Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoos/Piercings and employment

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm 100% with you on this. I would never hire anyone with visible tattoos or piercings. Piercings turn my stomach to such an extent that I will avoid a check-out line at a store if it means dealing with a pierced face.

What sort of business do you run?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I work in a school and plenty of the staff have visible tattoos. It doesn't appear to affect their ability and it encompasses the ethos of inclusiveness.

"... encompasses the ethos of inclusiveness"? Trying speaking normal English that people can understand instead of that left-wing PC nonsense.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It's a choice thing life is about making choices if you have any ambition to have a decent job tats reduce the chances of archiving that aim it's a choice

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Would you every see Virgin Atlantic or BA employ an air hostess who had massive visible tattoos ?

Or even Easyjet:

"No visible tattoos or body piercing which cannot be covered discreetly"

http://www.easyjetcareers.com/careers-in-the-air/cabin-crew-careers/recruitment-process.aspx

The truth is that a multitude of employers discriminate against people with tats if they can't be covered, or if the wearer won't cover them. This is done for what they consider to be sound commercial reasons - normally along the line of "My customers won't like it".

For the record, I never have - sometimes to the dismay of my Board.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Or even Easyjet:

"No visible tattoos or body piercing which cannot be covered discreetly"

http://www.easyjetcareers.com/careers-in-the-air/cabin-crew-careers/recruitment-process.aspx

The truth is that a multitude of employers discriminate against people with tats if they can't be covered, or if the wearer won't cover them. This is done for what they consider to be sound commercial reasons - normally along the line of "My customers won't like it".

For the record, I never have - sometimes to the dismay of my Board.

I very nearly added Easyjet but did think they might be different, no doubt the lefties will ensure at some point employers cannot advise things like no tattoos visible.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a choice thing life is about making choices if you have any ambition to have a decent job tats reduce the chances of archiving that aim it's a choice

So what if you are self-employed, a massive rock star or obscenely paid Premiership player ?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Many employers, that want their staff to represent them and their brand / image will naturally discriminate against a person with visible tattoos as opposed to without in work uniforms.

Would you see Virgin Atlantic or BA employ an air hostess who had massive visible tits ?

Corrected for you !

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It does because you quoted " I would never hire anyone with visible tattoos or piercings " I thought this meant that you were an employer.

I've hired hundreds of people in my career, but never anyone with visible tattoos or piercings.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
"... encompasses the ethos of inclusiveness"? Trying speaking normal English that people can understand instead of that left-wing PC nonsense.

Well, it's a special needs school that educates those deemed to be unsuitable for mainstream schools and those unable to attend mainstream. Thereby it has an ethos of inclusiveness. Nothing to do with 'left-wing PC nonsense'.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
call me mad if you like; i got a penis and balls tattoed on my genitalia; lots of blood and money, no appreciable upside

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You forgot article and etc too. I would care more about appalling spelling than I would tattoos if I were an employer.

I did see etc but missed appalling, but I thought ignorance was a good one to point out, but I agree with your point 100%.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've hired hundreds of people in my career, but never anyone with visible tattoos or piercings.

So you work for an airline, I'm guessing you employ female staff, any of them have earrings or ear studs?

What jobs do the people you hire do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here