Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for Advocaat ?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I know the perception of long ball is an albatross round his neck, but he was on Sky last season on one of those tactical manager shows talking in-depth about possession stats and he openly admitted West Ham had some of the worst possession stats in the division. He also pointed out that Swansea had the best stats but were still only 9th in the table.

What Hodgson has done with measured success is to make England keep the ball better. The sad thing is he's done pretty well with an ordinary squad and you wonder what Hodgson might have achieved with Sven's side.

He is an analyst and always has been, He realised before many others that a huge percentage of goals came from set pieces, something that seems to have escaped Arsene Wenger for instance. To be fair, other managers cannot go along this route. The top teams have to play wonderful football and entertain. I think England fans would settle for winning! Be honest, if we went to the euros and played hoofball and we won, who would give a monkeys?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is an analyst and always has been, He realised before many others that a huge percentage of goals came from set pieces, something that seems to have escaped Arsene Wenger for instance. To be fair, other managers cannot go along this route. The top teams have to play wonderful football and entertain. I think England fans would settle for winning! Be honest, if we went to the euros and played hoofball and we won, who would give a monkeys?

To play hoofball effectively you need defenders who could pass the ball 50 yards with accuracy, so that's another reason why Sam won't get the England job.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Poor Gus. It appears his premiership dream was just that!

3d31bf179c2efc070d2f4388c4178f0d.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here