Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Cardiff (H)

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
If there's no Bruno, no Murphy and no Kaz then maybe we could at least consider switching to a back 3 to free up the two good wide options we do still have available to get forward (and avoid the need to start Calde/March/Manu):

..................Stockdale.....
......Greer..Hunemeier...Dunk....
Rosenior............................Bong
...........Kayal...Ince...Stephens
...........Baldock...Hemed

Though just looking at that is starting to bring back bad memories of the Sami era *shudder*

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cant believe how many people are wanting to abandon 442, apparently with the sole intention of getting Ince into the starting line up. I'd rather win the match...............
So I'll stick with Hughton's line up, whatever that is, thank you!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Too many unknowns, will wait until some further news on Bruno and Murphy who would be in my starting XI.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Cant believe how many people are wanting to abandon 442, apparently with the sole intention of getting Ince into the starting line up. I'd rather win the match...............
So I'll stick with Hughton's line up, whatever that is, thank you!

TBF I think it's more about keeping March out of the starting lineup than getting Ince in (and I'm not saying that March is a bad player, just that he looks off form at the minute). I agree though that 442 has been very good for us this year. Hopefully we'll have either Bruno or Murphy back, in which case it'll be 442 no question!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
TBF I think it's more about keeping March out of the starting lineup than getting Ince in (and I'm not saying that March is a bad player, just that he looks off form at the minute). I agree though that 442 has been very good for us this year. Hopefully we'll have either Bruno or Murphy back, in which case it'll be 442 no question!

I havent seen March on form yet - i would loan him out like JFC and he can get some games in

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough. Can see the logic in your team selection, but I think switching to three at the back is too big a change to make - it requires a completely different mind-set for the defence, and I don't think it is something you can bring in just like that - it needs to be worked on in the training ground, probably throughout a pre-season.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I'd like to see us sign another left back, if only a loan. Can see Bong getting burnt out soon and it'd be nice to have a bit of pressure on his place too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd like to see us sign another left back, if only a loan. Can see Bong getting burnt out soon and it'd be nice to have a bit of pressure on his place too.
Don't think we'd get a loan in to sit on the bench; it's a waste of wages and defeats the object for the loaning club. And Rosenior is Bong's back up anyway.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bruno and Murphy will be available. But i will choose a side without them anyway

Stockdale

Calderon
Uwe
Dunk
Bong

Kayal
Stephens
Rosenior
March

Hemed
Baldock

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Rosenior can play left back very well, we dont need anymore cover in that position.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How optimistic is everyone that Murphy's red card will be overturned? I mean, I can see, and you can all see, that he lost his footing and inadvertently cleaned the bloke out.

But the football authorities rarely display much wisdom or judgement in these scenarios. I'm desperate for Murphy to be available as I think he's a great player and without LuaLua, we've already lost one creative outlet. But as far as the FA go, I still have a nagging doubt that the idiot suits who make these decisions will somehow come to the conclusion that the referee was right (after all, they do like to back their officials wherever possible).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Bruno will be available, according to The Argus:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13789557.Bruno_expected_to_ease_Albion_s_injury_concerns/

I'm pretty sure Murphy will be too, so:

----------------------- Stockdale -----------------------
Bruno ------ Greer ------ Hunnemeier ----- Bong
Rosenoir ----- Kayal ----- Stephens ---- Murphy
--------------- Hemed ----- Baldock -----------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Calderon, Dunk, Ince, March, Manu, Zamora
The same Argus that said Hemed would be available last week!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno / Calderon ( if Bruno unfit )
Greer
Hunemeier
Bong

Rosenior / Elvis ( if Rosenior plays on left )
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy / Rosenior ( if Murphy suspended )

Hemed
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Dunk, Calderon / Goldson ( if Calderon starts ), Ince, Crofts, Elvis / March ( if Elvis starts ), Zamora

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here