Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’ll be curious to see if he walks into starting line up after some training sessions or whether he’ll just be “competition” for the position.
I think he’ll come straight in. He looks the business.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
As I said in another thread, and this is no disrespect to the impact the greyhound had when he came on, but could you imagine the havoc Lamptey would have caused if he came on ? That would have been the ideal introduction for him !!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
His he ever trained with the team before?

Mac Allister won’t have trained with the squad before, he’s not allowed to take part in any activity with the club until the work permit is/was granted. This would include training sessions, media activities, signing sessions with fans etc.

When Izzy was waiting for his work permit he was pictured in the stands watching a public training session take place at the Amex. An article mentioned he was unable to train with the squad until his work permit had been granted and he was training alone to keep fitness levels up during pre season.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
agreed. One user's even claiming MacAllister isn't new. Lost with that one? Pretty sure he's never played in the stripes or trained with the team before and pretty sure most of us had lost all hope of that chance ever happening considering how well he's played for Boca juniors plus making 2 apps for Argentina. This feels like we've pulled off maybe the best and most needed signing of them all, but yet still there's people somehow finding a negative in it, and that is that he "wasn't completely new".

If only we'd signed Patrick Pedantic. Then we'd all be pleased right now

100% agree with this. It was a master class in getting a quality player in at well below market value. But there’s a lot of fans who still don’t get it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am finding it hard to understand the “meh” style comments about Lamptey and McAllister. Imagine how ecstastic we’d be if we had just signed a young Argentine International midfielder, that we hadn’t already signed. Weird
I know. It’s almost as if someone has a plan and knows how to steadily evolve a high level football club...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perfectly fair comment. I know nothing about Lamptey so can't comment.....

But in terms of MacAllister it does depend how you interpret the canceling of a loan of our own player though......

New in terms that he's never played for us but not new in that his contract has been with us for ?18 months.

Putting a different perspective on it, if we have plans for all of our younger players in terms of getting experience, and you cut short that experience halfway through, is that a sign of desperation? Will he miss out on game time as he learns about the pace and style of the PL?

Equally, work permit or not is the weight expectation on a young player not going to be excessive, given the manner of how he's come back? (i.e. Playing well, and coming back to help in a relegation battle?).

Why haven't we also brought Ben White back, if we want our best players?

Needlessly pedantic.

I prefer to trust the judgement of the club. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ll be curious to see if he walks into starting line up after some training sessions or whether he’ll just be “competition” for the position.

Nobody walks into our starting eleven. The starters and the subs are carefully selected for the day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I expect to see him soon though :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Needlessly pedantic.

And your point is what?

Sorry Harry not with you..... not pedantic at all, just fact.

I think potentially whilst already our player, the club is placing unnecessary pressure on his shoulders by recalling him.

Do you think he’ll play lore than 10 games if he adjusts?

Personally, I’d have left him and given him a pre-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
And your point is what?

I think potentially whilst already our player, the club is placing unnecessary pressure on his shoulders by recalling him.

He's an argentina international, scores his fair share of goals, something missing from our midfield. I say get him back and in the starting line-up asap .

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Needlessly pedantic.

They do get things right normally and we do have a great board. But appointing Potter and then extending his contract making him virtually unsackable due to financial costs was a momentius fook up. Extending his contract based on what exactly ? From what i was watching alarm bells were ringing out that early into his managerial career. I feel like Nigel Farage when he first took the steps to get the UK out of the EU over 20 years ago. People laughed at him as a crank back then. I feel the same with Potter but in time people will come around.

The Jan transfer window has been abysmal but hey ho you will find out in May. This season will be remembered for all the wrong reasons and the board has to take the blame for that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And your point is what?

Where’s the pressure?

I bet he’s excited and very keen to show us what he can do.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The Jan transfer window has been abysmal but hey ho you will find out in May. This season will be remembered for all the wrong reasons and the board has to take the blame for that.

Maybe, but very possibly not. We’re still on track to get 40 points, which is an improvement and the football, whilst frustrating at times is still far more entertaining than that shite we were being served up under Hughton. The board acted swiftly at the end of last year, making some very brave decisions regarding the likes of Hughton and Knockaert and the majority of fans are still behind Potter and Uncle Tony.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if the Greyhound and Montoya have done enough to keep this lad out of the squad vs Watford?

https://youtu.be/fsxuMqAWDDI

The more vids I watch of him, the more it becomes obvious that he is an absolute assist machine.

Whilst he’ll probably be our fastest asset (which helps when you bomb forward all the time), I think he could also get a goal or two a mine some penalties for us too as he normally arrives in the box with such pace.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
and think of the distraction he will be on the halfway line when we are defending corners which, with respect, is probably not his strong suit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Where’s the pressure?

I bet he’s excited and very keen to show us what he can do.

You don’t think pulling a player off from a planned level of development into a relegation battle, arguably because of the quality of form isn’t applying a degree of pressure?

I do, think we’ll have to differ on this [emoji2]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And your point is what?

You said he's not new because tecnically he's not new, then equated his 'return' with a recall of Ben White.

He has never kicked a ball for the Albion and is obviously not on a par with White.

So my point was you're being needlessly pedantic. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They do get things right normally and we do have a great board. But appointing Potter and then extending his contract making him virtually unsackable due to financial costs was a momentius fook up. Extending his contract based on what exactly ? From what i was watching alarm bells were ringing out that early into his managerial career. I feel like Nigel Farage when he first took the steps to get the UK out of the EU over 20 years ago. People laughed at him as a crank back then. I feel the same with Potter but in time people will come around.

Why haven't you mentioned your radical views about Potter before? If only you'd mentioned this sooner we could have petitioned the club to sack Potter and save our season. Now I'm gutted. Gutted.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You said he's not new because tecnically he's not new, then equated his 'return' with a recall of Ben White.

He has never kicked a ball for the Albion and is obviously not on a par with White.

So my point was you're being needlessly pedantic. :shrug:

Ok - don't agree.

Percy Tau isn't our player either?

I guess I look at signing's differently...... Once we've paid a fee and the player's put pen to paper and posed in a shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here