Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Ffs it’s becoming another annoying yet. I’m resigned to losing 1 or 2 ie Biss and / or White this Summer but with all our talent I’d like us to have a decent crack at mid-table or even top 10 I really would…!

Neither has gone yet, and if we are to believe Sky, we've batted away a bid for £40m for White. No way will we sell Lamptey, this year.
I think ideally we'd let Bissouma go this summer, keep White for another year, and keep Tariq for another two. The shortest contract is Yves, at two years remaining.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ffs it’s becoming another annoying yet. I’m resigned to losing 1 or 2 ie Biss and / or White this Summer but with all our talent I’d like us to have a decent crack at mid-table or even top 10 I really would…!

It is annoying, but at the same you have a number of clubs on the Super League naughty step trying very very hard to appease their "legacy" fans with headline signings.

If there are willing to pay over the odds and it's reinvested wisely I'm happy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed. Only way that changes is if we think his injury is actually a whole lot worse than thought and we can offload a crock onto someone else's wages.

I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Despite spending most of the season 4th from bottom, we never really looked like dropping into 3rd from bottom.
Or to rephrase that, 3rd from bottom never looked like overtaking us, despite the haul of guaranteed points.

So the club just sat him down as it really just wasn't worth the hassle of 'getting him right' for a few dead rubber games.

What that video does show is Lamptey's playing time will most definitely have to be managed.
If not, it'll be almost impossible for him to play from August to May.

Sure there's a fair few agricultural challenges but just as many 'he's just too good for you' lumps and bumps, which will continue.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When the time is right? Leicester had just won the ****ing Premier League. We are on the brink of something special and should keep all our gems for a season at least.

:facepalm:

TNB, PB, DA etc. have been working hard to make this a sustainable club. That means selling some of our best assets when the time and price is right. The time and price will only be right when we win the PL? - oh FFS, get a grip!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
:facepalm:

TNB, PB, DA etc. have been working hard to make this a sustainable club. That means selling some of our best assets when the time and price is right. The time and price will only be right when we win the PL? - oh FFS, get a grip!

The club has a linked, somewhat soft dichotomy, strategy of sustainability & top 10 ambition. My somewhat inelegant point is that there are threads about selling our top assets all pointing out the inevitability of players leaving this summer. We can have a long-term model of sustainability and PL ambition that might be equally served by our very best players staying with us. That’s an investment model too.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Cant see anyone making serious bids for Lamptey given that he's been out injured so long. He had a great start to the season but he's a player who's game is all about pace and before he's even hit 20 league games with us his season has been ended with hamstring injuries. Other interested clubs will want to see how he recovers before making a move. I should think he'll be a BHAFC player next season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cant see anyone making serious bids for Lamptey given that he's been out injured so long. He had a great start to the season but he's a player who's game is all about pace and before he's even hit 20 league games with us his season has been ended with hamstring injuries. Other interested clubs will want to see how he recovers before making a move. I should think he'll be a BHAFC player next season.

yeah reckon no chance. Could have the same hamstrings as Will Buckley .

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I was hoping we would have a serious run at finishing mid table (dare i say above mid table) this coming season.

The much talked about 3 of White, Lamptey and Bissouma would have had a seasons worth of games and training to get used to playing with each other....... and then we still have the likes of Dunk, Tross, Webster, Veltman, Ali Mac, Moder, Zequri, Pascal, Bobby and hopefully Lallana and Welbeck etc to make us a pretty well balanced and exciting team.

If we lose White, Lamptrey and Bissouma to me it feels like we would be hitting the reset button again.

I saw White as a future captain and was hoping we could keep Lamptey and Bissouma for at least another couple seasons.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I was hoping we would have a serious run at finishing mid table (dare i say above mid table) this coming season.

The much talked about 3 of White, Lamptey and Bissouma would have had a seasons worth of games and training to get used to playing with each other....... and then we still have the likes of Dunk, Tross, Webster, Veltman, Ali Mac, Moder, Zequri, Pascal, Bobby and hopefully Lallana and Welbeck etc to make us a pretty well balanced and exciting team.

If we lose White, Lamptrey and Bissouma to me it feels like we would be hitting the reset button again.

I saw White as a future captain and was hoping we could keep Lamptey and Bissouma for at least another couple seasons.

I would be amazed if all 3 were allowed to leave! You have to trust the club!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Caicedo for Bissouma
Karbownik for Lamptey
Any of our many aspiring centre halves for White

If we wanted to we could £130m up with only a small decrease in ability and a chance given to the next crop. Like or not, producing or acquiring young players, giving them the opportunity then selling them on for a big profit if the plan to get us financially stable.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Personally I’d find it a tough watch having 3 of our current stars playing for opposition PL teams next season, and it would certainly sour the whole ‘PL experience’ somewhat. At least in the Championship we were an average to big sized club and less prone to losing players...hmmmm.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Personally I’d find it a tough watch having 3 of our current stars playing for opposition PL teams next season, and it would certainly sour the whole ‘PL experience’ somewhat. At least in the Championship we were an average to big sized club and less prone to losing players...hmmmm.

For me, it would depend on how we do. If we struggle, I’d agree with you, but if we continue to progress, then I’m okay with it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
But with the big six the exception most clubs are selling clubs. Even the big six are likely to lose star players to Barcelona & Real Madrid.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I know what you mean, when you look at it it's crazy that over the last 10 years really the only players that we've lost to a higher club that (at the time) we'd love to have kept are Ulloa, Bridcutt and Buckley, plus maybe Barnes, and all of those were to a higher league at the time anyway. We've been incredibly lucky as fans in that regard.

But it's something we're going to have to get used to, if this business model is to work. If all goes to plan, we'll be coming up against ex players every time we play the top 6.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Caicedo for Bissouma
Karbownik for Lamptey
Any of our many aspiring centre halves for White

If we wanted to we could £130m up with only a small decrease in ability and a chance given to the next crop. Like or not, producing or acquiring young players, giving them the opportunity then selling them on for a big profit if the plan to get us financially stable.

I understand our business model, sign, develop and sell on (a bit like wolves) but we have only just signed them.

So I would liked for us to try get a couple more seasons out of them, especially Lamptey.

Also, I actually saw White as a much more of a long term player for us being that we only sent him on loan to get experience with Leeds last season.

I don't think Karbo is anywhere near Lamptey's quality yet, I mean Lamptey set the league alight with his brief introduction with us.

What I liked with White, Lamptey and Bissouma is they are all now tried and tested in the Premier League. The chances our any replacements will need to get bedded in again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here