Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Cost us £4m, apparently. Plus, I would guess, loads of add-ons.

A steal for a young English prospect. :clap2:

We took advantage of Lille sniffing around and the risk Chelsea could have lost him in the summer for nothing if he moved abroad. Absolutely nothing in todays market for a promising youngster.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just like Boca fans too!

Both set’s of those fans would think we’re a bunch of muppets if they read some of the comments on here regarding the window!

I am finding it hard to understand the “meh” style comments about Lamptey and McAllister. Imagine how ecstastic we’d be if we had just signed a young Argentine International midfielder, that we hadn’t already signed. Weird

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just like Boca fans too!

Both set’s of those fans would think we’re a bunch of muppets if they read some of the comments on here regarding the window!
Yep Maupay is a goal scorer it’s assists he needs more than anything and these two new lads look very capable of providing them. If Maupay had signed this window and we had been using Murray and AC until now, along with the two new boys they would be praising the club for a superb window.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I am finding it hard to understand the “meh” style comments about Lamptey and McAllister. Imagine how ecstastic we’d be if we had just signed a young Argentine International midfielder, that we hadn’t already signed. Weird
Absolutely bizarre.

Granted, window could have been better. Could have been much, much worse; but I’m dead happy with MacAllister and Lamptey

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

A player we would have no Chan or signing g if we hadn’t picked him up last year. As you say, weird!!!!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Looking on their forum, someone said they should've given us Pedro and moved Lamptey forward. They think highly of him there.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

agreed. One user's even claiming MacAllister isn't new. Lost with that one? Pretty sure he's never played in the stripes or trained with the team before and pretty sure most of us had lost all hope of that chance ever happening considering how well he's played for Boca juniors plus making 2 apps for Argentina. This feels like we've pulled off maybe the best and most needed signing of them all, but yet still there's people somehow finding a negative in it, and that is that he "wasn't completely new".

If only we'd signed Patrick Pedantic. Then we'd all be pleased right now

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Perfectly fair comment. I know nothing about Lamptey so can't comment.....

But in terms of MacAllister it does depend how you interpret the canceling of a loan of our own player though......

New in terms that he's never played for us but not new in that his contract has been with us for ?18 months.

Putting a different perspective on it, if we have plans for all of our younger players in terms of getting experience, and you cut short that experience halfway through, is that a sign of desperation? Will he miss out on game time as he learns about the pace and style of the PL?

Equally, work permit or not is the weight expectation on a young player not going to be excessive, given the manner of how he's come back? (i.e. Playing well, and coming back to help in a relegation battle?).

Why haven't we also brought Ben White back, if we want our best players?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Perfectly fair comment. I know nothing about Lamptey so can't comment.....

But in terms of MacAllister it does depend how you interpret the canceling of a loan of our own player though......

New in terms that he's never played for us but not new in that his contract has been with us for ?18 months.

Putting a different perspective on it, if we have plans for all of our younger players in terms of getting experience, and you cut short that experience halfway through, is that a sign of desperation? Will he miss out on game time as he learns about the pace and style of the PL?

Equally, work permit or not is the weight expectation on a young player not going to be excessive, given the manner of how he's come back? (i.e. Playing well, and coming back to help in a relegation battle?).

Why haven't we also brought Ben White back, if we want our best players?

It was the work permit which we were relying on to determine if he was ever going to be able to pay for us. It got announced yesterday that it was all done n dusted. He is now officially a Brighton player who can now play for us. Great news. Couldn't feel more like a new signing and someone who we actually need to help solve this seasons problems
. Can't wait to see him, Propper and Mooy all playing together. I'm going to need a bib for that for sure.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was the work permit which we were relying on to determine if he was ever going to be able to pay for us. It got announced yesterday that it was all done n dusted. He is now officially a Brighton player who can now play for us. Great news. Couldn't feel more like a new signing and someone who we actually need to help solve this seasons problems
. Can't wait to see him, Propper and Mooy all playing together. I'm going to need a bib for that for sure.

Fair enough. I think we are all keen to see him play, but given the hype on NSC I hope everyone's expectations are managed, and he is given time to adjust. He is still very young.

The whole new player thing is debatable as he was already ours, but as you say perhaps he's not new until he actually plays.

On that basis, I don't know why I'm keen to see Percy Tau..... as he's not really ours...... At least I can be excited twice.....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
which still didn't mean he was a Brighton player.

Sorry you've lost me.

A contract including the name of the club he is signed by and the one he has left, would suggest otherwise, not to mention the money we paid his former team.

We don't not pay the fee because of the work permit gamble.....

He hasn't played for us, but he can still be our player.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sorry you've lost me.

A contract including the name of the club he is signed by and the one he has left, would suggest otherwise, not to mention the money we paid his former team.

We don't not pay the fee because of the work permit gamble.....

He hasn't played for us, but he can still be our player.

Player is the key word here and he wasn't our player. Yes we owned his contract but that didn't mean he was our player. Pretty sure there was no way he could've played for us right up until yesterday when we got the big, unexpected news that he can now be a Brighton player

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Player is the key word here and he wasn't our player. Yes we owned his contract but that didn't mean he was our player. Pretty sure there was no way he could've played for us right up until yesterday when we got the big, unexpected news that he can now be a Brighton player

Owned the person but not our player, no sorry lost me [emoji2]

I realise it’s all nomenclature

Great point, enjoy the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I’ll be curious to see if he walks into starting line up after some training sessions or whether he’ll just be “competition” for the position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here