Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team (and formation) to beat Crystal Palace

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's not my memory of Wolves, particularly the second half when they had the best chances
Actually to be fair - yep, agreed. Wolves was more even with them having the better of the 2nd half. Quite a dull old game - forgotten it already !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Looks like Eze will be out tomorrow and there's a late check on Olise.

Here's BBC Sport's round up of Roy's Press conference

via https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace

• Hodgson confirmed Eberechi Eze is "going shortly for a scan" after feeling tightness in his hamstring against Sheffield United.
  • He is "presuming and hoping" Michael Olise will be fine to play on Saturday as he was only substituted off as a precaution with "muscle fatigue".
  • Club captain Joel Ward "is getting close" to a matchday return and is expected to join in with first-team training from Monday.
  • New signings Adam Wharton and Daniel Munoz are available to play Brighton.
  • On midfielder Wharton, who joined from Blackburn Rovers for an initial fee of £18m, Hodgson said: "He has all the qualities for a player that we're looking for in that position. It’s an excellent signing for the club in the short term and long term."
  • Palace did pursue a deal for West Ham's Maxwel Cornet on transfer deadline day but "they weren’t prepared to let him go" in the end, which Hodgson described "as a pity."
  • He anticipates a difficult encounter at Amex Stadium where Brighton are unbeaten in nine Premier League matches: "The derby-type rivalry adds an extra kick to it.But whether that kick is there or not, whenever you go to play Brighton, especially away from home, you know that you are in for a tough game."

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m very worried about Palace copying Luton’s tactics with a high block and press.

We need to be able to lob the ball over their press to the sort of players who will terrify their defenders.

My new formation should do the trick. Just need 6 players back.

———————-Steele————————
Veltman—JPvH———-Dunk—Estupinán
———————Baleba————————
March—Adingra—Enciso—Barco—Mitoma

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
A GK
Hinsh JPVH Dunk Pervis
Gross Gilmour
Facundo Welbeck JP
Ferguson

Welbeck has to play. He's been great since his return and just seems to 'get it'.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’m very worried about Palace copying Luton’s tactics with a high block and press.

We need to be able to lob the ball over their press to the sort of players who will terrify their defenders.

My new formation should do the trick. Just need 6 players back.

———————-Steele————————
Veltman—JPvH———-Dunk—Estupinán
———————Baleba————————
March—Adingra—Enciso—Barco—Mitoma
I’d start lamptey on one of the wing and instruct him to come inside for a hoof run on against their back line

We can’t piss about at the back from the off, need something different whilst the tone of the game is established

Can’t stomach the thought of an early palace goal today

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Keeper - whoever is more likely to come for crosses and command area, Bart think edges this

Need some physicality in the middle today - baleba has to start for me. I’m not worried about his one touch pass ability, his job today is to break up play and keep posession

Anti-pissabout
Worried about the first 15 mins and our lack of effective plan b. We need an outlet over the top. None of our forward line are particularly gifted in holding up play effectively so it has to be a through ball over the top, lamptey / Welbz or both down the wings and coming in the middle for through balls

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Agreed on all that. but then in which case why didn't the almighty Palace sweep Sheff Utd aside ?
And we really did outplay West Ham and should have won. All over them.
But we didn’t beat them, nor did we score a league goal in January, which I believe is the point @macbeth was trying to make. Since we’ve lost all of our wingers (nobody’s fault) we’ve become pretty toothless, we’re relatively easy to defend against as we’ve completely lost RDZ’s identity. This will play perfectly into Roy’s miserable tactics.
The sooner we get some width the season can get back on track, but until then we’re treading water.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
A back 4 please, but I’m more than happy for the team dynamic to change when in possession, providing we have pace in wide midfield to cover runners. I’d be tempted to try Lamptey and Pervis further forward if Pedro isn’t fit to start. Keen to get Lallana involved in the 10 role again, even if just for the first half.

—————————Bart
Hinshwood, Van Hecke, Dunk (c), Igor
——————-Gross, Gillmour
————Lamptey, Lallana, Pervis
———————- Welbeck

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
—————————- Bart ————————
Lamptey —— Dunk —— JPVH —- Estupinian
———- Gross —— Baleba —— Gilmour ——
————————- Pedro ————————-
———— Ferguson ———— Welbeck ———-

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If RDZ continues with the back three (which aims at using wing backs to provide width in the absence of wingers, I get that) then he has to play Pervis on the left of the three, not as left wing back. Otherwise he disappears up the wing and is never seen again in defence. Also I’m fed up with Buonanotte continually going down or appealing to the ref at the smallest contact. He has played in England long enough to know that won’t work.

Verbruggen

JPVH. Dunk. Estupinan

Hinsh. Gross. Gilmour. Lamptey

Moder. Welbeck

Ferguson/Pedro

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be fantastic if they did because palace can't do it, don't have the players for it and have never trained for it.

The only way this game won't be 1-1 would be if palace tried to copy Luton.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
—————————- Bart ————————
Lamptey —— Dunk —— JPVH —- Estupinian

—————————- Bart ————————
Lamptey —— JPVH—— Dunk —- Estupinian
One slight change for me!

mile oak

May 21, 2023
If fit Welbeck must start amd Adam L. Gutted Milner out for while has been superb lately.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This lot are doing OK...

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
this is an incredibly pessimistic comment but i honestly do not feel, with the players we currently have available, that there’s really any lineup we can put out that will consistently cause them many issues. expecting the usual lots of possession but very little creativity/penetration.

strategy to win is pretty much pray we don’t self-destruct at the back and that eze/olise don’t produce anything special, and hope we get a penalty (fat chance with hooper as the ref) or just eventually break them down with sheer persistence and some good centre forward play, like at selhurst
you’re welcome ☺️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here