Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Bournemouth (h)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'd give Mitoma and Gross the rests. Gross is likely mentally exhausted after an incredible few weeks for him and Mitoma does need to be managed. We can't play him every game, especially with Adingra looking so impressive. I thought Dahoud went under the radar last week but played very well. So Man U but Gilmour for Gross and March for Mitoma (with Adingra moving to the left). That gives us real options off the bench.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I too am resting Gross and Mitoma

----------Verbruggen
Veltman Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
-------Gilmour Dahoud
-March ----- Pedro -----Adingra
-----------Ferguson

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Verbruggen
Veltman Van Hecke Dunk/Igor Estupinan
Dahoud Baleba
Adingra Joao Pedro Fati
Welbeck/Fergie

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Just because someone was poor last night, doesn't mean they are suddenly crap players. All players have random bad games now and again and dropping them isn't necessarily always the answer.

I actually think Mitoma should probably have a rest, but not because he was crap last night, simply because he could do with a rest regardless of last night's performance.

For me...

Verbruggen

Estupinan
Igor/Webster
Van Hecker
Veltman (Lamptey if JV not fit)

Adingra
Dahoud
Gilmour/Baleba if RDZ is feeling brave
Lallana
March

Buonanotte
Welbeck

Off the bench if needed...

Mitoma
Ferguson
Fati
Gross

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
---------------- Verbruggen ----------------
Veltman ---- JPvH ----- Webster ---- Pervis
---------- Gilmour ------ Dahoud ----------
March ------------- Pedro --------- Adingra
------------------- Welbeck -----------------

Potentially bring Lamptey in at RB, and move Veltman to CB instead of JPvH. If RDZ thinks Baleba is ready, wouldn't mind seeing him start, preferably instead of Dahoud. Hopefully Ferguson can get some game time. Although tempted to not start both March and Mitoma, don't think we'll do it with both. Can't see Fati starting given his injury problems coupled with the fact that he played 105 mins last night. This is on the assumption that Gross and Dunk won't be playing -- see RDZ press conference.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hmmm it will be intersting to see who the gaffer goes for, with Dunk unlikely to be risked, and injury concerns regarding Gross and Milner, l would be tempted to start with the following . . .

Verbruggen
Lamptey - Van Hecke - Igor - Estupinian
Gilmour - Lallana
March - Ansu Fati - Adringra
Ferguson

Bench of Steele, Veltman, Webster, Dahood, Bounanotte, Joao Pedro, Welbeck.

It could be said that several of those players perhaps don't deserve to be included after their performances on Thursday night, but the likes of Igor and Ansu Fati aren't bad players, and will only get better by playing more minutes on the pitch. Mitoma has played a lot of football recently though, and perhaps he can stand down for today's game.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Verbruggen
Veltman van Hecke Webster Estupinan
Dahoud Gilmour
Fati Joao Pedro Adingra
Welbeck

As others have said, time to rest a few - Solly, Gross, Mitoma for instance. Have them on the bench with Ferguson and Lamptey as potential impact subs. Give Baleba his debut at Chelsea on Wednesday.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Wow Webster has one bad game (ok really bad game) and no one picks him anymore. Crazy. He was class last season (when fit)
Including De Zerbi.
I was surprised that in Dunk's absence, Igor+ JPVH was deemed the best option.
Either Webster has gone down in RDZ's estimation a lot, or there are concerns about his fitness.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Probably go with this line up, wether or not the manager takes my advice is up to him,but he'd be silly not to tweak his system to fit my team in on Sunday.

Bart
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Estupinan
Gilmour
Buonanotte
Mitoma
Fati
Pedro
Ferguson

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Including De Zerbi.
I was surprised that in Dunk's absence, Igor+ JPVH was deemed the best option.
Either Webster has gone down in RDZ's estimation a lot, or there are concerns about his fitness.
Have to agree with this, just hope it is a temporary concern with fitness. He is a good player

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just because someone was poor last night, doesn't mean they are suddenly crap players. All players have random bad games now and again and dropping them isn't necessarily always the answer.

I actually think Mitoma should probably have a rest, but not because he was crap last night, simply because he could do with a rest regardless of last night's performance.

For me...

Verbruggen

Estupinan
Igor/Webster
Van Hecker
Veltman (Lamptey if JV not fit)

Adingra
Dahoud
Gilmour/Baleba if RDZ is feeling brave
Lallana
March

Buonanotte
Welbeck

Off the bench if needed...

Mitoma
Ferguson
Fati
Gross
That would be unique - a 4-5-2 formation.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Verbruggen, Veltman, Van Hecke, Webster (or Dunk), Estupinan, Gilmour, Dahoud (or Baleba), March, Pedro, Adingra, Welbeck (or Ferguson)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here