Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TB and the board

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I spoke to both TB and his brother, at some length, in Wigan and they are both very pissed off and very concerned. From the horses the answer is you're wrong, a crueller person would say, yet again.

Interesting - what is it they are exactly pissed off with though. Seeing as they appointed Hyypia and then sat on their hands refusing to sack him and in fact came out with a statement stating that he was the right man for the job and would be going nowhere as they wouldn't bow to the pressure from fans to get shot of him. Are they pissed of with the players because again they came out early doors and said how pleased they were with the squad and that the fans would be too. Not having a dig at you just be interesting to know exactly what it is they are pissed off with.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Was it really that bad a decision. Hindsight is a marvellous thing. Kermorgant 79 goals in 391 appearances and aged 32 whereas Baldock's record was 72 goals in 208 and aged only 25 (records at the end of last season taken from Wiki). Kermorgant didn't actually hit the heights in French football.

Of course it was a ridiculous decision, look how many he has scored this season and how many Baldock scored AND THEN went and broke his bloody leg so he can't even play. I'll prove it by highlighting all the opportunities we miss in this summer's transfer window at the end of next season :wink:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Interesting - what is it they are exactly pissed off with though. Seeing as they appointed Hyypia and then sat on their hands refusing to sack him and in fact came out with a statement stating that he was the right man for the job and would be going nowhere as they wouldn't bow to the pressure from fans to get shot of him. Are they pissed of with the players because again they came out early doors and said how pleased they were with the squad and that the fans would be too. Not having a dig at you just be interesting to know exactly what it is they are pissed off with.

I'm not going to share the conversation but they are very unhappy with the situation we find ourselves in and recognise that the board have a massive part to play in turning things round.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The attacking element of our team is limited.

That's why we are currently flirting with relegation. We have no pace, no creative players and no goal scorers.

It's **** all to do with the manager.

I may post this many many times in order to get my message across.

How about the manager playing with 2 wide players and more than one up front? Crazy suggestion I know

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
How about the manager playing with 2 wide players and more than one up front? Crazy suggestion I know

We don't have two decent wide players.

We don't have two decent strikers.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I'm not going to share the conversation but they are very unhappy with the situation we find ourselves in and recognise that the board have a massive part to play in turning things round.

Sure. At least they have acknowledged that they themselves have a big part to play in turning it around. Hopefully they will back Hughton (obviously in a sensible way) and we find that magic combo of the right players and right manager. I can imagine they are seriously pissed off not to mention extremely concerned about us slipping down to League1

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I spoke to both TB and his brother, at some length, in Wigan and they are both very pissed off and very concerned. From the horses the answer is you're wrong, a crueller person would say, yet again.

That is very reassuring and has cheered me up immensely, I wish you had posted earlier. At least they appreciate the supporters concerns and the facts that mistakes have been made.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Because it is not fashionable to doubt the board because of what TB has given us. He is God and God cant do wrong or make a mistake.

No that's Mohamad you're thinking of.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Are they taking us supporters for idiots saying that anything is good enough for them doesnt matter if we get relegated. We'll just give them so more flannel.
No. Not at all.

I reckon Tony Bloom is as pissed off as the rest of us with how this season has gone.

Big difference though IMO, is he and the board are largely to blame for it, whereas we just sit here and have take it.

Hopefully him and Houghton have a blinding summer, and we can get back on track in August.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'd imagine that any owner would be a bit pissed off at having to honour the contracts, loan or otherwise, of several players that don't seem to have been applying themselves since the Blackburn game. At least a fair few of them will be on their way in a couple of weeks.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Of course it was a ridiculous decision, look how many he has scored this season and how many Baldock scored AND THEN went and broke his bloody leg so he can't even play. I'll prove it by highlighting all the opportunities we miss in this summer's transfer window at the end of next season :wink:
But I think it's been proven by now, doesn't matter what striker we sign, we will **** them up!!

CMS, Baldock, COG, (okay Leon Best was ****ed before he came here), but signing strikers and playing them on the wing is the issue.

The only striker to buck the trend was Leo, and I still think he would have scored a lot more last season, if he was used correctly, and not as an isolated striker for bug chunks of it!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No. Not at all.

I reckon Tony Bloom is as pissed off as the rest of us with how this season has gone.

Big difference though IMO, is he and the board are largely to blame for it, whereas we just sit here and have take it.

Hopefully him and Houghton have a blinding summer, and we can get back on track in August.

Yeah. He only has 205 million reasons to be pissed off. Wonder why he's fed up. Inexplicable behaviour !!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

So they should. They had a massive part in getting us in the situation we're in, which was thoroughly predictable

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it as plain as the nose on your face? They have, or have had, good managers, while we really have not!!!

The obsession with attendances is almost irrelevant!! How do you reconcile attendance figures versus, say, team spirit?

No, I don't think it is! it might be a bit more complex than that, we apparently have a good manager now and he is making pretty well no difference any more. So it's not just the manager is it?

Remember also that the shower that represent us cost more than any squad in the history of the Albion, allegedly.

We have got it wrong in virtually every way possible on the field this year. I don't think that was just bad luck and I am not as confident/complacent as so many ion here who think it was a glitch that Tony will put right in the summer. We haven't got much right since Gus left, we couldn't even keep his replacement who was one of the few bright spots since IMO.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I'll have a guess at why they're pissed off. They're pissed off because the club means a lot to them, the team aren't playing well, and we're at the bottom end of the Championship.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I'll have a guess at why they're pissed off. They're pissed off because the club means a lot to them, the team aren't playing well, and we're at the bottom end of the Championship.

I think that covers it but they seemed well aware of their part in it and what they need to do. It doesn't seem much fun owning a crap football team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that covers it but they seemed well aware of their part in it and what they need to do. It doesn't seem much fun owning a crap football team.

Now that is encouraging to hear, I wonder if they'll be saying something similar to the fans at large, I hope they are going to be big enough to do that. Bin the spin for the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Appointing a defensive DULLARD as manager was yet another MASSIVE mistake by Bloom

Manager, assistant and 1st coach all defenders but other than Mark Hughes I am struggling to think of a decent present day manager who was a striker a few midfielders but not strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here