Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoos

Do you have Tattoos ?

• Total voters

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Tatoos look great if you have a F#ck off fab body; however, i had an uncle when i was young and his tatoos looked great. Then when he was old and dying of cancer, i looked at his weakend feeble thin body and saw these tatoos on wrinkles old skin and i thought to myself. ''All these people getting tatoos now are one day going to look like this'' Suffice to say I have no intention of having any for that reason

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Pre posting this thread I was wondering if a tattoo removal business would be something that might work. It appears from responses on here that it would go bust in no time :smile:

That or people don't like admitting they were wrong/made a mistake.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tatoos look great if you have a F#ck off fab body; however, i had an uncle when i was young and his tatoos looked great. Then when he was old and dying of cancer, i looked at his weakend feeble thin body and saw these tatoos on wrinkles old skin and i thought to myself. ''All these people getting tatoos now are one day going to look like this'' Suffice to say I have no intention of having any for that reason

Nobody looks good dying of cancer, tattoos or not.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Marine's tattoo reads 'You'll never walk' after amputation

_80820555_tatoo.png

"The tattoo that I have been left with has always been a bit of a joke. I use it in my motivational speeches."
Now the Royal Marine has his sights on a running world record.
"It is ironic that it says I will never walk as I have gone on to run 10 km in 40 minutes.
"At the moment I am just two minutes off a record for the 10 km for a single leg amputee and I have that in my sights."

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive a couple of small tattoos from the navy years, but not that into them as some are these days. Having said that, ive seen the skill used to transform peoples lives who have birthmarks, scars, even following breast removals.
Thought this one was excellent for 'port wine' issue.

Attachments

• 657f7306a5745ce857248c92c495f8cc (1).jpg
    657f7306a5745ce857248c92c495f8cc (1).jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 584

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Tattoos have come along way over the last few decades. The tattoos people get today should stay sharper for much longer. I have no allusions that when I get older and more wrinkled my tattoos will fade and go saggy, but few people look great at that stage of their life, tattooed or not.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It all depends on the design and execution. I hang around with a lot of Burlesque types and some of their tattoos are amazing and enhance the lifestyle as oppose to some council estate slapper with Chinese writing all over her which just looks cheap and nasty.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I do not have tattoos. Don't think I could carry them off to be honest. If done well I think they look great. They are so ubiquitous now though, not having one almost marks you at as the 'alternative'. There are an awful lot of terrible tats out there these days, most of them on footballers.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I did 15 years in the R.N. during the 70s and 80s, and I would estimate about 80% of the lower deck (non officers) had tatts. I haven't any myself, and only met a few, over the age of 30 who didn't regret having them done when younger. Now, it appears to be a different mindset, as far more people have them, and a huge amount of women, it's like a right of passage nowadays

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I don't have one and certainly won't be getting one.

I don't mind the odd small tattoo, some even look pretty good. In general I find them pretty hideous though, especially those tattoo "sleeves" which seem to be quite popular.

For me the 'odd small tattoos' are the worst. The beauty of the human body is its symmetry and there's nothing worse that a woman with, say, a small butterfly tattoo on one shoulder that looks from a distance like a birthmark or bruise. Sleeves on the other hand I love. There's a woman on that tattoo fixers programme who has amazing coverage up her neck to her chin and it looks great.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I did 15 years in the R.N. during the 70s and 80s, and I would estimate about 80% of the lower deck (non officers) had tatts. I haven't any myself, and only met a few, over the age of 30 who didn't regret having them done when younger. Now, it appears to be a different mindset, as far more people have them, and a huge amount of women, it's like a right of passage nowadays

Everybody who said they were not getting them on our ship seemed to end up with them. Myself included. Having said that, some who said they definiately were didnt. My favourite tattoo was the back covering 'fox hunt' with the foxes tail disappearing down the arse crack that was popular at 'Pinkies' in Wanchai.., however all the hunt riders had Chinese features haha

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Everybody who said they were not getting them on our ship seemed to end up with them. Myself included. Having said that, some who said they definiately were didnt. My favourite tattoo was the back covering 'fox hunt' with the foxes tail disappearing down the arse crack that was popular at 'Pinkies' in Wanchai.., however all the hunt riders had Chinese features haha

I knew a stoker who had the Elton John'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' album cover done on his back. It was excellent, done by the tattooist in Chatham, the only problem was he missed out the D in Goodbye. No spell checker in those days.

Have you got Homeward bound, Dave, or The sweetest girl ever kissed?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For me the 'odd small tattoos' are the worst. The beauty of the human body is its symmetry and there's nothing worse that a woman with, say, a small butterfly tattoo on one shoulder that looks from a distance like a birthmark or bruise. Sleeves on the other hand I love. There's a woman on that tattoo fixers programme who has amazing coverage up her neck to her chin and it looks great.

Different strokes for different folks. Not a big fan of tattoos but I can understand the attraction, however a totally tattooed neck looks like mutilation to me, even worse on a previously attractive female.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'd really like a sleeve, but I reckon it'd look a bit shit as I don't think they suit pale folk like myself.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always laugh when I see the young mums with their childrens names and birthdays tattooed on the back of their necks, I mean what's the point of having it where you can't even see it yourself ? Or at least get it put on in reverse so you can look over your shoulder in the mirror and read it whenever you forget a birth date.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
If you think tattoos are bad I came across scarification yesterday. That's gotta hurt?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Generally I'm not a fan, but I've seen one I really like and am thinking of doing the same: One of my mates has the names and birth dates of his kids, fairly small, easily covered, right on the top of his shoulder blade just over his shoulder. Looks class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here