Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team (and formation) to beat Crystal Palace

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Isn't the press conference imminent? Hard to do this until we know Pedro's situation.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
this is an incredibly pessimistic comment but i honestly do not feel, with the players we currently have available, that there’s really any lineup we can put out that will consistently cause them many issues. expecting the usual lots of possession but very little creativity/penetration.

strategy to win is pretty much pray we don’t self-destruct at the back and that eze/olise don’t produce anything special, and hope we get a penalty (fat chance with hooper as the ref) or just eventually break them down with sheer persistence and some good centre forward play, like at selhurst

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bart

Hinsh JPvH Dunk Pervis

Baleba or Moder Gimour
Gross

Pedro Facundo
Welbz

4-3-3 - win the middle of the park

Nicky Rust Fan Club

Sep 26, 2020
Perth, Australia
I agree Bozza. We are playing a back three because we havent got wingers but I'd like to see
perhaps Baker-Boaitey given a chance on the right and Welbeck on the left and a return to the back four.

I'd also like to see Lallana start in the 10.

Something like

Steele
Hinsh JPVH Dunk Estupinan
WBG Gross
Lallana
BBB Ferguson Welbeck

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
this is an incredibly pessimistic comment but i honestly do not feel, with the players we currently have available, that there’s really any lineup we can put out that will consistently cause them many issues. expecting the usual lots of possession but very little creativity/penetration.

strategy to win is pretty much pray we don’t self-destruct at the back and that eze/olise don’t produce anything special, and hope we get a penalty (fat chance with hooper as the ref) or just eventually break them down with sheer persistence and some good centre forward play, like at selhurst
Didn't we outplay Wolves and West Ham and batter Spurs, Sheff Utd, Stoke with this squad/line up ?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Didn't we outplay Wolves and West Ham and batter Spurs, Sheff Utd, Stoke with this squad/line up ?
spurs much more open than palace, sheff u and stoke a lot worse defensively than palace and we failed to score against both west ham and stoke. also i’m pretty sure someone said Joao Pedro was injured? he scored 7 of the 13 goals we scored in those games.

i think it’s a fair assumption given how well we played recently, i just think without wingers it’s going to be very difficult to create anything centrally against a palace side who are going to pack that area of the pitch

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I thought that pre-Spurs, and we won 4-2.... Yet more proof that I know nothing about football

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
spurs much more open than palace, sheff u and stoke a lot worse defensively than palace and we failed to score against both west ham and stoke. also i’m pretty sure someone said Joao Pedro was injured? he scored 7 of the 13 goals we scored in those games.

i think it’s a fair assumption given how well we played recently, i just think without wingers it’s going to be very difficult to create anything centrally against a palace side who are going to pack that area of the pitch
Pedro came off (probably precautionary) after a silly tackle on Tuesday but he wasn't strapped up and didn't go down the tunnel for treatment. And RDZ "hoped" he'd be ok. We'll know at the press conference in an hour. Of course we're all nervous about tomorrow but blimey. Its only Palace.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I agree Bozza. We are playing a back three because we havent got wingers but I'd like to see
perhaps Baker-Boaitey given a chance on the right and Welbeck on the left and a return to the back four.

I'd also like to see Lallana start in the 10.

Something like

Steele
Hinsh JPVH Dunk Estupinan
WBG Gross
Lallana
BBB Ferguson Welbeck
A Nicky Rust fan picking Steele is pretty much spot on.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Don't play Igor.............

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know I'm sometimes the half empty answer to your half full, but you could look at it like we conceded four goals added up to a Championship side and a side who might as well be back in the Championship already and failed to create any width or look like scoring against West Ham and Wolves.

The 3 at the back nonsense leaves gaps EXACTLY where Olise and Eze will want them, and they're the only two good players.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A return to 4 at the back

Lamptey if he's fit. Hinsh if not

Baleba in. He is our midfield future and we now need to invest in him. Gross in a wider forward position

This is the wrong game for Buonanotte. Pedro in the centre hunting for spaces

45 mins for Moder. 45 for Milner at left wing

---------------Verbruggen
Lamptey ---Van Hecke --Dunk --- Estupinan
-----------Gilmour ----Baleba
Gross ------------------------Moder
-----------------Pedro
----------------Welbeck

Steele / Hinshelwood / Webster / Igor / Lallana / Milner / Baker Boaity / Buonanotte / Ferguson

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I know I'm sometimes the half empty answer to your half full, but you could look at it like we conceded four goals added up to a Championship side and a side who might as well be back in the Championship already and failed to create any width or look like scoring against West Ham and Wolves.

The 3 at the back nonsense leaves gaps EXACTLY where Olise and Eze will want them, and they're the only two good players.
Agreed on all that. but then in which case why didn't the almighty Palace sweep Sheff Utd aside ?
And we really did outplay West Ham and should have won. All over them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here