Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Dick or Team Tony?

Are you 'Team Dick' or 'Team Tony'?

• Team Dick

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Team Tony

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Team stuff is nonsense. Both have done massive amounts for the Albion and should be respected.

Votes: 180 80.0%

• Total voters

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
How much do you think the club
will be worth in the prem ??
Two years ago West brom were valued at 125 mil if Brighton get to the prem I would like to think We would be worth as much as them if not a bit more ??

Before or after the Stadium has been paid for and other debts and liabilities paid off?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't have any spare mud to fling, and i certainly wouldn't do so in the direction of Dick Knight, a piped legend, or for our current governor who i have mostly iron faith in.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
In the words of the old song, they are a bit like Love and marriage, they go together like a horse and carriage: "You can't have one without the other"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If I had Tony's money I would do exactly the same thing as he has done. However, Dick was instrumental in saving us.

Different times call for different people. We have been incredibly lucky to have two brilliant Chairman following each other.

It's no great surprise that they do not see eye-to-eye. They are both very determined people and invariably they will see their own was as the right way, that is why they are so successful.

Well said. I was considering posting something about "Horses for Courses" - i.e. different types of chairmen for different situations. Dick did what he had to and could do. Tony is taking it to a different level.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A BIG Dick, for me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
TB is a very rich man, but legend? That title needs to be earned.

FFS! What is it with people today? So many ready to start a fight in an empty room around here.

There is NO choice between these two men. Dick Knight saved the club and Tony Bloom has secured its future. There is no doubting the Legend status of either. In my opinion anyone who seriously doubts that is an idiot.

The ability of some posters on NSC to turn molehills into mountains is quite simply astounding sometimes.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm sure most of us would be here supporting AFC Brighton & Hove, though probably in the Isthmian league or similar.

Is that a Whoooosh I hear?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TB is a very rich man, but legend? That title needs to be earned.

Ridiculous. TB isn't a legend for HAVING £150m spare. He's a legend for choosing to pour it all down a big hole, to safeguard the future of our football club.

And he was doing so LONG before his name was over the door.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Before or after the Stadium has been paid for and other debts and liabilities paid off?

What I was saying Bloom will someday want his money back so the money wasn't out of his pocket like some on here are saying
it's a business deal for him

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Team Tony

Lets get real dick knight did a great job saving this club, but the dream would never have come true with Tony Bloom investment

Being mischievous, you could argue , where was blooms millions when dick and the rest of us were trying to get rid of archer...old man bloom was on the board at the time, but didn't put himself up as a dk / saviour character?

Just a thought at 6:15 am in Houston struggling to sleep!:wave:

That is not to say I am at all ungrateful of what th has done, however this anti knight revisionist history is very distasteful....a bit like eating alligator.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What I was saying Bloom will someday want his money back so the money wasn't out of his pocket like some on here are saying
it's a business deal for him

TB isn't an idiot. If his investment in the Albion was a 'business deal', it would be the worst, most ill-advised business deal of his life. Bloom has thrown that money away, for the love of the club. He might one day see SOME of it back, but he's well aware that equally, he might not.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Ridiculous. TB isn't a legend for HAVING £150m spare. He's a legend for choosing to pour it all down a big hole, to safeguard the future of our football club.

And he was doing so LONG before his name was over the door.

It's a business deal for him If not why didn't he buy in when dk did ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, only one way to sort this out.

fight.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here