Taxi for Jose ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sometimes a single moment or incident can seal a manager's fete - not necessarily immediately, by definitely inevitably. Phil Brown's tenure at Hull, for example, was doomed from the moment he decided to give his team a bollocking at half time on the pitch - that was his fatal defining moment.
Wonder if the Eva Carniero moment will prove to be Jose's?

The Carniero Crack

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sometimes a single moment or incident can seal a manager's fete - not necessarily immediately, by definitely inevitably. Phil Brown's tenure at Hull, for example, was doomed from the moment he decided to give his team a bollocking at half time on the pitch - that was his fatal defining moment.
Wonder if the Eva Carniero moment will prove to be Jose's?

I agree, demoting Eva Carniero was not fair

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
And yet the journos still fall for his every word.

Only now they start by saying "Jose up to his old tricks again ..." before wetting their panties while gouging on another Jose feast.

Here's a thing chaps.
Why don't you just leave Jose alone the moment he saying 'I can't/don't want to talk about it'.
Instead of waiting like the saps you are for the great man to allude at the wrong doings, while saying 'but that's not for me to say'.

Well said

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Chelsea would be mad to get rid of Jose. His overall record in management is second to none.

How many games have they played this season? Despite enjoying the special ones ego taking a beating at the moment, and his laughable excuses in interviews, he will turn it around soon.

Chelsea sacked him before and realised their mistake. Who knows what Roman is thinking though.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Chelsea are just utter scum. A disgrace to football.
That's a well thought and understandable response to Chelsea's problems this season. I shall say the same thing to the many people wearing Chelsea tops in Sussex when I see them.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
That's a well thought and understandable response to Chelsea's problems this season. I shall say the same thing to the many people wearing Chelsea tops in Sussex when I see them.

Be my guest. As someone who lives in London - I think I have the right to say that - after what I've seen.

Can you say the same?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Chelsea are just utter scum. A disgrace to football.
Oh do leave off you plum, there's not a lot of difference between Brighton and Chelsea except Brighton have done things on a smaller scale, Brighton have been through a fair few managers in the last few seasons, they've got a rich new owners, a brand new stadium and 20000 odd new fans that couldn't be arsed to go to withdean, look in the mirror before you start judging others, just imagine what an outcry tossers like you would've raised if someone had sh1t in the away dressing room at Stamford bridge.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh do leave off you plum, there's not a lot of difference between Brighton and Chelsea except Brighton have done things on a smaller scale, Brighton have been through a fair few managers in the last few seasons, they've got a rich new owners, a brand new stadium and 20000 odd new fans that couldn't be arsed to go to withdean, look in the mirror before you start judging others, just imagine what an outcry tossers like you would've raised if someone had sh1t in the away dressing room at Stamford bridge.

So where would those '20000 odd new fans' have sat at Withdean?
As for the dressing room incident, do your homework.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So where would those '20000 odd new fans' have sat at Withdean?
As for the dressing room incident, do your homework.
Don't know about the 20000, but I'm sure withdean could have accommodated 2 or 3000 of them if they could have been bothered to go don't you think ? As for the dressing room incident I'm told it was an ex player who followed the then manager to another job, so what ? My point still stands , there would've been a self righteousness overload had the same thing happened at Stamford bridge . In fact your post just reinforces what I say , apart from being ridiculously stupid in implying that the 20000 didn't go to withdean due to space issues, it just confirms that Brighton have 20000 odd thousand plastic/ JCL' s who didn't go when you had a shit ground and were in league 1.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As for the dressing room incident I'm told it was an ex player who followed the then manager to another job, so what ? My point still stands , there would've been a self righteousness overload had the same thing happened at Stamford bridge .

It was the Palace coach driver.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't know about the 20000, but I'm sure withdean could have accommodated 2 or 3000 of them if they could have been bothered to go don't you think ? As for the dressing room incident I'm told it was an ex player who followed the then manager to another job, so what ? My point still stands , there would've been a self righteousness overload had the same thing happened at Stamford bridge . In fact your post just reinforces what I say , apart from being ridiculously stupid in implying that the 20000 didn't go to withdean due to space issues, it just confirms that Brighton have 20000 odd thousand plastic/ JCL' s who didn't go when you had a shit ground and were in league 1.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt-Abraham Lincoln.

Explain how 20000 'JCL' would have found somewhere to sit in a 6000 capacity 'stadium'? I'll explain to you as if I was talking to somebody stupid-the majority of STHs at The Amex are either long term Albion fans or their kids or grandkids. The majority have family connections with supporting Brighton. Look into why they stopped going.

As for plastics, where did all of your current fans appear from? Mid 80s into the 90s Chelsea struggled to hit 20000 averages so don't give all this 'jcl plastics' shit on here. 1989 average 15,731. Capacity? 42,000. No 'plastics' at Chelsea based on that is there?

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt-Abraham Lincoln.

Explain how 20000 'JCL' would have found somewhere to sit in a 6000 capacity 'stadium'? I'll explain to you as if I was talking to somebody stupid-the majority of STHs at The Amex are either long term Albion fans or their kids or grandkids. The majority have family connections with supporting Brighton. Look into why they stopped going.

As for plastics, where did all of your current fans appear from? Mid 80s into the 90s Chelsea struggled to hit 20000 averages so don't give all this 'jcl plastics' shit on here. 1989 average 15,731. Capacity? 42,000. No 'plastics' at Chelsea based on that is there?
You should probably try taking this advice :lolol: Are you really trying to tell me that 20 odd thousand of your new fans didnt go to withdean because it was sold out ?? No , i didnt think you were , the capacity of Withdean is 8850, the average attendances were
2009-2010 6293
2008-2009 6092
2007-2008 5936
2006-2007 6047
2005-2006 6802
2004-2005 6426
2003-2004 6247
2002-2003 6650

Now forgive me if im wrong that leaves over 2500 empty places on average every game,so why did all these lifelong fans who are '' either long term Albion fans or their kids or grandkids,who have family connections to the albion, '' not make it to withdean ?? I await your answer with interest , you just need to face the truth mate , youre not a lot different to chelsea, just smaller and less successful,i know chelsea have a lot of plastic fans , but i admit it and deal with it, and you need to check your facts before you start posting rubbish like withdean being 6000 capacity , your bullshit is so easily exposed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You should probably try taking this advice :lolol: Are you really trying to tell me that 20 odd thousand of your new fans didnt go to withdean because it was sold out ?? No , i didnt think you were , the capacity of Withdean is 8850, the average attendances were
2009-2010 6293
2008-2009 6092
2007-2008 5936
2006-2007 6047
2005-2006 6802
2004-2005 6426
2003-2004 6247
2002-2003 6650

Now forgive me if im wrong that leaves over 2500 empty places on average every game,so why did all these lifelong fans who are '' either long term Albion fans or their kids or grandkids,who have family connections to the albion, '' not make it to withdean ?? I await your answer with interest , you just need to face the truth mate , youre not a lot different to chelsea, just smaller and less successful,i know chelsea have a lot of plastic fans , but i admit it and deal with it, and you need to check your facts before you start posting rubbish like withdean being 6000 capacity , your bullshit is so easily exposed.
It started out aut at 6000. Extra capacity added later.

No facilities, no roof for the majority, a shit team apart from 3 or 4 years. Away fans stayed away in droves. No bullshit here

You are clearly stupid if you think Withdean was anything other than the worst football experience in the UK that nobody wanted to go to. Very few clubs would have sold it out and Chelsea would definitely not been one of them-especially the pre-Abramovich version.

Why do you non Albion fans always look to Withdean for our average fan base? Last few years at the Goldstone had restricted capacty-you can use that too to try and support your particular brand of bullshit.

Like all clubs, attendances move according to a club's successes, or lack of. To suggest that the current crop of attendees at The Amex are made up of JCLs shows total ignorance on your part.

Our attendances were decimated by 2 years at Gillingham, boycotting and then Withdean. You clearly have no idea what this club is about apart from quoting atendances which begs the question: why are you even on this forum?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It started out aut at 6000. Extra capacity added later.

No facilities, no roof for the majority, a shit team apart from 3 or 4 years. Away fans stayed away in droves. No bullshit here

You are clearly stupid if you think Withdean was anything other than the worst football experience in the UK that nobody wanted to go to. Very few clubs would have sold it out and Chelsea would definitely not been one of them-especially the pre-Abramovich version.

Why do you non Albion fans always look to Withdean for our average fan base? Last few years at the Goldstone had restricted capacty-you can use that too to try and support your particular brand of bullshit.

Like all clubs, attendances move according to a club's successes, or lack of. To suggest that the current crop of attendees at The Amex are made up of JCLs shows total ignorance on your part.

Our attendances were decimated by 2 years at Gillingham, boycotting and then Withdean. You clearly have no idea what this club is about apart from quoting atendances which begs the question: why are you even on this forum?
So basically what your post boils down to is 20,000 fair weather fans ditched the club because of tough times and came back when there was a shiny new stadium and money being spent, that's the long and the short of it, all you've offered is excuses about a shit team and shit stadium, same as Chelsea just on a different scale and a particularly lame one about withdean capacity.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So basically what your post boils down to is 20,000 fair weather fans ditched the club because of tough times and came back when there was a shiny new stadium and money being spent, that's the long and the short of it, all you've offered is excuses about a shit team and shit stadium, same as Chelsea just on a different scale and a particularly lame one about withdean capacity.

Which part of 20000 fitting into 6000 or 8000 seats are you struggling with? Remembering that a thousand or so of those seats were for away fans. When Chelsea were averaging less than 20000 there was at least capacity to accommodate the missing thousands.

You are clearly unaware of what was going on at this club at the time and it has/had feck all to do with 20000 abandoning the club, only to return when the 'shiny new stadium was built'. Your ignorance is astonishing-even for a Chelsea 'fan'.

Bored with you now.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Which part of 20000 fitting into 6000 or 8000 seats are you struggling with? Remembering that a thousand or so of those seats were for away fans. When Chelsea were averaging less than 20000 there was at least capacity to accommodate the missing thousands.

You are clearly unaware of what was going on at this club at the time and it has/had feck all to do with 20000 abandoning the club, only to return when the 'shiny new stadium was built'. Your ignorance is astonishing-even for a Chelsea 'fan'.

Bored with you now.
You really struggle to understand basic concepts , it's not about 20,000 not fitting into withdean, it's the fact that they didn't even try , there were 2500 empty seats on average , even given your dubious figures about away fans being allocated 1000, that still leaves 1500 every game , surely in times of trouble that is when a club needs all the support it can get , the unpalatable fact is that you didn't get it , I know all about the troubles and archer and bellotti so you can't play that card , the simple truth is you're what you profess to despise in Chelsea. And you're not bored, you just realise that you can't keep putting up the same old crap disguised as an argument, it's a get out clause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports