Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for City

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Slightly surprised so soon after Everton that the train of thought is we can match the best club side in world (?) football going head to head.
To be fair, it's only because City will want to rest some players for at least some of the match.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As it stands Villa will have to beat us 17-0 to go above us on GD ! Appreciate that could change tomorrow, but come on !
Not quite. You'll have to half that Villa projection, because we're playing...Villa.

Realistically I can see perhaps a 2 goal defeat vs City, taking us back to +18. Meaning Villa, on +4, would need to beat us by 7 goals to level up the GD. But even if they levelled the GD we've still scored loads more goals than them. So a 0-2 v City basically means Villa would need to beat us by 8.

I think.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not quite. You'll have to half that Villa projection, because we're playing...Villa.

Realistically I can see perhaps a 2 goal defeat vs City, taking us back to +18. Meaning Villa, on +4, would need to beat us by 7 goals to level up the GD. But even if they levelled the GD we've still scored loads more goals than them. So a 0-2 v City basically means Villa would need to beat us by 8.

I think.
You're right. That said, I don't think it's going to happen. I realise that won't persuade many, but at least on this one I'm in good company, because if you listen to what Bloom said to the players and management team in the dressing room, he thinks sixth place is secured, or as close as you can get to it. It's not only that we do not concede 7 in a game, that Villa don't score 7 in a game, it's that if Villa are going for 7, it'll be an open game and guess which of the two teams most want an open game.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You're right. That said, I don't think it's going to happen. I realise that won't persuade many, but at least on this one I'm in good company, because if you listen to what Bloom said to the players and management team in the dressing room, he thinks sixth place is secured, or as close as you can get to it. It's not only that we do not concede 7 in a game, that Villa don't score 7 in a game, it's that if Villa are going for 7, it'll be an open game and guess which of the two teams most want an open game.
Pah, what would Bloom know about odds and probabilities of sporting outcomes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here