one of the most interesting team selections Oscar has to make so far this season....

With Greer, Kuszczak and Buckley likely to be available for selection, Ulloa making his return at Middlesborough and with Conway returning to Cardiff there will certainly be at least one change this Saturday.

For me I can only see him making the two changes Lua Lua to replace Conway and Kuszczak to replace Brezovan.

-------------------------- Kuszczak -------------------------
Bruno ---------- El Abd ----------- Upson ----------- Ward
David ------------------- Bridcutt ----------------- Lua Lua
------------- Crofts --------------------- Ince --------------
-------------------------- Barnes ----------------------------

Agreed although I would still like to see Solly March get a go at some point.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would like to see how a Spanish Len and Leroy combo would fare if the game has already been wrapped up with half an hour to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports