Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep. Enciso , Buonanotte , Adingra, Joao Pedro and Ferguson are all 21 or under and likely to be first team squad regulars. Colwill and Caicedo also 19 and 21 respectively.
Bart Verbruggen isn't even 21 yet either, absurdly young for a goalkeeper who could well end up being our first team keeper this season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not on long enough. One good run. Still got a lot of convincing to do. Nice reaction from RDZ just getting the kid on the pitch. Bit like Soccer Aid.

Still need another RB.

This summed it up for me. Looked fit as in speed for his cameo but looked rusty and not sharp playing wise.

Again it was only 10 mins or so, would have liked him to get half a game out of all 3 games but obviously not up to it I assume.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting that no one has mentioned he played as a LWB against Newcastle linking up well with Adingra is this another tactical move by Roberto?
Good spot. I think RDZ’s plan on fullbacks is as follows.

Right back
Groß against easier sides, Veltman against teams with dangerous left wingers such as Zaha etc. Milner and Lamptey cover injuries or rotate to give Pascal & Joel a rest.

Left Back
Estupiñán as much as possible. Lamptey takes cups and weaker sides. Igor an option for man to man marking with dangerous right wingers such as Saka. Milner or Groß cover injuries.

This means of course that we won’t be signing a new full back and will be looking at players such as Offiah and Samuels to step-up in a year or so. I’m not sure if I agree so much with this but any rumours of us being interested in right backs (Boey & Holm) seem to have been quashed by sources stating we are not looking at that position this window.

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that no one has mentioned he played as a LWB against Newcastle linking up well with Adingra is this another tactical move by Roberto?
I think it was more necessity as they had to switch Samuels inside from left back when JPVH went off (I think, so many changes) and didn’t want to switch the right footed Weir who was already at right back, not his natural position.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I might be wrong, but was that the first time he has played LB for us ?

I believe so, and that makes it all the more incredible. Not an easy thing to do.

First half, largely finding his feet in that position... but in the 2nd two quality assists.

He ain't the same player he was, but he is still absolute quality - and will be so important to our squad depth this season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good spot. I think RDZ’s plan on fullbacks is as follows.

Right back
Groß against easier sides, Veltman against teams with dangerous left wingers such as Zaha etc. Milner and Lamptey cover injuries or rotate to give Pascal & Joel a rest.

Left Back
Estupiñán as much as possible. Lamptey takes cups and weaker sides. Igor an option for man to man marking with dangerous right wingers such as Saka. Milner or Groß cover injuries.

This means of course that we won’t be signing a new full back and will be looking at players such as Offiah and Samuels to step-up in a year or so. I’m not sure if I agree so much with this but any rumours of us being interested in right backs (Boey & Holm) seem to have been quashed by sources stating we are not looking at that position this window.
So I was right! 🧐

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here