Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Cardiff (H)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do Cardiff still have Ken Wyn-Jones playing for them? Caused us a few problems last season. Stockdale probably still has nightmares about that goal he scored...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How optimistic is everyone that Murphy's red card will be overturned? I mean, I can see, and you can all see, that he lost his footing and inadvertently cleaned the bloke out.

But the football authorities rarely display much wisdom or judgement in these scenarios. I'm desperate for Murphy to be available as I think he's a great player and without LuaLua, we've already lost one creative outlet. But as far as the FA go, I still have a nagging doubt that the idiot suits who make these decisions will somehow come to the conclusion that the referee was right (after all, they do like to back their officials wherever possible).

I'm not. I think that they'll back the ref's decision but reduce the suspension to 1 game.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Worst case scenario of Bruno, Hemed, Murphy and Lualua missing then:

Stockdale

Calderon-Greer-Dunk-Bong

Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-March

Baldock-Zamora

If any of the doubts are available, then slot them into their obvious positions. It still looks like a decent team without those four though, although the bench will be pretty sparse. Dunk comes back in to add a bit of height against Kenny Jones the goal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How optimistic is everyone that Murphy's red card will be overturned? I mean, I can see, and you can all see, that he lost his footing and inadvertently cleaned the bloke out.

But the football authorities rarely display much wisdom or judgement in these scenarios. I'm desperate for Murphy to be available as I think he's a great player and without LuaLua, we've already lost one creative outlet. But as far as the FA go, I still have a nagging doubt that the idiot suits who make these decisions will somehow come to the conclusion that the referee was right (after all, they do like to back their officials wherever possible).
The game has made a rod for it's own back with regards to panels and backing the ref. I can't help thinking if players were a little more respectful towards the officials throughout the game, the FA (in this instance) would feel less obliged to back the referee's decision.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Surprised that a few have left Elvis out of their 11. He played mainly left wing for Feyenoord last season, and we were supposed to have paid £1.5m, so he must be ok. Surely he's a shoe-in if either Murphy and/or Bruno are unavailable for Saturday, particularly as it's a home game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe, maybe not, but reading the FA website, Brighton haven't got any players suspended at the moment.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Cant believe how many people are wanting to abandon 442, apparently with the sole intention of getting Ince into the starting line up. I'd rather win the match...............
So I'll stick with Hughton's line up, whatever that is, thank you!

Totally agree. Why on earth would you want to **** about with a formation that has taken us unbeaten and to the top. Keep the side exactly the same in 442 apart from enforced changes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not wanted it all season. We are winning but lack control of games. More possession and control would have seen us win the last game.

Probably not seen us 2 nil up in the first place though. Lack of control is equalling crucial goals and the pressure on the opposition...if you can call P9 W6 D3 a lack of control in this division...:shrug:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Uwe - Bong
Rosenior - Stephens - Kayal - Manu
Hemed - Baldock​

If Bruno is not available, then shift Rosenior back and March in place.

Obviously if Murphy can play then he does.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Bruno is out just play Rosenior at right back and hope Murphy is able to play but I would keep a close eye on how Greer and Uwe cope with Kenwynn Jones. If Murphys ban is upheld I would be on the phone to Norwich within minutes to get EB on loan for a month.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Bruno is out just play Rosenior at right back and hope Murphy is able to play but I would keep a close eye on how Greer and Uwe cope with Kenwynn Jones. If Murphys ban is upheld I would be on the phone to Norwich within minutes to get EB on loan for a month.

We are short of wide men potentially, why would we play Rosenior at right back when we have Calderon who can do that and keep Rosenior out wide ?

A loan for Bennett for a month would make sense if Lua Lua and Murphy are missing for a few weeks however.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Stockdale

Bruno / Rosenior
Greer
Dunk
Bong

Murphy / Manu
Kayal
Stephens
Lua Lua

Hemed
Baldock

We need to win our home games two wingers and two strikers is positive. I can see the value of 3 CM's away but this (4-4-2) has got us to where we are and I would stick to it at home.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are short of wide men potentially, why would we play Rosenior at right back when we have Calderon who can do that and keep Rosenior out wide ?

A loan for Bennett for a month would make sense if Lua Lua and Murphy are missing for a few weeks however.

Because Rosenior is predominantly a right back and has been most of his career and Calderon is now a liability on the field and is not now good enough either at full back or wide. He has been good for us but is now well past his sell by date.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I actually agree with BG about Calderon, he should only play from the start if that is the last option.

Sounds like Bruno will be fit enough to play, so my team would be:

DS

Bruno.....Greer.......Uwe.......Bong

Rosenior...Kayal.....Stephens......Murphy (if not then Manu)

Hemed (Or BZ if not fit) .....Baldock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here