Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Only thing to say is we were drip fed this news and although bad for us it's worse for Tariq, hope the operation is a complete success and his recovery is full over time, no need for any rush now, our perilous league position should not enter in to it, this young man has his full career ahead of him therefore no risks have or should be taken. Get well in your own time Tariq and hope to see you after full recovery, Good luck.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a lifelong football watcher, I’d assumed for many months that we wouldn’t really see TL play again this season. So this is no surprise to me.

Treatment now gives Tariq a very long rehab up to August.

Wishing Solly, AW and TL full and speedy recoveries.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
tbh this is saddening, but not as dramatic an impcat to our season as the continued absence of Webster.

If he is out for the season too, I fear we will struggle to stay up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As a lifelong football watcher, I’d assumed for many months that we wouldn’t really see TL play again this season. So this is no surprise to me.

Treatment now gives Tariq a very long rehab up to August.

Wishing Solly, AW and TL full and speedy recoveries.

This - completely expected this. Plenty of time now to recover for next season and v unlikely he'll be sold in the summer.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I know it's probably a total misconception, but it bloody feels like we never do simple 'back in 2–3 weeks' injuries.

They're always 'out for the season' sagas.

Or in Izzy's case, out for 3-4 seasons...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think a lot of us read between the lines of recent news that he was out for the season.

Sad for him. An incalculable loss for our team. He’s become a match winner for us in many ways.

But thank goodness we bought Veltman. He’s going to be worth his weight in gold the rest of the season. One more crumb of comfort, Lamptey’s injury likely ends any transfer interest for now. I think we can now expect to see him play for us next season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I know it's probably a total misconception, but it bloody feels like we never do simple 'back in 2–3 weeks' injuries.

I think you just remember the long-term injuries and forget the ones where a player only misses a game or 2. I don't know the details, but I'd bet that every club in the league will have 2-3 regular senior players our for several months every season.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

And I think Izzy's contract is up at the end of this season. Will they give him a new one?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And I think Izzy's contract is up at the end of this season. Will they give him a new one?

I would have thought not, but when he appears in the match-day squad - albeit as an unused sub - it makes me wonder what the plan is. If he was offered a new deal, I'm sure that it'd be a fraction of the wage he's currently on.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

It depends on how fit he is and if this recovery can be sustained - i'm not sure the club will let him leave for nothing if he proves his fitness over next few weeks till the end of the season - i suspect they may offer him a 12 month deal? and also dependent on what division we're in next season

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Please give Karbo a chance over the accident waiting to happen Burn. If we need to play Burn move him forward out of harms way where teams won't target him

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If Lamptey is out for the season with this surgery then I dont see anyone coming in with a big bid in the summer. Who would drop £30/40million on a player who could be crocked? Silver lining, we may have him another season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Please give Karbo a chance over the accident waiting to happen Burn. If we need to play Burn move him forward out of harms way where teams won't target him

I think the total opposite to you.

Burn is been decent recently .. but he lacks the delivery to play LWB, so play him at the back.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought earlier in the season that we had a back 5 who not only looked excellent, but would only get better. I don't think it's coincidence that we have struggled since 3 of that starting back 5 have been out. As others have said, thank god for Veltman and we really need AW to recover quickly now..

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Portslade Seagull agree 100% with your comments, is it only you and mean that can see Giraffe is a major reason we keep continue to drop points this season, basketball is surely a sport more suitable.

Mar 7, 2021
Basketball

Portslade Seagull agree 100% with your comments, is it only you and mean that can see Giraffe is a major reason we keep continue to drop points this season, basketball is surely a sport more suitable.

Sadly basketball requires you to be able to jump, something our 6ft7 colussus hasn't yet mastered

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here