Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Bedwetter or Team Rosy Spectacles?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It is extraordinary with the evolution of man, the vocabulary we have and coming from a nation of Shakespeare and Keats, now in the 21st century, the best we can come up with to criticise people is " bedwetter " Anyone that has ever used that phrase should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Some men there are love not a gaping pig,
Some that are mad if they behold a cat,
And others, when the bagpipe sings i' th' nose,
Cannot contain their urine.
- The Merchant of Venice

If Shakespeare was on NSC he would be calling out bedwetters as well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm Team Go With the Flow.

Looking forward to next season, marquee signings or not. Firmly believe the club is being run in the right way in order to be financially sustainable. Fans demanding success by putting more and more pressure on leeds only one way....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Team Rosy Specs....(is that the same as the lickers?).......that sounds like me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Team Rosy Specs....(is that the same as the lickers?).......that sounds like me.
Had a bed wetter started the thread I'm sure it would have been:-

Team Realist or Team Licker.

As it is I started the thread I get to choose, and I'm Team Rosy Specs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Had a bed wetter started the thread I'm sure it would have been:-

Team Realist or Team Licker.

As it is I started the thread I get to choose, and I'm Team Rosy Specs.
Brilliant I'm definitely a TRS.

:thumbsup:

or licker...either is good

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It is extraordinary with the evolution of man, the vocabulary we have and coming from a nation of Shakespeare and Keats, now in the 21st century, the best we can come up with to criticise people is " bedwetter " Anyone that has ever used that phrase should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
Another piss soaked mattress.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Another piss soaked mattress.

wet-bed.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'll stop using it if you give me a good enough alternative.

Team Getting Anxious vs Team Suitably Confident? Nothing wrong with them and doesn't use a pathetic phrase you'd expect to hear from a 4 year old. Why does there need to be such a division anyway, we all the same thing for the club, just a shame that those who are a little concerned about transfer dealings thus far get labelled and crucified. Live and let live ffs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why wasn't this a public poll? I feel cheated, monumental failure by the OP.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Team Getting Anxious vs Team Suitably Confident? Nothing wrong with them
I wasn't referring to team names.

just a shame that those who are a little concerned about transfer dealings thus far get labelled and crucified.
We all get concerned about the dealings. There's a huge difference between those who are a little concerned, and those who act like a 4 year old that's had her toy taken away.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
TRS for me.

Not worried in the slightest. There will be a few bumped threads on Sept 2nd and a lot of people (bed wetters) getting fat on humble pie.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I wasn't referring to team names.

We all get concerned about the dealings. There's a huge difference between those who are a little concerned, and those who act like a 4 year old that's had her toy taken away.

My suggestion for using the word anxious was meant as a valid replacement for that pathetic phrase you asked for, however considering the thread we're in I put in to context by using team names, quite simple.

The only difference is that those that are content simply will not tolerate anybody sharing their negative thoughts on here, and as and when they do they are met with that phrase and other condescending remarks, much like your response you just provided :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Team Getting Anxious vs Team Suitably Confident? Nothing wrong with them and doesn't use a pathetic phrase you'd expect to hear from a 4 year old. Why does there need to be such a division anyway, we all the same thing for the club, just a shame that those who are a little concerned about transfer dealings thus far get labelled and crucified. Live and let live ffs.
If those with concerns were just a little concerned about transfer dealings thus far there would be no need for pathetic childish phrases, and most of us would be all in and around the same boat.
As it doesn't stop there, pathetic childish phrases such as bedwetters is a good summation of the responses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here