Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TB and the board

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Now that is encouraging to hear, I wonder if they'll be saying something similar to the fans at large, I hope they are going to be big enough to do that. Bin the spin for the moment.

He and Barber have said likewise in the last few weeks on YouTube, in a argus interview, on albion roar , bbc Sussex, and in fan forums and the programme. What more are you after ?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Manager, assistant and 1st coach all defenders but other than Mark Hughes I am struggling to think of a decent present day manager who was a striker a few midfielders but not strikers.

Take aside present day managers. Alex Ferguson played upfront.

On paper, he actually was a pretty decent striker.

......................................................Apps .........Goals

1957–1960 Queen's Park.................31..............(15)
1960–1964 St. Johnstone..................37 .............(19)
1964–1967 Dunfermline Athletic........ 89.............(66)
1967–1969 Rangers..........................41..............25)
1969–1973 Falkirk .............................95 .............(37)
1973–1974 Ayr United ........................24 .............(9)

Total................................................ 317...............(171)

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Big picture thinking... ultimately it doesn't matter if we are relegated. Yes, a lot of fans will be p*ssed off, the club's revenues will drop and we'll have an uphill struggle to get back to where we are now. But we will be playing league football, in a ground that is in the city and fit for purpose, with a top-of-the-range academy which WILL produce quality players who will bring in both results and money in the long term.

Nobody has sold our home to developers, the club aren't going into administration causing financial problems for numerous local business who will only get 2p in the £ on their debts and there isn't a vote due by the FL on whether we can continue to be a functioning, professional football club.

We've been relegated before and, as sure as eggs are eggs, we will be relegated again at some time in the future. It never has and it will never will be the thing that kills this club.

Reality check... This has been a sh*t season with drab, unexciting football, poor squad additions and dismal results (and I really can't wait for it to be over - I've hated it). But, ffs... we have had worse seasons than this!

I can agree with your big picture thinking, but I do not set the same store in the academy as many. From what I read on here, I would be forgiven that we are the only club with an academy, this is not the case and I can't see that the premiership and championship are flooded with ex academy players on their first full time contract. The return on the academy is a gamble, the good players may break into our own squad, exceptional players will be sold but not for their full value as they will only be worth potential and not actual. I personally feel that the academy has been overstated and is an over simplification of an aspiration.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
But I think it's been proven by now, doesn't matter what striker we sign, we will **** them up!!

CMS, Baldock, COG, (okay Leon Best was ****ed before he came here), but signing strikers and playing them on the wing is the issue.

The only striker to buck the trend was Leo, and I still think he would have scored a lot more last season, if he was used correctly, and not as an isolated striker for bug chunks of it!

Your so right, we've become a strikers graveyard. leo was maybe different as he could hardly have been played on the wing and became the sole attention of our midfield and focus on goal scoring. We're not all managers or ex pros, but many of us have watched football for many year and understand the game and can see that we have misused and failed to supply our strikers. Many will deride CMS, COG and Baldock, practice makes perfect, but how many opportunities have they been afforded this year, very , very few. Harry Kane has scored 30 goal this year, but he has also missed any more opportunities than he has scored.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Theo Walcott , Oxo Chamber pot and Luke Shaw are good examples of what the academy has done for Southampton if we can follow suit we will benefit but possibly not during my life time but hopefully so.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd imagine that any owner would be a bit pissed off at having to honour the contracts, loan or otherwise, of several players that don't seem to have been applying themselves since the Blackburn game. At least a fair few of them will be on their way in a couple of weeks.
If Blackburn win tomorrow, I'd send the loanees back by midnight. No reason to play any of them again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He and Barber have said likewise in the last few weeks on YouTube, in a argus interview, on albion roar , bbc Sussex, and in fan forums and the programme. What more are you after ?

They've said WE'VE ( that is Mr Bloom and Mr Barber) got plenty of things wrong this season? Really? I apologise then but I haven't seen anything that states that. I'd like to see one of these statements where they accept the responsibility, rather than blaming someone else.

Isn't that you being rather needy?

I don't need 'reassurance' from TB or PB or CH in my life.

As for showing 'care'. Grow a pair FFS. It's sport, entertainment, not a critical part of life.

Entertainment?
Have you been to a game this season?
It's the most boring,turgid pile of horses **** I've ever witnessed in 35 years following the Albion,made even worse by a board that has ripped the heart and soul out of the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brian Clough was quite good

As I said managers today but for the 2 mentioned you could name numerous defenders or midfielders. The only one I can think of is Mark Hughes obviously if you gio back to the like of Dalgleish Revie but they like the others were exceptions. It is also worth noting that they all managed top clubs there are very few of the run of the mill managers that we would employ about.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd imagine that any owner would be a bit pissed off at having to honour the contracts, loan or otherwise, of several players that don't seem to have been applying themselves since the Blackburn game. At least a fair few of them will be on their way in a couple of weeks.
If Blackburn win tomorrow, I'd send the loanees back by midnight. No reason to play any of them again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why? We would not be definitely safe, probably but not definitely so wait until Saturday evening.

Yes we would. There is no way that Millwall could overcome that goal difference in 2 games against decent opposition.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes we would. There is no way that Millwall could overcome that goal difference in 2 games against decent opposition.
Yes - we're not going to lose both matches by more than 5-0, and Millwall won't win their two by more than 5-0 (and 5-0s all round would still see us safe). We all know that. Well, all except one of us ...... best just leave it!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They've said WE'VE ( that is Mr Bloom and Mr Barber) got plenty of things wrong this season? Really? I apologise then but I haven't seen anything that states that. I'd like to see one of these statements where they accept the responsibility, rather than blaming someone else.

me too

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
not spend a lot more money .............just spend it a little more wisely

Well that's what I hope for. However, those calling for money being spent don't define it as being strategically spent (like how Peterborough have done) and just seem to be calling for money just to be spent. Hoping that cures the problem, rather than targeted and more intelligent recruitment.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
But I think it's been proven by now, doesn't matter what striker we sign, we will **** them up!!

CMS, Baldock, COG, (okay Leon Best was ****ed before he came here), but signing strikers and playing them on the wing is the issue.

The only striker to buck the trend was Leo, and I still think he would have scored a lot more last season, if he was used correctly, and not as an isolated striker for bug chunks of it!

We played him on the wing because Lua Lua was injured and no one else could play there.

Are you stupid or are you just fishing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here