Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Ajax

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
obviously a few days away, but i think it’s an interesting dilemma. with the injuries we have, we can’t really rotate too much without a big drop in quality, but we really need to win both games next week.

any word on how bad lamptey’s warmup injury was? and also should groß be dropped for the ajax game, having been poor in the last two, in spite of the fact that he always has a goal/assist in him?

i’m thinking something like:

steele
veltman - webster - dunk - igor
baleba - dahoud
adingra - pedro - mitoma
fati​

but again that’s asking mitoma to play twice within a couple of days, also tbh i’d save JPVH for sheff u, to deal with mcburnie. in any normal circumstances, adingra would be dropped as i thought he was very poor on saturday, but we don’t have anyone else to play there. and would buonanotte be better off starting against ajax, as he had a decent cameo again them at home? tough one as we need to beat ajax, but also sheff u is very winnable and we need to end our current winless run in the league. and a clean sheet in either would of course be nice.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Verbruggen

Veltman
Dunk
Igor
Groß

Dahoud
Gilmour

Bounoanotte
Joao Pedro
Mitoma

Fati

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
4 full days recovery from Everton, but game on Sunday. Tricky again.

Keeper

Veltman
Dunk
Webster
Igor

Adingra
Groß
Baleba
Mitoma

Fati
Joao Pedro

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
Verbruggen

Veltman
Dunk
Igor
Groß

Dahoud
Gilmour

Bounoanotte
Joao Pedro
Mitoma

Fati
thought gilmour was very poor on saturday. and i think if buonanotte plays, it has to be in the 10. otherwise i think that’s good. not sure groß has that much experience on the left, however

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
despite what i wrote above, is it maybe time to give fergie a start in europe? granted he wasn’t great against everton, but there was next to no service. would like to see him paired with JP more, they worked very well against newcastle.

Nicks

We look far more dangerous and fluid up front with Pedro and Fati.
Ajax will park the bus again so we need quick passing movement and this suits these two.
Steele in goal, same back four that started at Everton .
Baleba and Pascal in the middle with same wide men that also started against Everton, keeping their full backs out side so giving Pedro and Fati room to do their damage ( hopefully)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Adingra plays I think he needs a biggie.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
4 full days recovery from Everton, but game on Sunday. Tricky again.

Keeper

Veltman
Dunk
Webster
Igor

Adingra
Groß
Baleba
Mitoma

Fati
Joao Pedro
Crazy to think that actually the game against Sheffield Utd will be more difficult than a trip to Ajax…but with their success yesterday etc….i think that may well be the case

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Verbruggen

Veltman
JPVH
Dunk
Pervis (i think he’ll be back)

Gross
Baleba

Adingra
Pedro
Mitoma

Fati

Go all out. Win this and it’s more likely than not we’ll be playing European football of some sort after Christmas.
This team is very appealing.

I’ve a feeling that you are right about Pervis too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I see Ajax won 4-1 this afternoon so this game might be a lot tougher than the one ten days ago!
As for the team I’d expect Dunky, Pascal, Karou and any 8 others!😊

Maybe the three Dutchmen to play

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ajax will park the bus again so we need quick passing movement and this suits these two.
Will Ajax park the bus again? It's not their normal style and didn't work out for them last time.

They're under new management and have now won two in a row (admittedly against much weaker teams, having also lost against PSV after us) with their more usual possession style.

Nicks

Will Ajax park the bus again? It's not their normal style and didn't work out for them last time.

They're under new management and have now won two in a row (admittedly against much weaker teams, having also lost against PSV after us) with their more usual possession style.
Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be an open game which suits us more

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Crazy to think that actually the game against Sheffield Utd will be more difficult than a trip to Ajax…but with their success yesterday etc….i think that may well be the case
Don't agree. Not by a long shot. This is away to Ajax who have just won their last 2 and with a squad that's been assembled for more than 150m.

Sheff utd at home will be a lot easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here