Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Dick or Team Tony?

Are you 'Team Dick' or 'Team Tony'?

• Team Dick

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Team Tony

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Team stuff is nonsense. Both have done massive amounts for the Albion and should be respected.

Votes: 180 80.0%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd always go with the maxim -

Where would we have been without Tony? We'd have been in very serious trouble.
Where would we have been without Dick? We wouldn't have had a club to be in serious trouble.

Point is - the argument is always meaningless; one would have no place without the other.

Would the Blooms have not stepped in had Dick not come on board? I don't believe we would have ceased to exist.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Would the Blooms have not stepped in had Dick not come on board? I don't believe we would have ceased to exist.

Why didn't they join the consortium at the time then? God knows we could have used the money.

D

Deleted member 2719

Dick :bla::bla::bla:

Tony :cool::cool::cool:

Dick is a Legend ................................in his own mind and doesn't he keep telling everyone.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why didn't they join the consortium at the time then? God knows we could have used the money.

I don't know. Maybe they were unwilling to lead from the front at that point? I do find it odd that we needed a relative outsider when they had cash.

Maybe they were waiting in the wings and dick was the preferred option for them?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't know. Maybe they were unwilling to lead from the front at that point? I do find it odd that we needed a relative outsider when they had cash.

Don't forget that Ray Bloom was on Archer's board. And they didn't have the sort of money that TB has since accumulated.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't forget that Ray Bloom was on Archer's board. And they didn't have the sort of money that TB has since accumulated.

Puzzling as to how it all worked out in those days. Why was Ray the last to jump? Did he trust them?

They are a very wealthy family. I'm sure they had more, collectively, than Dick ever had, in those days.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here