Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Burnley

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I disagree, I don't think White provides what we need in terms of passing for a DM with our style. Maybe against teams where we won't have so much of the ball it makes sense, I wouldn't expect that to be the case with Burnley though, and as such I don't believe it's as much of a problem.

I'm not convinced but I hope you are right !

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I want White back in defence so that we can be put Alzate back in midfield. So...

Ryan

Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
White

March
Bissouma
Lallana
Alzate

Welbeck
Trossard

Subs;
Sanchez
Burn
Propper/ Gross
Maupay
MacAllister
Zequiri
Connolly

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I want White back in defence so that we can be put Alzate back in midfield. So...

Ryan

Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
White

March
Bissouma
Lallana
Alzate

Welbeck
Trossard

Subs;
Sanchez
Burn
Propper/ Gross
Maupay
MacAllister
Zequiri
Connolly

White at left back?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agreed, thus I think you have to have White as DM to come back into a 5 when without the ball

I'm not so sure.

I think we need to make the most of the opportunities Burnley will allow us, so I think we need Alzate and Biss in the midfield positions, with White in Defence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1). (if Lamptey and March are fit) ........
Sanchez
White; Veltman; Webster
Lamptey . .... .............. ............. . March
Bissouma; Alzate
Lallana
Maupay; Connolly​

2). (if Lamptey and March are unavailable) .............
Sanchez
White; Veltman; Webster, Burn
Bissouma; Lallana; Alzate
Mac Allister
Maupay; Connolly​

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That’s a big call, White is our only player that can consistently do the ‘defensive’ part of being a defensive midfielder.

What's the point when he's not very good at it though? He gets dragged out of position for too easily, he's just not a midfielder, he's a centre back and has to play there. We were much better overall with Alzate and Bissouma in centre midfield. Also think Trossard is wasted up front, either play him in his correct position or not at all. Would also like to see Welbeck from the start.

Still not not entirely sure Ryan deserved to be dropped but likewise Sanchez was solid and did nothing wrong so deserves to keep the shirt now.

March is the big concern, that injury didn't look good and Bernardo is no where near good enough to replace him at LWB so if March isn't fit then we will have to change shape and go for a back 4. Assuming at this stage all players are fit and there are no disciplinary issues and no one has Covid!:

---------------Sanchez
------White - Veltman - Webster
Lamptey - Alzate - Bissouma - March
----Lallana - Welbeck - Trossard

Subs: Ryan - Burn - Bernardo - Mac Allister - Gross - Maupay - Connolly

If March is out:

----------------Sanchez
Veltman - White - Webster - Burn
----------Alzate - Bissouma
--Lamptey - Lallana - Trossard
----------------Welbeck

Subs: Ryan - Bernardo - Molumby - Mac Allister - Gross - Maupay - Connolly

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I have a suspicion that March won't make it and Alzate will slot in at LWB as he did at Newcastle away and a few other games last season.

Lamptey played on so is likely to be fit.

Up front, f knows

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm assuming, no March, Maupay or Connolly

---------------Sanchez
------Webster Veltman Burn
Lamptey White Bissouma Alzate
------------Gross Lallana
--------------Wellbeck

Ryan, Bernardo, Molumby, Trossard, MacAllister, Zaquiri

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Here's how I expect Potter to line us up,

---------------Lamptey---------------
----Ryan--Maupay--Bissouma--
---------------Gross------------------
----Alzate----Lallana----Zeqiri----
---------------Cashman-------------
--------Veltman----Propper-------

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Personally, I would get back to the formation which most suited us at the start of the season (with the goalkeeper change, which has been overdue);

Sanchez
White Veltman Webster
Lamptey Bissouma Alzate Burn
Lallana Trossard
Welbeck

I like Ben White, but he doesn't offer as much in midfield as Alzate does and giving Maupay a break isn't the worst idea in the world. I'd like to see Davy Propper getting a chance in the side again, I think he's very well suited to the fluid system and football we want to play. I think we've gone very Hughton with the defensive line ups and we need to break clean.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally, I would get back to the formation which most suited us at the start of the season (with the goalkeeper change, which has been overdue);

Sanchez
White Veltman Webster
Lamptey Bissouma Alzate Burn
Lallana Trossard
Welbeck

I like Ben White, but he doesn't offer as much in midfield as Alzate does and giving Maupay a break isn't the worst idea in the world. I'd like to see Davy Propper getting a chance in the side again, I think he's very well suited to the fluid system and football we want to play. I think we've gone very Hughton with the defensive line ups and we need to break clean.

Yes, I think we have to be prepared to risk defeat to get the win as well. Burnley won't dominate the midfield, and won't be running through us so there is less need for a defensive midfielder.

They will undoubtedly be targetting Lamptey in the air so we need to give careful thought the who the right central defender is.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What's the point when he's not very good at it though? He gets dragged out of position for too easily, he's just not a midfielder, he's a centre back and has to play there. We were much better overall with Alzate and Bissouma in centre midfield. Also think Trossard is wasted up front, either play him in his correct position or not at all. Would also like to see Welbeck from the start.

Still not not entirely sure Ryan deserved to be dropped but likewise Sanchez was solid and did nothing wrong so deserves to keep the shirt now.

March is the big concern, that injury didn't look good and Bernardo is no where near good enough to replace him at LWB so if March isn't fit then we will have to change shape and go for a back 4. Assuming at this stage all players are fit and there are no disciplinary issues and no one has Covid!:

---------------Sanchez
------White - Veltman - Webster
Lamptey - Alzate - Bissouma - March
----Lallana - Welbeck - Trossard

Subs: Ryan - Burn - Bernardo - Mac Allister - Gross - Maupay - Connolly

If March is out:

----------------Sanchez
Veltman - White - Webster - Burn
----------Alzate - Bissouma
--Lamptey - Lallana - Trossard
----------------Welbeck

Subs: Ryan - Bernardo - Molumby - Mac Allister - Gross - Maupay - Connolly

I don’t think he’s as bad as you’re making out to be honest, and let’s be fair to him, he’s playing in a new position in a new formation with a new midfield partner in a new division. I agree, I’d like to see him in defence primarily but against a team that plays as Burnley do I don’t think having an additional defensive minded player in midfield is a terrible thing.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We could conceivably see a flat back 4 of Veltman White Webster Burn. A midfield of Lamptey Alzate Bissouma Trossard with Lallana behind striker X.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We could conceivably see a flat back 4 of Veltman White Webster Burn. A midfield of Lamptey Alzate Bissouma Trossard with Lallana behind striker X.

I had that thought about the back 4 as well. Wins us a few headers, frees Lamptey and prevents us having to shoehorn a player out of position at LWB. Plausible

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I had that thought about the back 4 as well. Wins us a few headers, frees Lamptey and prevents us having to shoehorn a player out of position at LWB. Plausible

I’m not overly enthused about Bernardo playing left back, certainly not in a 4 anyway. Seems like the safest option, but is it the Potter option? Tune in on Friday folks for a surprise XI.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This. Maybe something like ''does your door lock conform to BS 3621?'

What colour is a mirror?
Why does anything exist?
Is that lipstick on your collar?

All of these have more straightforward answers than, "How will Graham line the boys up next week?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here