Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Talksport

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought Talksport was getting dull then got in the car when my wife had Radio 2 on. Talksport is an absolute riot in comparison to that garbage.
I used to listen to R2 all a lot, but they appear to have killed it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are referring to Andy Dickhead Goldstein … who as well as being a gobby tit is a MU supporter

He really is quite annoying. Bent, on the other hand, is very good. Quite how he puts up with Andy I have no idea.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I listened to a bit while channel hopping, it was Andy Goldstein arguing with Darren Bent:

IF ARSENAL FINISH 2ND IS THAT FAILURE ? YES or NO?
erm
well
errrr

Grow up
Well don’t just leave it there, is it or isn’t it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I only tune in, say once a fortnight, to the 10am show if something funny’s happened such as Manure are on a non-winning streak. I do like Jordan’s cutting assassinations, even though he’s incredibly pompous and hypocritical.

The rest is boring. Hawksby & guests is now soporific, Danny Kelly’s Monday lunchtime round up full of glaring double standards, the jokey breakfast show unfunny, whilst the Goldstein and Bent’s ‘banter’ over Manure v Arse is f@cking tedious.
The attempted ‘bantz’ all comes from Goldstein…he won’t allow for any criticism of MU ….and tries to wind up Bent re Arsenal…Goldstein at times has a behavioural age of minus ten

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Agreed……Bent is fine and should be the lead with A.nother

Agreed. Darren Bent is very good value. Provides some really interesting insight from his playing days.

Goldstein’s attempts to be one of the lads has been grating on me since his Soccer AM days.

He’s nowhere near as bad as Alan Brazil and Gabby Agbonlahor though. Absolutely mind-numbing dirge filled with inside jokes and thinly-veiled boasts about events they’ve attended etc.

I was interested to see how Jeff Stelling would get on when he joined, but he’s trying a bit too hard.

Ally McCoist is excellent though. He’s just a very likeable character.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If I'm in a motor with DAB I listen to Radio6. If I'm in a motor with a council radio, talksport gets the nod, so mostly commuting times. I often turn it off due to frequent puerile shite.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Goldstein & Bent are like two blokes on gear talking bollocks down the pub. Bent talks like his words are piping hot and he can’t wait to get them out of his mouth quick enough.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I enjoyed those days - Parry and Graham were amiable buffoons, Parry in particular capable of talking hilarious tripe. I still listen to TS in the gym some mornings - McCoist and Townsend are alright as are Sawyer and Cascarino at the weekends and I like Simon Jordan (there, I said it) but I can't listen to Gabby 'what about the Villa ?' Agbonlahor and Brazil.
I used to like listening to Parry and Brazil on the way the work too. Bit of banter and they did talk about football. I used to think Mike Parry was called Porky because he was portly. He now pops up on Jeremy Vine on Channel 5 now and again. I now realise he is called Porky because he is a total gammon.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Quite happy to listen to anything in the morning so long as it’s not that ar5e kissing sycophant and his lackeys on Virgin Radio.
He was good on Radio 2, but now he’s gone back to being the same unbearable, unlistenable tosspot that he was in the 90s.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Imagine if someone invented something like podcasts or Spotify... ad-filled garbage like TalkSport would go out of business in an instant, as SURELY nobody would tune in?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Imagine if someone invented something like podcasts or Spotify... ad-filled garbage like TalkSport would go out of business in an instant, as SURELY nobody would tune in?
I’m reliably informed that DULLNESS is also available in a well known podcast.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I gave up when Tommy Boyd left
Ah, Tommy Boyd. I remember reading an article about how the incoming boss of Talk Radio (or whetever it was called at the time) decided Boyd had to go after tuning to his show when he was conducting a phone-in on why butterflies weren't called flutterbies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He really is quite annoying. Bent, on the other hand, is very good. Quite how he puts up with Andy I have no idea.
I normally tune in for the drive home from work at 4.00. It normally starts with Goldstein moaning about Bent's, clothes, shoes or trainers for the first 15 minutes...Bent should chin him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to like listening to Parry and Brazil on the way the work too. Bit of banter and they did talk about football. I used to think Mike Parry was called Porky because he was portly. He now pops up on Jeremy Vine on Channel 5 now and again. I now realise he is called Porky because he is a total gammon.
Parry used to bill himself as a " Comedy Journalist " in those days. He's a bitter little ignoramus these days. Glad he's long gone.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Andy Jacobs is the worst, just clickbait comments he’s heard elsewhere.

Don‘t warm to Gobby Agbonlahor or Simon Jawache either.

i don’t mind the rest of it if you don’t take it too seriously and listen in small doses!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Goldstein & Bent are like to blokes on gear talking bollocks down the pub. Bent talks like his words are piping hot and he can’t wait to get them out of his mouth quick enough.
This. For some reason, they talk like the terms & conditions part at the end of a shitty insurance ad.

"SoifArsenaldon'twinatrophythisseasonishthatafailureBenty"
"Whaddymeanfailure?They'reprogressingunderArteta"
"Yeahbuttheyspentoverahundredmillinthesummersonowtheyhavetowinsomething"
"WhataboutUnitedthey'vespenthundredsofmillandgotnowhere"
"yeahbutyeahbutyeahbut"

Drunk Hot Mess GIF by Hollyoaks

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If I want to get annoyed on the radio I listen to Nihal Arthanayake on 5 Live telling me what a racist I am. I never want to get so annoyed that I have to listen to Talksport. It’s f***ing dreadful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here