Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for City

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely no idea. I reckon it'll be a fairly strong side though, as it's out last home game.

I do hope he targets the Sunday game for points though. Fifth is still there, and Villa fans are convinced they'll win and Europe is theirs. I'd love it if we battered them just to spite them, and Brentford took 7th instead.
Except it would most likely that Spurd ould be the ones to benefit, not Brentford. A nice 1978-The Dell-style 0-0 draw at Villa Park would be fine - if Spurs were winning and looking like sneaking an undeserved 7th. place we can surely manage a spectacular 91st. minute OG and go home laughing?

Most Spurs fans I know want to finish 8th!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If city rest 9 of their regular 1st team players again , that will help a lot especially if it’s De B & the Great Dane out of the starting line up

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
-------------Steele
Veltman Van Hecke Dunk Colwill
--------Gilmour Caicedo
---Enciso MacAllister Mitoma
-----------Ferguson

But 4 early subs to rest and rotate for Sunday. On 50 mins the team looks like this

-------------Steele
Caicedo Van Hecke Dunk Colwill
---------Gilmour Gross
---Enciso Buenanotte Welbeck
------------Undav

Some quick justifications

Pervis has surely earned a night off
Veltman plays to hack a few down. See if we can get them to withdraw key players early
Welbeck has played most of his best football in his career out on the left, that's where he mostly featured for England and he had a good scoring record from there.
Let's get Facu a chance in the middle.
What against city’s midfield, I don’t think so

I genuinely can't call this and how we will balance out the 2 games, we are bloody knackered - I had assumed we had the players and families parade on Sunday because they were preparing for a tonking tomorrow

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Absolutely no idea. I reckon it'll be a fairly strong side though, as it's out last home game.

I do hope he targets the Sunday game for points though. Fifth is still there, and Villa fans are convinced they'll win and Europe is theirs. I'd love it if we battered them just to spite them, and Brentford took 7th instead.
As it stands Villa will have to beat us 17-0 to go above us on GD ! Appreciate that could change tomorrow, but come on !

Plasm26

May 22, 2023
Steele
Veltman, VH, Collwill, Estupinan
Moises, Gross
Mac Undav Mitoma
Ferguson

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Two more games and then give the players a well deserved rest.
Start both games strong and see how it pans out.
One more point, why not get it against City.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dunk might be on the bench.

De Zerbi: “He’s playing with a lot of problems because he has calf and back problems but he is playing every game.

“Tomorrow he can start on the bench but I don’t know because if he can play with me in Brighton, he has to play always.”

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Question is do we give this game up a la the Newcastle game and put out a full strength team versus Villa, or do we go for it?

Personally think we should just go for it because our chances of getting something at home to a City side who have already won the title are probably similar to us getting something from an up for it Villa at Villa Park.

Some players are knackered and need a rest, so we probably need to rest those for Sunday, and play the strongest team we can with players who are fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here