Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

team for Brentford

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Worked against Rotherham and Forest, the other option is Manu who is a gamble. It's a shame Hambo can't get himself fit for more than about thirty seconds at a time.

Because it worked against 2 very poor teams that is no guarantee that it would against a better side but I would still go with Murray and Hemed due to the suspension of Baldock.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because it worked against 2 very poor teams that is no guarantee that it would against a better side but I would still go with Murray and Hemed due to the suspension of Baldock.
One of those 'very poor sides' is above both us and Brentford in the table !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stockdale
Bruno Duffy Dunk Pocognoli
Knockaert Kayal Stephens Murphy
March
Murray

Subs: Maenpaa Bong Hunnemeier Norwood LuaLua Skalak Hemed

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak

Murray
Hemed

Subs : Maenpaa, Bong, Hunemeier, Norwood, Murphy, LuaLua, Elvis

do you really think CH will start Pocognoli? Not exactly match fit is he? I expect he will stick with Bong and bring SP (phew!) on for last 20 /30 mins depending on state of the game.

Attacking bench options don't look great do they?!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This time last year, Bongkaz was on fire on the left - time for a return as Kaz really impressed me against Newcastle.

Stockdale
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Knockaert Kayal Stephens Lua Lua
Murphy
Murray

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale
Bruno Duffy Dunk Pocognoli
Knockaert Kayal Stephens Murphy
March
Murray

Subs: Maenpaa Bong Hunnemeier Norwood LuaLua Skalak Hemed

You seem to be the first to include March. I'd be delighted to see him back, but can't see him starting. We've got four games in quick succession, so expect him to be eased back in during that period, coming off the bench, and perhaps starting in the cup game. So, I'd go for:

--------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno ----- Daffy ----- Duck ----- Pocognoli
Knockaert -- Stephens -- Kayal -- Murphy
----------- Hemed ------ Murray ---------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Bong, Hunemeier, Norwood, LuaLua/March, Skalak, Manu

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
------------ Stockdale -------------
Bruno--- Duffy --- Dunk ---Bong
------ Norwood --- Kayal --------
Knocky --- Murphy --- Lua Lua
-------------- Murray --------------

If Hughton goes 4-4-2 then Murphy on the left for Lua Lua and Manu upfront with Murray. Need pace up top and we obviously don't get that with Hemed and Murray together.

Stephens not in as he needs to earn his place back and Bong given another week to get back to form before Pocognoli given a chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
------------ Stockdale -------------
Bruno--- Duffy --- Dunk ---Bong
------ Norwood --- Kayal --------
Knocky --- Murphy --- Lua Lua
-------------- Murray --------------

If Hughton goes 4-4-2 then Murphy on the left for Lua Lua and Manu upfront with Murray. Need pace up top and we obviously don't get that with Hemed and Murray together.

Stephens not in as he needs to earn his place back and Bong given another week to get back to form before Pocognoli given a chance.

Dont agree at all if fit Stephens is a must because it helps bring out the best in Kayal. Norwood has done nothing to suggest that he can fill Stephens place any better than Sidwell. Manu has consistently shown he does not have the ability to play at the standard of the Championship. even as a sub. We need pace up front which will have to be provided by Murphy and Knockaert

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Skalak should be dropped for Murphy. He's not been good recently.

Stephens to come in providing the spoilt brat has sorted his wet pants out

Would drop Stockdale for Maenappa too , he shouldn't of lost his place and DS looking dodgy again IMO

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think there will be changes between the Brentford game and Hudders game anyway but here's my starting 11 (barring injury)

----------------------------Stockdale
------Bruno------Dunk------Duffy-------pokemon
-----Knocky-------Kayal------Stephens------Lua Lua
----------------Murray-----Skalak

Subs: Maenpaa, Bong, BFG, Norwood, Murphy, March, Hemed

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
--------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno ----- Duffy ----- Dunk ----- Bong
Knockaert ----- Sid -- Kayal -- Skalak
----------- Hemed ------ Murray ---------------

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Dont agree at all if fit Stephens is a must because it helps bring out the best in Kayal. Norwood has done nothing to suggest that he can fill Stephens place any better than Sidwell. Manu has consistently shown he does not have the ability to play at the standard of the Championship. even as a sub. We need pace up front which will have to be provided by Murphy and Knockaert

Sidwell hasn't started the season and nailed his place down and the fact that Norwood was in a Championship team of the year and had a good Euro's would suggest he'll do alright. I get Murphy and Knockaert will provide pace, I want more and don't like Murray and Hemed together. I suspect they only started together at the beginning of the season because we only had one recognised centre back and we wanted extra height for defending set pieces. It might be for other reasons obviously but as soon as Duffy came in Baldock went upfront with Murray.

If Hughton chooses not to play Manu, fine, but he's next in line and would like to see how he does playing with the best other 10 players we have and not in our reserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here