Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Burnley

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Didn’t see too much of the game last night... did Sanchez do well? Well enough to keep his place?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9575560 said:
........................ Sanchez .....................

....... White .... Veltman .... Webster ......

Lamptey .................................... March

.............. Bissouma ... Alzate ...............

......... Lallana .............. Trossard .........

...................... Welbeck ........................

Yup, this. Maybe Maupay for Welbeck (although the latter provides more height, which will be needed against Burnley), but the rest looks obvious to me.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We could conceivably see a flat back 4 of Veltman White Webster Burn. A midfield of Lamptey Alzate Bissouma Trossard with Lallana behind striker X.

Yes I agree, I think there's every chance of that and don't think it would be the worst idea either.

With White, he's clearly a very talented player and is ok in central midfield - he was my MOM against Palace actually. But I think we're wasting him there, as you say he is still learning and is actually still learning how to play as a centre back at the top level. I just want him to focus on that as I think he could be one of the best defenders in the country. In midfield he looks just like a defender playing out of position and he has noticeably been caught out of position a number of times in the last 2 games particularly and I don't think we can afford that.

I also think in Alzate and Molumby (and maybe Sanders?), we have some talented young players who are actually central midfielders and could do that job as well as and probably better in my opinion.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Sanchez
Veltman White Webster Burn
Alzate Bissouma
Lampty Lallana Trossard
Maupay

Easy peasy

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes I agree, I think there's every chance of that and don't think it would be the worst idea either.

With White, he's clearly a very talented player and is ok in central midfield - he was my MOM against Palace actually. But I think we're wasting him there, as you say he is still learning and is actually still learning how to play as a centre back at the top level. I just want him to focus on that as I think he could be one of the best defenders in the country. In midfield he looks just like a defender playing out of position and he has noticeably been caught out of position a number of times in the last 2 games particularly and I don't think we can afford that.

I also think in Alzate and Molumby (and maybe Sanders?), we have some talented young players who are actually central midfielders and could do that job as well as and probably better in my opinion.
Agreed. I prefer the dynamism that Alzate and Bissouma provide, they have the ability to take the ball on the turn and start attacking moves, something White doesn’t have in his locker yet, I’d prefer to see him developing in defence.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
------------------------Sanchez---------------------
---Lamptey---Veltman---White---March--
-----------------Alzate----Bissouma-------------
-----------Lallana-------------Mac Allister-----
-----------------Maupay----Welbeck-------------

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We need to get alzate back into midfield and a proper striker. Burn would miss out in my side but the chances of this when Burnley are coming to town seems slim.

Sanchez
Lamptey White Webster veltman March
Bissouma alzate
Tross striker (not sure who, Welbeck I guess) Lallana

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Sometimes I think that josé izquierdo may be what is missing. His goals to game ratio isn't great for us but he does have an annoying desire to always attempt try to shoot. If he still has his pace and his drive he might be decent in the inside left position. Out wide he was predictable and coming inside and crossing with his right.

Like the kids have a go attitude and I think we could do with that tenacity up top at times.

When is he back?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn’t see too much of the game last night... did Sanchez do well? Well enough to keep his place?

As has been customary for a little while.
Wasn't really tested all game.
Had no chance with either goal.

Not a game you can draw any conclusion from unless you despise every waking breath Maty Ryan takes.

I'll hazard a guess he keeps the shirt for Friday, but needs to earn it then in order to keep it once Dunk's presence returns.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sometimes I think that josé izquierdo may be what is missing. His goals to game ratio isn't great for us but he does have an annoying desire to always attempt try to shoot.

Ditto for Ali J. He's someone who's happy to have a pop from outside the area, too many players want to take that extra touch

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Another left field (literally) option I thought of this afternoon, if we keep three at the back and March is injured. Move Lamptey to LWB as he does cut in a lot and drive through the middle anyway. Not ideal but probably still better than Burn or Bernardo at LWB (the only two other left footed players with some defensive ability). At least whoever fills in at RWB would be right footed rather than right footed player playing out of position at LWB and we have stronger replacements instead of being forced to play Bernardo/Burn.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I actually thought we played very well last nite , just missing real cutting edge . Put white back in central defence , Alcate in midfield and welbeck up front . Give biss and burn a rest .

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No way we will miss the opportunity of having 5 centre backs in the starting 11.

Wonder if Lamptey and March will be fit to start or may be rested

bf05ad66675259cf7cf46120f74ed9d1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here